Trail Runners

Neo Trail Runners Extreme Team-December (Read 462 times)

Kitrin - Even if it's a slow jog, your legs are working different muscles compared to walking. I'm glad you made the right choices and got outside and moved instead of eating and crying. Made ya feel a whole lot better, huh? Wink 30 min stationary bike (boooorrrring!) and 1 hr core/strength. I need a TV in my workout room. Something I'll have to work on with the Hub . . . .

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Let's try this:

"Run slowly, run daily, drink in moderation, and don't eat like a pig" Dr. Ernst Van Aaken. Sorry ultrasteve.

What? Moved or deleted?

"Run slowly, run daily, drink in moderation, and don't eat like a pig" Dr. Ernst Van Aaken. Sorry ultrasteve.

Once more:

I give up. AngryPhotobucket Yeah! I had to use the html format and not use the mountain picture above, just copy and paste. Anyway, this is my family and me in the woods yesterday.

Ultrachick

Fabulous looking family Greg! Tired from skiing and running today and have to do it again tomorrow. Will catch up more later. Kelly
              If you never go fast, you'll never go fast.
                Tough life you got there. Evil grin

Great picture, Greg! And it's nice to finally put a face to your posts. Smile My 5 miles with hill repeats collapsed into 3 miles with a very sore right ankle and knee. I think it's my shoes. They have 460+ miles on them. If I get out of here early today, my first stop will be the Jogg 'n Shoppe for a new pair. I've been having a health issue - sounding more and more like my gall bladder - and I just feel pretty much like crappola today. I put off a CT scan until after the 1st so I can start eating into my huge ($5,000) deductible. Keep your fingers crossed nothing escalates in the meantime, 'cause I really, really don't want a full blown surgery. If it is my gall bladder and it doesn't completely go south on me, they can remove it with laproscopic (sp?) surgery and there's 2 weeks of down time. If it kicks the bucket before that, they have cut you open and you're down for the count for 8 weeks. Shocked

Leslie
                  -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

Damn!! Sorry to hear that. What's wrong? What are your symptoms? Are you sure? Second opinions?

Leslie, not the way you want to start the new year. I hope all goes well. Good Luck Greg, cute kids. Mine are in their 20s now and not as much fun as I'm sure yours are.
                      Only the lead dog has a different view. My Blog http://breakhearttrailrunning.blogspot.com/
                        Damn!! Sorry to hear that. What's wrong? What are your symptoms? Are you sure? Second opinions?
                        I've had "stomach issues" for years. Had a peptic ulcer when I was a kid. The ulcer has been long gone, but I keep having problems. Even had that thing where they go down your throat and look into your stomach (nice drugs!!). Symptoms range anywhere from just nausea to pain - kinda like a knife in your gut - to pain and nausea at the same time. My doctors have always chalked it up to acid reflux and I've taken enough Pepcid AC, etc., to float a boat. Anyway, I was talking to my buddy, Karen (who's worked in medical offices for years), about it 'cause week before last I had a real bad incident. She says, "It sounds like your gall bladder to me." I looked up gall bladder symptoms on the Internet and Bingo! Pain, nausea, gas, bloating, burping, indigestion, constipation, headaches behind the eyes. I had never connected all these symptoms before, but they almost always come together, and have been fairly pronounced for the past two weeks. I called my nurse practitioner and asked if the gall bladder had ever been checked. She says, "Leslie, I'm embarrassed to say no, we've never check your gall bladder." So last Tuesday I went for an abdominal ultrasound (long story in and of itself) which didn't show gall stones but did show a "slight prominence in the hepatic duct," which goes from the liver to the gall bladder. Now I have to go for a CT scan to see what's up with that. It's my understanding that it could be "sludge" from the gall bladder backing up into the liver, but none of this can be confirmed without all these tests, and I can't get an appointment with the internist 'til they're completed because he would just turn around and order them himself. And if you're not careful, it could evolve into pancreatitis. Ick! So I have to watch what I eat and am trying to eliminate as much fat as possible. The thing that kicked this all into action was a fantabulous bowl of clam chowder and a few drinks a week and a half ago before a concert. The next day - ugh! I was thisclose to going to the ER. And all that was probably WAY more than you wanted to know! Big grin

Leslie
                        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

My father had pancreatitis. He was living with me at the time. He didn't know it till he went out one night to Outback. He came back and went to bed, only to wake up and rush to the bathroom, puking all over my walls. I helped him clean up. He said he would get waves of cramping when it would hit, usually after eating too much fat. I don't know much about it really. He would pop a valium which seemed to help when it would hit. Sounds like you're on top of it. Hope it goes well. Hang in there.

waves of cramping when it would hit, usually after eating too much fat.
                            I find that Vicodin works miracles, as well. Big grin Thanks, Greg. Picked up the cra, um, stuff I'm suppose to drink Sunday night and Monday right before the scan. Yum! Looks tasty! Roll eyes

Leslie
                            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

Good luck Leslie! I hope it's either a)nothing major or b)easy to fix laproscopically (in that order). What a bummer way to start the new year. - Chris
                              Kitrin

Me, the Barbie version

Whoa! So much can happen in a couple days! Leslie, I am so sorry about your health problems. Here's hoping that you get it all out of the way right now (whatever is necessary) and have a fabulous 2009. Gall bladder trouble can be very painful and frustrating, so you have all my greatest sympathies. There is never a good time to struggle with your health, but at least it is during a relative "down time" for the sport of running. Knowing your determination, I expect you will be in fine form in time for whatever races you want to run in the coming year. Greg, persistence always wins out, so I knew you would win the image posting battle. That is a great picture and you have a beautiful family. Blessings to all of you in 2009. Kelly, enjoy the good times. Many people would envy what you have. I don't ski, but even I am a little jealous. Dan, great to hear from you! If your kids are in your 20s, that means that you will be getting smarter and smarter (in their eyes) with each year. I hope that makes you smile. Happy New Year! Chris, thanks for being here. I always enjoy what you write and LOVE your pictures. I look forward to learning more from you in the coming year. What is up with me? My husband and I rarely stay up for the New Year. However, I am "thinking" about a midnight run to "run in the New Year." I could stay up for that. Tomorrow is an admission free day at the Houston Zoo, so we will take advantage of that but we do not have other plans. I still plan to run the Cross Timbers half marathon in February, so I will need to get my running legs back in shape. I think I need to rebuild after my last two months of inconsistency. I better find my self-discipline again. I will be back, with many training questions for sure in 2009. Cheers! Kitrin