Trail Runners

Neo Trail Runners Extreme Team-December (Read 462 times)

Ultrachick

Well so much for our snow as it was 50 here yesterday. Never did get out for a run-yes guys, I didn't run yesterday. I taught adults how to ski instead and when I got home the boys were going crazy, I was hungry and couldn't figure out how to deal with it all. I should have gone out but too late now. I've got 4 miles done on the dreadmill so far today. It's 25 out with a northwest wind which isn't that tough especially since the sun is out until the winter advisory goes into effect tonight with more snow coming. I've got ski school tomorrow too-the drive could be slow going. Cool picture Chris-I've looked like that a few times. And nice comeback Greg about being born barefoot! I don't always have the nerve or the forethought to answer people like that. Have a great day!
    If you never go fast, you'll never go fast.
      Very interesting. Thanks for the info. How's the weather these days?? Big grin

Leslie
      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

dork.major dork.

I'm looking to you for the classic blend of kick-in-the-pants, inspiration, and compassion. I really want to hit 1,000 miles this year. To do that I need to run 69.5 miles before New Year's and my family wants me to celebrate Christmas this year, as well... Hence the large gap in the second week. Below is a grid that I hope will show up on your screens with my "plan". All easy runs. I'll deal with tempos and things in the New Year -- when I can make some new goals. Thoughts? M T W R F S S WT 6 5.2 0 7.5 6 12 3 39.7 6 7.5 12 0 0 5 30.5 12 MTA: the grid is a little hard to read... week ending 12/21: 39.7 week ending 12/28: 30.5 (very frontloaded because of family stuff) new year's week: 12

Reaching 1,243 in 2008 -- one day, one week, one mile at a time.

Kitrin

Me, the Barbie version

Just checking in. No running for various reasons/excuses and I am beginning to think about surrendering until the New Year. I admit a little frustration with my lack of resolve here. Way to go all of you running in cold weather and rain and such. I guess I am not THAT extreme. Maybe I don't belong here. I drove home from Houston on Sunday, but I am flying back today. Back home again on Thursday and then on to Oklahoma on Friday. Won't be home for a week. Feeling like a trucker or something. I won't be a stranger, but I probably will not have much running to report. Kitrin
            M T W R F S S WT 6 5.2 0 7.5 6 12 3 39.7 6 7.5 12 0 0 5 30.5 12
            Good luck, Imogene! I have every confidence you can do it. (And just think - putting in all those miles, you can eat more Christmas goodies!)

Leslie
            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

dork.major dork.

(And just think - putting in all those miles, you can eat more Christmas goodies!)
              Don't think that hasn't occurred to me. Wink Blush

Hi, Kelly - Didn't mean to ignore you earlier. We musta been posting at the same time. Good luck with the weather! When I see what you and a lot of the rest of the country are going through, I realize what we're going through tain't nothin'.

Leslie
                -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

Ultrachick

No worries Leslie. Got my run in. Was tricky in some spots with the ice but cool to check out the animal tracks and see what was cruising through. Imogene-looks like you have a plan now stick to it! You put it in writing and posted it for all of us to see. With the holidays start thinking ahead about where you're going to run and when. Go to some mapping web site to plan some routes ahead of time and don't let family get in the way of you reaching your goal and taking care of yourself. I'm totally generalizing here and I obviously don't know your family but I bet some will be envious of your motivation to run now instead of waiting for resolution time. And don't be eating extra holiday goodies-you may not be burning as many calories as you think when you run easy! Leslie-this goes for you too! Big grin I'm not going to be the only one trying to be good here-isn't it remeasurement time Leslie? Wink
                  If you never go fast, you'll never go fast.
                  Carl A

It's terrible out today here in northeast Pennsylvania: perfect for running. For some reason, I often find it easier to go out in rough weather. Although the everyday routine sometimes gets to me, going out in a storm is pretty much guaranteed to be an adventure!

Speed my steps along your path, according to your will.

. . . isn't it remeasurement time Leslie? Wink
                      Unfortunately, yes. Fortunately, I don't have a measuring tape at home! Big grin . . . . oh, alright. I'll pick one up tonight. I'm back down to 143 this a.m. Nobody at my office brings in crap food (there's only 4 of us), and no one has "gifted" us any candy or anything, so that's helpful. Don't understand the continuous fluctuation of 5 lbs. in weight. I really am being good, with the exception of the berry pie over Thanksgiving, and I generally don't eat after 7:00 p.m. Dunno . . . I should probably start logging my food intake. Ugh! Weight Watchers all over again!

Leslie
                      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

Kitrin

Me, the Barbie version

Hello All, I ran for an hour on the treadmill here at the hotel. I set the incline on "Random" and the pace at 15:00 mile, expecting a fairly easy run. However, at one difficult point I glanced at the incline and it read 4.8. YIKES! Shocked After that, I paid a little more attention to the incline changes and came to the conclusion that treadmills are evil. I am very sweaty. Kelly and Leslie, way to keep motivated on weight loss. I lost a pound two weeks in a row, but gained one back last week. I really want to lose 10 measly pounds. Why is it so difficult? Grrr. Dan, Chris, Kelly, and all you other hard core, running in ugly weather types, thank you for the inspiration. Great pic Chris. I remember seeing soldiers who looked like that after PT in upstate NY. Wild stuff. I am working on my final exam the rest of the week, but I hope to find my running resolve again. I will keep you posted. Kitrin
                          Heard this on the radio from Dr. Dean Adele re red eye when taking pictures: Child - If one eye is red and the other is white, the child needs to be taken to the doctor immediately. There is a high probability that he/she has a rare tumor that, if caught earlier enough, there is a good chance he/she will survive. Adult - If one eye is red and the other is black a. The black eye can be slightly crossed b. The person is diabetic and has a lot of blood flowing through there c. There is a bad cataract d. Can’t remember the 4th thing. However, unless the eye is crossed, it is doubtful the person has vision in that eye.

Leslie
                          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

dork.major dork.

7.5 this morning. I think that ice and snow makes everything a trail run Wink. Especially when it's both, and especially when people don't shovel or ice the sidewalks. Today was the beginning of the intense week before I go home for Christmas. I can run while I'm up in VT, my family doesn't get it, but they are fairly supportive. My BF on the other hand, who isn't really that active, will send me out the door if I'm dragging my feet, and will rearrange our whole day so I can fit something in, have a mentioned that he rocks Blush ? But my family Christmas is really compressed this year, and I just want to savor time with them and not have to worry about mileage while I'm up there.

Been doing Crossfit lately. Other passions have gripped me. Ran the 5 Monday, Tuesday and yesterday were weight workouts, though yesterday I ran fast 1/4 miles followed by pullups and hyperextensions for low back. 20 intense minutes. Cool

"Run slowly, run daily, drink in moderation, and don't eat like a pig" Dr. Ernst Van Aaken. Sorry ultrasteve.

Kitrin

Me, the Barbie version

Oh, how the plans change! I expected to drive home with my husband today, but his boss denied his request for time off at the last minute. So . . . I came home alone. However, our exchange student goes on break tomorrow after school. I am going to pack up the cats and head to Houston for two weeks! My poor kitties spend more time on the road than most people. I look forward to TWO WHOLE WEEKS with my hubby and running trails in Houston! Greg, I looked into Crossfit and I am intrigued, not sure if it is for me or not. Let us know how it goes. Oh, and I have not forgotten about the faith email I promised. Happy Holidays to everyone! Kitrin