Trail Runners

Neo Trail Runners Extreme Team-SEPTEMBER (Read 447 times)

Good to hear everyone was able to get on and run on some level. Buddo, 4am?? Yikes! Got to give you the early bird award for sure. Kitrin, just keep listening to your body and you will be fine. Leslie, nice run out there. I know what you mean about the dead legs. I'm having the same problem on most of my longer runs. I managed to get in 22.5 today. I never intended to go that far but I met up with 2 different groups of runners while I was out and ended up doing too much. The cooler temps we had today also helped a lot. My legs are trashed tonight though. Oh well, back to work tomorrow. Sad
    Only the lead dog has a different view. My Blog http://breakhearttrailrunning.blogspot.com/
      Nice run, Guy! Looks like Kelly placed 3rd overall in her first 100-mile trail run. There's only one Kelly listed, so I am assuming it's her. Way to go, girlfriend! She is such a strong runner!

Leslie
      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Ultrachick

Thank you! I did place 3rd overall and won the womens race! My time was 24:38 which I'm happy with. My right IT band tightened up on me for the last 13 miles which really slowed me down-especially when Jack made me stop to eat at the aid stations then I would start to cool down and it would take me a while to get going again. All in all it was a good experience-except for the fact that I can't walk now. No kidding-I used the handicap bathroom at a rest area on the way home because it had the bars on the side and the toilet was higher off of the floor. I only got a couple blisters but my feet are very sensittive right noI'll tell. I'll tell you more later and thanks for your support! Need sleep.... Kelly
        If you never go fast, you'll never go fast.
          . . . I used the handicap bathroom at a rest area on the way home because it had the bars on the side and the toilet was higher off of the floor. . . . Need sleep....
          Woos. Wink Big grin

Leslie
          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

Kitrin

Me, the Barbie version

!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WAY TO GO KELLY !!!!!!!!!!!!!! What an achievement to finish 3rd overall in your first 100! Shocked Congratulations! Kitrin PS Don't forget to give us a race report. I love reading about other people's misery. Wink
              Wow, I didn't know Kelly was so hard core! Great job Kelly. I will have to pick her brain for advice, fee coaching. Wink

"Run slowly, run daily, drink in moderation, and don't eat like a pig" Dr. Ernst Van Aaken. Sorry ultrasteve.

Wow!! Awesome job Kelly, that's incredible!! Did a 50 miler in Moab on Saturday. Absolutely beautiful course, probably my favorite course behind Hardrock. If anyone is in Utah in late Sept, put it on the to-do list! - Chris
                  Kelly Amazing race! You are reaping the rewards of all your hard training. Enjoy your sleep. Dan
                  Only the lead dog has a different view. My Blog http://breakhearttrailrunning.blogspot.com/

Ultrachick

Sleep would be a wonderful thing. I woke up Sunday night with the sweats-totally soaked. Couldn't find a comfortable position, nose got all stuffed up. Woke up Jack and had him get me some water so my feet wouldn't have to hit the floor or me try to stand. The boys spent the night with their Dad so I at least didn't have to get up and do the bus thing. Last night was a bit better but tossed and turned worrying about the Bootcamp class I'm starting at 6am this morning. Legs/feet still uncomfortable-not quite functioning and I'm teaching Bootcamp! The alarm didn't go off, luckily I woke up on time worrying. Tried to take a little nap-reading about human cells will do that to you but no go. So yeah-I'm ready for a good night's rest! Thanks for your support and feel free to pick my brain for free anytime. Kelly I'll try to get a race report done soon. Anyone going to VT50 this weekend?
                    If you never go fast, you'll never go fast.
                      Legs/feet still uncomfortable-not quite functioning and I'm teaching Bootcamp!
                      Okay, I back off the hero worship thing and think you're just plain nuts at this point. Wink Good luck with Boot Camp. Just remember, you're the teacher, so you don't necessarily have to do anything. Big grin

Leslie
                      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

Carl A

Great job, Kelly. Congratulations on a successful race! I hear you on the recovery. Hope everything's feeling somewhat better now; I'm very happy that today I can wear shoes (instead of the slipper moccassins I'd been getting around in), and am pretty much up to full walking speed!

Speed my steps along your path, according to your will.

dork.major dork.

Awesome job, Kelly! That rocks!

Reaching 1,243 in 2008 -- one day, one week, one mile at a time.

Carl - Did you do the same run? How'd it go? Glad to hear you can walk again. Smile

Leslie
                            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

Kitrin

Me, the Barbie version

Kelly really is hardcore. I thought about joining a bootcamp and decided that training for my little half marathon was enough, LOL! I agree with Leslie that Kelly is nuts. Wink It seems silly compared to all the accomplishments of the rest of you, but I ran for one hour, twenty minutes today! I finished strong, with a sprint at the end, and my knee is fine. Okay, the trail is downhill at the end, but having the energy to sprint has to be a good sign. My funky toe went a little numb, but no blisters either! I have no idea how far I ran. I run loop-de-loops on a very small trail system in a local park and I did not want to run the same thing over and over and get bored. Right now, I am not so concerned about distance. If I keep increasing the time, the distance HAS to follow, right? Thank you all SO MUCH for your support and advice. I am beginning to truly believe I can do this! Kitrin
                              Carl A

I am beginning to truly believe I can do this!
                                Good job on the park run! I agree that with trail running, time spent at effort seems to be as important as distance.
                                Carl - Did you do the same run? How'd it go? Glad to hear you can walk again. Smile
                                I ran my first 100 in Delaware last weekend. It was a blast! I posted a report out on the Racing section of the main page.

Speed my steps along your path, according to your will.