Trailer Trash

Photos from the Free State Trail Marathon this morning. (Read 25 times)

RabbitChaser

I had a very soggy and muddy marathon today, but it went fairly well. I finished in around 5:34ish, including about ten minutes of photographing two copperheads. Smile

Here is a link to the photos.

Eric

NorthernHarrier

Well that quagmire gives me flashbacks. I ran the 40 miler there a few years back and it was a mess. Fun and well organized but a mess. Destroyed a good pair of shoes as I just could never rinse all the mud out. They dried stiff as concrete and about as heavy.   It looks like a nice trail system if it would ever be dry. I talked with a guy from Lawrence a little while later and he said it's always a mud bath there. That soil just won't dry out according to him.  Still, nice job there.  Gonna be do Flatrock now in Sept.? That's supposed to be a real nice race.

I had a friend that used to live out there and we did a lot of bird hunting out there over the years. I think Kansas is a great state.

Daydreamer1

Wow, Looks like a nice mess. Of course the dirtier you get the more fun you're having.

RabbitChaser

NorthernHarrier - I have no plans for Flat Rock this year, but am looking at either the Hawk marathon or 50 miler in September. I've run out there maybe five times the last two years and it was always dry. This was the first time I've run that course when it was raining and muddy.

Daydreamer - I had a blast, but it was tough due to all the slipping and sliding. I basically had no traction on about half of the course.

Watoni

Yikes, looks like the North Face mud fest of this past year and a few year's ago, but worse!