Trailer Trash

Championship Sunday (Read 38 times)

LB2

I may run; I may not run. I have to work on a fence and go hunting later. This the last day of deer season, and I haven't been yet. I suspect we will end up watching a football game, though. I don't take deer hunting too seriously.

QOTD: Have you been sick more often this winter, the same, or less?

I rarely get sick. But I have been on antibiotics twice this winter. I am currently taking some for an ear infection right now. I haven't had an ear ache since I was a kid. They hurt, bad.

LB2

Occasional Runner

Nothing but rest and buckets of cold beer for me today. It's our last day in Brazil, so we're going to enjoy it.

Side Rant: So, I decided to run the Grand Slam and went about securing my spots in Leadville, Wasatch and Vermont. As a "Slammer" you're essentially guaranteed entry to all the races, despite the lotteries. Leadville and Wasatch were a breeze and I was given my spots immediately. The RD for Vermont refused to promise me an entry and gave me a lecture on deciding to run the Slam so late. She made me register for the wait list because Vermont is sold out!! She was an absolute pain the ass about the entire thing. She later sent me an email suggesting that she would "try" to make sure I got a spot because she didn't want HER race to be the reason I wasn't allowed to run the slam. WTF?

QOTD: Aside from race related puking, I've been exceptionally healthy.

Gator eye

I'm kickin back today and watching the snow fall

QOTD: knock on wood the only sickness I ve had this year has been self inflicted

hog4life

Lace, sounds like she's being a pain about it, hopefully things will work out.

I did a little 5 miler on the trails with Bella. It was her 1st trail run and she did great. There were about 30 people and 4 other dogs, I was proud of her!

I am liking this trail running more and more, so much so, that I signed up for a Feb 7 25k.

QOTD;  I rarely get sick. I have always been this way, even as a kid. I take the flu shot every year for the last 17 years or so, I think it helps.

The pooch and I had another nice 3 mile trail run. Then we sat in the car waiting for a salt truck or some melting. The ice was terrible and there was an impassable grade no matter which way went to we go home.  After an hour or so it warmed enough that the roads became passable.

QOTD:  I don't get sick often.  I did have a couple days of some kind of bug earlier though.  Nothing far from the norm though.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

runtraildc

Good afternoon, trailers.  No run for me today.  I seem to be fighting off a bug (timely qotd) and am heading to swim meet session #4.

Lace- I don't think you have my sympathy.  If I understand correctly, the period for special consideration had passed and they'd opened  registration and filled, even those they may have held for Grand Slammers.   If that's the case, the RD is being generous if she bumps you above the wait list and gives you a slot, IMO.

moonlightrunner

I will be waking the grand babies in a few minutes. Taking them to baby daddy's grandmother's house so he can see them. We allow him only supervised visits with the kids (my pet name for him is Loser Boy...and he never fails to measure down to it). BUT...then I am going for an 8 miler at the state park. Hoping it get me my mojo back. I have been uninspired.

Qotd: I refuse to answer on the grounds it could jinx me! I will be working at pediatric offices the next two weeks for software go lives. It will be 10 days of being submerged in germs and pestilance. I will be working in a petri dish of illnesses!

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

8.1 miles for me today; 34 for the week.  That's a big week for me at this point in my recovery.  I hope Sue ran this weekend

Hey Kelly, pull some strings and get Howland in Wasatch.  I'm going to come crew if he does.  I hope the Vermont lady comes around for you.

QOTD: I rarely get sick and haven't been sick at all yet this winter, thankfully.

Running is dumb.

AT-runner

Tim

Solo 10 miles on an old section of the AT.  Some awesome creek crossings with ice bridges.  Definitely need to change to new screw shoes as I developed a hot spot under my left big toe right above where on of the screws sits.

Lace - I think the RD's hubby holds the course record, so maybe she's afraid you'll come an take it away.

Moon - I like your pet name.  Reminds me of one of my favorite movie quotes from Parenthood, - “You need a license to buy a dog, you need a license to drive a car, hell, you even need a license to catch a fish. But they’ll let any butt-reaming asshole be a father.” ~ Keanu Reeves

Mandy - Nice week.  Is this your biggest week since coming off inured reserve?  Game on for Sue.

QOTD:  Pretty good this year, so far.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Pulled off a great run - 5ish miles on my old fav trail.  I was so worried about driving up the mountain to the parking area (road is not maintained in winter although it's not closed either).  It was fine.  But because I worried so much about that I didn't think about the condition of the trail.  Pretty slick so it was slow going.  I needed spikes and did not have them.  At the turnaround, I just stopped, and listened to my favorite sound in the world - a silent forest in winter.  Not much like it.

Kelly - I don't understand why Vermont is even part of the slam.  I mean I know the history but seems like it doesn't match the other 3 races.  But hope you get in.

QOTD: Not yet.

Have a great day! (Go Pats!)

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

a hurried 5 miles down the mountain w/ snowshoes (see thread posted)

qotd: also worried about jinxing Smile (so far so good)

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

NorthernHarrier

Well I have the DVR going so I think I'll do some road miles now. Not sure when I'll start watching as it's too stressful. My Packer fandom dates back to watching Green Bay rule the NFL in the 60's.  Picked up a new old Springer today. I thought she was 3 but is 5 instead. The smallest Springer I have ever seen coming in at 30lbs. Very timid at this point but all should work out.

boyjame--so nice to see you getting back to the trails. Very good.

Mandy--I never understand why you're so willing to crew for people on some mtn run as opposed to just heading out somewhere great like that to run for yourself. I'll just myob though. 

runtrail/Lace-- pretty much agree with runtrail on this one. Sorry.

warden--another great adventure.

QOTD--Had a 3-4 day flu hit me suddenly in the late fall but generally I am never getting sick.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Well looks like Madison Mandy is as sweet as everyone thinks when she is challenged.  Thought you would of taken the day off!!!  I got 17 miles in with the group. Which makes Mandy ahead by 21 and I am behind my bunny by 11.  Speaking of the group...CAN WE GET RUNNING PLEASE!!!!!!  First we have to meet and talk, then we wait at Ys in the road, then we wait because when they catch up they need to eat, then a couple miles later someone needs to eat so we stop, then we walk the hill...ok but it's leveled a bit so we shuold run but no because it starts up again, then every every incline becomes s hill until old grouchy pants (that's me) yells THIS IS NOT A HILL or WHY DIDN'T YOU EAT ON WALK UP THE HILL!!  Great group nice people but maybe not for me.   But I do like to run with people.

Qotd: No and stop asking I think you want to jinxs us all!!!

Moon:  good luck getting out of there without getting sick.

AT:  Who's your money on?

Northern:  Sweet anither pup.

8.1 miles for me today; 34 for the week.  That's a big week for me at this point in my recovery.  I hope Sue ran this weekend

Hey Kelly, pull some strings and get Howland in Wasatch.  I'm going to come crew if he does.  I hope the Vermont lady comes around for you.

QOTD: I rarely get sick and haven't been sick at all yet this winter, thankfully.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

sugnim

Howdy all. I had a fun 8 mile run with my son in the running stroller. It was pretty soggy out as the ice and snow are starting to melt. My goretex shoes didn't hold up to it (a first) but my wool socks kept my feet warm and blister-free. Also, one of the wheels came off of the stroller while we were running. Right before it happened, I looked down at the wheels and was thinking about how they're connected, then pop!  Of it came on the icy trail!  I was able to hold the stroller stable with one hand and fix it with the other, all while my son slept peacefully.

QOTD:  I had one little cold earlier this season. Some years, I get a bunch of stuff, other years I stay pretty healthy. It seems kinda random.

AT-runner

Tim

AT:  Who's your money on?

I'm pulling for both of you. Running makes you happy, and that's what you need,  and Mandy was out way too long.

How's that for being diplomatic. 

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway!