Trailer Trash

Wet Weekendailies (Read 17 times)

Daydreamer1

Hmmmm...........  Kind of dead around here. Everyone must be sleeping in today .

Today and yesterday's run were almost totally different.  Did 5.3 miles both days. Felt good the whole time but my time was as slow as molasses. Today I felt good but not as good as yesterday and when I was running I was just cruising along.  Would have turned in the best time of two years for that distance if I hadn't done a mile of walk training.

QOTD: ??????? Drawing a blank.

Heh, it is pretty quiet.

Not a wet weekend for me.  Nice and sunny but windy here in northern CA, did 7.2 miles earlier and then futzed around the house/yard for the rest of the day.  Debating signing up for a 50k next weekend in the Marin Headlands.

QOTD: where is everyone?!

4/14/24 Napa Valley 50k, Calistoga, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

runtraildc

Morning folks. Got in 6 miles with the group yesterday on very tired legs.  I've been taking it a bit too easy lately  so I cannot explain it. Was tired all day so I'm chalking it up to fighting off a bug. This morning, got in 4 miles in rock creek. Muddy and fun, and early so there was only one large group of mom, dad and 4 cute kids on what looked like their mother's day hike.  We ran part of a loop that I typically do, but in reverse direction. It was disorienting and I even got confused at one major intersection.  I guess I need to do that more often, change direction.

qotd: at home. the rain finally ended and today is sunny and will be warm so it's a great day to get outside and enjoy it.

Sandy-2

Happy Mother's Day!

Did 9 mi yesterday with the gang. It was sorta cool and felt pretty good, but near the end the legs did feel sluggish. Not sure if I'll get a run in today, we'll see.

qotd: just hanging around, which means doing stuff around the house.  DD and her BF are coming over for dinner tonight.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

NHLA

13 miles Saturday  Carl Sanburg. .4.5 miles today High Rock.

Qotd  watching Outsiders on Hulu.

jonferg67

Endless trails

Happy Mothers Day to the Trail Running moms,

This morning I ran the HM at Bear Mt put on by The North Face. It rained all

day yesterday for the 50M, 50k, and Marathon, today we totally lucked out

as it warmed up and didn't rain. The trails, however, were a mess. I had

great time out there, it was quite a challenge. I did learn that my strongest

trail running is on steep, rocky downhills.

QOTD: Time to chill out and eat.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Recovering from a track 50K yesterday then staying up most of the night to cheer the 12- and 24-hour runners. Pleased with my results in a cold rain and wind that saw a lot of attrition in the 24-hour race: 7:46:24 for 9th of 12 overall and 6th of 8 men.

qotd: now you know where I was, on the Academy Park HS track in Sharon Hill, PA at the Dawn to Dusk to Dawn Ultras.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                      05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Daydreamer1

Put in 11 miles up on the mountain. Pretty nice day with the temps in the 60s. Just as I finished up the wind started gusting high enough that I was glad I wasn't on the trails. Too many deal trees along the trails to suit me.

Congrats to Jon and wcrunner on having good races.

QOTD:  Just hung out around the house all weekend. DS came home and made DW breakfast this morning.  Couldn't get him to go for a run with me though.

LB2

I ran 5 early Saturday morning.

QOTD: I ran. Then, I read. I ate some crawfish and drank some beer.

LB2