Trail Runners

Dirty trails runners weekly ending 1/13 (Read 195 times)

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

week 1 of 2013 went great, week 2 looks like the weather is trying to conspire against me w/ an arctic blast arriving Friday Sad

I'm going to try and front load the week w/ a few more miles as this weekend looks bleak for my long run, which was supposed to be 20 miles

damn weather anyways Big grin

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

under a rock

Sorry about your impending bad weather. We're going to have a freak warm spell this weekend with the highs in the 70's and the lows in the 50's. My "long" run might be a bit warmer than I'd like for it to be this time of year.

I haven't gotten on the trails yet this week, will do so tomorrow. I'm looking forward this weekend to what will hopefully be my first double digit run in nearly two years.

Purdey

Self anointed title

What are we supposed to post in these weekly threads?  I gather they were a staple in RWOL, but I'm not familiar with them.

under a rock

What are we supposed to post in these weekly threads?  I gather they were a staple in RWOL, but I'm not familiar with them.

Just talk about what you're up to on the running front, hopefully something having to do with trails.

In here it's not really an RWOL thing. Before the migration of the RWOL peeps we usually did a monthly thread. Since there are a few more people hanging out in here we switched it to weekly.

Purdey

Self anointed title

Oh ok.  Got it.

This week I am trying to get back to some form of running fitness after 18 months off.

I am mostly running trails.

On Saturday I will be running 45 mi of trails.

Life is good.

Birdwell

Looking to end up around 30 this week. I am on call at work this weekend, so it puts a damper In any planned trail runs this weekend. If luck holds out though, I'll get in a 12 miler on some single track Saturday morning.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Oh ok.  Got it.

This week I am trying to get back to some form of running fitness after 18 months off.

I am mostly running trails.

On Saturday I will be running 45 mi of trails.

Life is good.

45 miles on Saturday- I wish I was that out of shape! Big grin

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

45 miles on Saturday- I wish I was that out of shape! Big grin

Heh, was just thinking that too.

Sadly, trails don't work for me on weekdays since I don't have time to drive anywhere and it's so dark I would break an ankle anyway.  Am trying to run trails at least one day per weekend.  Safe to say that one day will not be 45 miles.  Big grin

4/14/24 Napa Valley 50k, Calistoga, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Purdey

Self anointed title

I should have said "attempting to run 45 miles".

I am (very) out of shape.  This will be interesting.

under a rock

Good luck! I've never even attempted a 45 mile week. Thinking of a 45 mile day makes my whole body hurt. Maybe one day it will seem feasible, sigh.

Yesterday I decided to do some exploring during my trail run in hopes to discover a less technical run without having to hit the roads. At a mile into the run I decided to check out a dirt maintenance road that intersects with the trail I was on. Turned out to be a great find. It had gentle hills and was about 2 miles long. I took a left at another maintenance road intersection towards the end and ran into the loop trail that I run sections of regularly and realized I can combine the maintenance trail with the loop trail and the trail I started on to make an 8-9 mile loop. I've always done out and backs for mid distance runs since the only loop between these two parks that I run in is a 16 mi loop. Glad I did some exploring!

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

always fun to discover new trails! Smile  I'll purposely veer off course following some faint trail or ridge line withe the hope that I can create a larger or new loop- sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, but I know if I don't do a little exploring I won't find any new routes

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

I'm doing about 12 or 13 trail miles this Saturday. High of 58 degrees which is insane.   I'll probably end up at around 33 miles for the week

Wandering Wally

We are experiencing the January thaw this week as well.  I am hoping it melts enough snow to re-open the trails to me.  That would be pretty awesome to get back out into the woods and off my urban trails.

Run!  Just Run!

Trail Runner Nation Podcast

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

Still nursing my foot, but I've been and will continue to run my GF's couch to 5k ish training plan I put together for her.  The 1 and 2 milers have been pretty much pain free.  I'm still hesitant to start back up with my own training plans.  Next week for sure though.

**Ask me about streaking**

Purdey

Self anointed title

Done. Hard work today.