Trailer Trash

Monday, Monday, so good to me........ (Read 19 times)

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

not really, but I like the song 

got an "epic" snowshoe trip over the weekend, ~ 15 miles w/ 4000-ish of gain, 10-11 miles on shoes- was great training outing and very pretty out

5-ish miles planned this evening

qotd: listen to 60's music?  favorite bands?  I like 60's music- old Doors, Rolling Stones, Beatles, more- good stuff

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

AT-runner

Tim

Rest day today.  Probably won't even walk later since i need some rest.

QOTD:  Love 60's music. CSN, Mamas and the Poppas, Beetles, Motown.  XM radio is adding a Beetles channel on 5/18 and I can't wait. I usually listen to 60's or 70's or the Classic Rock station.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

NorthernHarrier

DW was up real early to head back to Madison and work, I tried to go back to sleep but to no avail. Gonna be a nice sunny day with temps in the upper 50's. My planned long run of yesterday was cut short to about 10 as I was flat lining. I could have kept going but it had stopped being fun so that was it. I had gone mtn. biking the evening before and maybe that was to blame. No run today but I think I'll do a longer session mtn. biking.

Been watching the snotel sites wondering if some of that snow will start melting anytime soon. Where I have a couple big runs planned for the end of June could be problematic. Better start working on a plan B.

Warden--At least I see some bare ground in your photos. Nice effort on the snowshoes!

QOTD--I love 60's music, post '65 or so.  No real favs as I enjoy the variety but Steppenwolf is always good. Is that late 60's or early 70's? I do think I have overdosed on Beatles music way back in time.

LB2

SRD for me today. My back is still pretty sore, not really sore; it just hurts.

QOTD: I don't really like 60's rock. I like a lot of country from that era, Merle Haggard, Johnny Cash, etc. I don't think I like rock around the time Black Sabbath came along.

LB2

Daydreamer1

Have some errands to run with DW then maybe a short bike ride. Also want to get in a run of some sort but probably only 5-6 miles.

Warden - I'm jealous. So many nice mountains.

QOTD:  Almost all of the older stuff I listen to is country.  A few that were popular in the 60's but more from the 70s era. From the 60s it would be the Statler Brothers, Waylon, Johnny Cash, Jack Greene, Buck Owens.  I think the ones from the 70s were better. Been using YouTube lately to listen to groups like The Kendalls, Dave and Sugar, Sylvia and of course the best band of all time, Exile. I actually like them better then Alabama. A lot of really good groups from that era into the 80s that you never hear anymore.  Of course I can't forget about Dr Hook. Listen to them quite a bit now, back when they were touring I didn't even know they existed, I was all country.

Edit:  Some how I forgot to mention how much I listen to the always adorable ladies Agnetha  and Anni-Frid of ABBA.  Actually that probably was the best band of all time moving Exile to the best country band.

Hmmmm..........The question was about 60s music and somehow I went down the bunny trail of the 70s . DS accuses me of doing stuff like that all the time.  Never stay of subject according to him.

LB2

Been using YouTube lately to listen to groups like The Kendalls

The Kendalls were great, totally underrated.

LB2

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Me and the mutts ran about 7 miles this am.  Did a lot of chores this weekend.  The old man is building a beyond awesome deck and I had to help him get the beams up.  Some heavy lifting but mostly Isometric exercise holding it in place for long periods while constantly being told to not let it fall.    After getting one rather large beam in the OM said, "I think we earned a beer that was stressful!"  So if he was stressing you can image that I was too!

QOTD:  Led Zeppelin has to be my favorite 60s band, followed by stones, doors, skynyrd and others but never much of a Beatle fan.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

jonferg67

Endless trails

MT: I can't see the pics from work computer, old version of Microsoft I guess. Your

numbers are damn impressive though.

No run this morning for me, just a short hike with the dog. Too bad, first morning

without rain in a few days. Got a good HM planned for Sunday morning, so just

going to take it easy this week with shortish runs.

QOTD: I listen to Dylan from the 60's, some Grateful Dead.

Anyone ever been to Montreal or Quebec City? DW are planning a week in July, just

booked a place in each city.

runtraildc

No run today for me.  Between yesterday and today, it's been a really high pollen count and it's hit me like a ton of bricks.  I don't have seasonal allergies, but this year, I apparently do.  I was almost thinking (hoping?) I was coming down with a cold.

qotd: Ok, I'm just going to say it. I don't really like music in general. Apparently, my brain is wired to a 'low sensitivity to music' and I just don't respond to it the way most people do. I don't get the happy, relaxed, sentimental sensations that people often feel.  It's just there, and given my choice, I prefer silence.  While I do have some bands/musicians that I like, they are few in number and I really only listen when I am on a treadmill. Don't get me wrong, music is not bad, but if I were to pick an art form that had to be eradicated from the earth, I would choose music.

Long answer, short. No.  

LB2

QOTD:  Led Zeppelin has to be my favorite 60s band, followed by stones, doors, skynyrd and others but never much of a Beatle fan.

I never cared for the Beatles either. In fact, I hate them almost as much as I hate the Eagles.

LB2

Queen of Nothing

Sue

What!!!!!!    oh my oh my.... and wow...  and I am sorry. 

qotd: Ok, I'm just going to say it. I don't really like music in general. Apparently, my brain is wired to a 'low sensitivity to music' and I just don't respond to it the way most people do. I don't get the happy, relaxed, sentimental sensations that people often feel.  It's just there, and given my choice, I prefer silence.  While I do have some bands/musicians that I like, they are few in number and I really only listen when I am on a treadmill. Don't get me wrong, music is not bad, but if I were to pick an art form that had to be eradicated from the earth, I would choose music.

Long answer, short. No.  

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

NHLA

5 miles around the mountain.  Nice morning.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

I hate the Eagles.

you and the Dude man! 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Daydreamer1

Between yesterday and today, it's been a really high pollen count and it's hit me like a ton of bricks. 

DD really sounds bad right now with her allergies. Many years ago I had a bad year and quit taking my allergy meds and actually improved. Found out that I'm actually partially allergic to long term use of most of the allergy meds .

Apparently, my brain is wired to a 'low sensitivity to music' and I just don't respond to it the way most people do. I don't get the happy, relaxed, sentimental sensations that people often feel.  It's just there, and given my choice, I prefer silence.  

That somewhat describes me too. Sometimes I really enjoy music and other times, actually most times, I prefer silence.  DS can't understand this and I just tell him the conversations with the voices are better that way .

I really only listen when I am on a treadmill.

When on the Treadmill, trainer and elliptical I find it motivating, otherwise no music when lifting or outside unless it's to block out some annoying noise.

moonlightrunner

Jumping into the fray late today. I have been mostly MIA here lately. This not having a job thing has upended my routine...I don't have one anymore. Then, there is taking care of old people. Toddlers were easier. My dad's health is failing, they can barely get up and down the many stairs in their home (where I now live WITH them).  I am working on moving things around so things are a little easier for them, but I can't make them younger.  I wish I could. Everyone here be very glad you are active and running and staying fit.

Good news is, my run mojo is back. I ran a trail half marathon a week ago, and it went reasonably well. I run all the hills and pass everyone hiking up. Then, they pass me on the steep downs because I am overly cautious. Something about a fear of face plants.  I had a fun time. As I was running I chatted with a lady I thought was about my age. Turned out she was turning 71 later in the month. I am hopeful that when I am 71 I will be out doing a gnarly, rocky, technical half marathon!

I have entered a race on May 21. It is a race on a farm and promises post race pictures with oxen. https://www.evensi.us/tillers-oxtrot-2017-tillers-international/199797481. It is for a good cause and I am looking forward to the somewhat different setting. I talked with the RD last weekend, and only 17 people have signed up for it. I am hopeful it will be well attended.

Warden: I am always captivated by the photos you take on the run (or snowshoe). You are a lucky man!

qotd: I love 60's music!  And the 70's (INCLUDING THE EAGLES!). Truth be told though, I don't really listen to music much, instead I think I have an internet addiction problem. I feel like I need a cleanse....I should try to go 10 minutes without looking at my phone.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k