Trail Runners

Trail races we (as a collective group) have done, or even DNF'd....a list (Read 467 times)

Into the wild

My pleasure. I love to see others images too. Congrats on your first 'proper' run Wink

Shut up and run

KathyW

None yet, but I want to do this one: http://www.envirosports.com/events/event.php?eventid=2324 Well, at least the Half Marathon part of it, so I better get working on those hills.

Imminent Catastrophe

...More well known runs: Bighorn Trail Run 18 miler twice, 50K once Antelope Island 25k once, 50K once Uncle Joe 50K Elkhorn 50K There are getting to be more and more shorter distance trail runs in Montana--Thats good!

Elkhorn--how was that? I'm thinking about that for next summer.I've really been doing road running this year but want to get back to the trails next year.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Since my OP, I can add:

Grand Teton Trail Marathon (WY) 2008 

Goblin Valley 50K (UT) 2008

Grand Island Trail Marathon (MI), 2009

Next up: A 50k in ? Done: California-Oregon-Arizona-Nevada (x2)-Wisconsin-Wyoming-Utah-Michigan-Colorado

Let's see . . . .

Forest Park 50k (Portland, OR) - First ultra.  DFL, but I finished!

Siskiyou Out Back (SOB) 50k (Ashland, OR) - DNF

Susanville Rails to Trails Marathon (Susanville, CA) - Finished, but had terrible hip flexor problems

Desert High 30k (Ridgecrest, CA) - Loved this run.  Beautiful.

Redwood Park 30k (Oakland, CA) - Loved this run, last 6 miles are brutal

Siskiyou Out Back (Ashland, OR) - Totally kicked a$$ (well, for me) on this. (See avatar)

Coming Up

Big Sur Trail Marathon (Big Sur, CA) - 09/26

Desert High 50k (Ridgecrest, CA) - 12/06

Leslie
            Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Florida

Stinson Beach Marathon (CA) - Start on the beach and climb up the side of Mt Tamalpais and into Muir Woods.

Jay Mountain "Half" Marathon (19-mi) (VT) - One of the "Ultimate XC" races.  Creek running 101.

Black Mountain Marathon (NC) - Great course and finisher's supper.

Jay Mountain "Marathon" (34-mi) (VT) - DNF at the Half.

Moose Mountain Marathon (MN) - Along the Superior Trail.  Beautiful.

Ultmate XC Moab 50K (UT) - Slick rock and cactus.  Awesome.  Great hiking the next day in Nat'l Parks.

Twisted Ankle Trail Marathon (Georgia, May 2009)

Chattooga River 50K (South Carolina, June 2009)