Trailer Trash

notsosunnySundaily (Read 27 times)

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

no sunshine for us for a couple of days and it looks like snow in the forecast, which is OK as elk season is no open and snow makes it easier to hunt;  heading back home from Missoula today and will get a 5-10 mile run in this afternoon

qotd:  tattoos?  I have two from a million years ago when I was in the service, I've thought about getting rid of them, but the cost seems awfully high and they are on my upper arm and for the most part out of view, so I've left them

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

some call me Tim

Overcast here, too, but relatively dry and temps in the 50s... a good day to run but it's a well-earned RD here.

qotd: Hey now, warden, not so fast! What *are* the tats?

I have one, an anchor(shoulder)... had a good friend who was kind of the heart of an old group of friends and had an anchor on each forearm die of a drug overdose about 5 years ago now. After that, we all got anchors and try to meet up once a year around the day.

I say leave em even if they're unrecognizable. There are so many things over the years of our lives that leave marks on us and a lot of them don't even show, but the ones that are visible are some acknowledgement of our past. As time passes and all of those old memories get jumbled and fuzzy, a mark is proof positive of where we've been and the trajectory it set us on.

Have a good one, everybody :-)

muppy

Will get out for an hour or so after work today.

QOTD I I have a wolf and moon nature  one  on my left bicep. My right arm I have a sun with my sons name on top and birthdate underneath.

Watoni

In the office, so hoping for a short run (like yesterday) and maybe a quick hill interval on the bike but that is optimistic.

Was on a call and dropped my phone when picking up my bag to head into the office and cracked it &^%$# Should have been on the trails ....

QOTD: Nope. My freeskier son hates them, so that's good in my book  ....

Daydreamer1

At work so no running. Had a decent, but slow, 7.4 miles last night.  Set up my computer this morning when I came into work and the damn thing keeps crashing . Looks like a new computer is in order.

QOTD: Tattoos????  Not on this body........ever!!!!!   Well, maybe there is one that I would get.  I have said I would consider getting a "Do Not Resusitate" one on my chest when I get older.

NorthernHarrier

Nice morning here and cool so the pup and I trashed ourselves in the pursuit of woodcock and grouse. Definitely cross training. Tough cover. The plan was a longish run today and hunt later but now I'm not sure if I'm up for the long run part. Probably give it a try after a little break. Not many people around now that all the leaves are gone. Kinda nice. 

QOTD--A few scars but no tats. I love when it's 35F out but someone is wearing a sleeveless shirt just so you can see his.  To each there own I guess but sometimes I don't know whether to look at someone or read them. 

OBMedic

I did plan on doing 9 miles today until I tweaked my ankle last night. It was dark and I was walking down a set of stairs made out of railroad ties that weren't exactly even. I caught my heel on the last step and have been limping around ever since. No pain with just even weight bearing but any lateral shift in weight increases the pain. Doing the whole RICE thing but I'm not so good at the rest part. We'll see how it feels by tomorrow.

QOTD: There's one I've been thinking about getting but none currently.

Upcoming Races

Nutcracker 12 hour- 12/15/15 (Depending on Work Schedule)

Everglades Ultras 50M- 2/20/16

Black Mountain Monster 24 hour- May 2016

www.alwaysmoretogive.com

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Legs have been feeling heavy and tired lately - too many quality runs and not enough easy ones - so I went for a quick power walk instead of a run today. Felt good if somewhat different from an easy run. Now off to work.

QOTD: No tattoos and no chance of anyone talking me into one. I also don't put bumper stickers on my car.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                        05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

slosh

Had a nice 8 miler which turned into a tempo run since I was feeling good. Perfect fall running weather here.

Qotd: nada. I have no desire really. The main reason being that I would probably regret it later on in life. That schtuff is permanent.

Sandy-2

Took the day off yesterday (Sun) to let my lower back rest and perhaps fix itself up a bit.  I've got a little niggle that I'm hoping the taper will take care of.  I'll do a lite run today after work.

They were having a little 'sidewalk sale' along the seawall outside our apartment yesterday, took this as they were packing up.  Nice little toys.  (Sorry for the grainy photo, zoomed in iPhone at night.  Yeah, they had about 7 or 8 of them in assorted colors.)  They just didn't seem too practical though, not enough ground clearance to get to trail heads.

Loading up the Ferrari's.

qotd: None.

tbd.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Dropped off DD to volunteer early at the Tussey Mountainback, then worked, and then returned to volunteer together with her running the 35-mile aid station.

It was fun, but our walkie-talkie did not work, as we were in a narrow valley amidst the mountains (we've never had issues with that before in earlier years, but something must have been different this year). So we could hear all communication, but not forward any information from our aid station.

Luckily, we did not have an emergency at our aid station, or need extra supplies. But Connie Gardner dropped at the 32-mile aid station in second place because she felt ill, and her condition deteriorated to the point where they needed an ambulance. She recovered quickly during the ambulance ride, however (we know those guys do miracles there!), and then could be brought back to her hotel safely.

Still a scary moment, or 2 hours, rather.

It was good conditions for running, temps in the low 50's, light wind, rain at first, which tapered off, but pretty cold for volunteering. I was glad to be wearing my rain pants and winter jacket.

If things went without any big changes after our aid station, Eric Senseman and Heather Hoechst won the 50-mile ultra. I don't recall the team who won the relay, though.

QOTD: None. At times in my life I wished I had one, but never actually went ahead and got one. Now there's no chance of me getting one any more.

Run for fun.