Trail Runners

Welcome to the RW Refugees- Let's Introduce Ourselves (Read 676 times)

Shakedown Street

One word: Bandera.

REALLY WANT...and the family has a house nearby...but I am stuck with 2 employees having babies induced on Dec 31...so I have to double time at the office....

2014. Yep.

Started-5/12, RWOL refugee,5k-24:23 (1/12/13),10K-55:37(9/15/12),HM-1:52:59(3/24/13)

sugnim

Howdy.  I'm Misty & I live in Missoula, MT.  I'm one of those imports from that other website.  

I'm not necessarily a trail runner, but I live in an area where it's easy to incorporate trail running into almost every run for at least a few miles, if not the entire run.  From my home, I can access flat trails along a river, rolling, grassy hill trails, and steep, rocky mountain trails.  My 1st half was a trail run in the mountains called the Pengelly Double Dip, and I finished dead last.  I'd like to get better at trail running, and specifically mountain running, but now that we are approaching winter, I'm not really sure what to do.  Nice to meet you all.

Chasing the bus

John. Wanna be trailer. My back yard is an amazing playground, but I don't get there often enough. That needs to change. My favorite run of all time was the 6 mi. I did back Eagle River Valley this summer.

I love winters in Alaska, but not for the trail running. I'll be base building this winter, waiting for breakup, and lurking.

“You're either on the bus or off the bus.”
        Tom Wolfe, The Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test

Imminent Catastrophe

Leslie (fatozzig) forgot to mention "podcast personality" in her resume. Be sure to check out the 3 Non-Joggers Podcast in her sig line. Anyway...

I'm Russ, been here a long time. I've run a bunch or 50k's, a few 50-milers, two 100k's and one 100-miler. All on trails, of course. I love running the trails, which doesn't mean that I'm good at it, I still haven't learned to pick up my feet and take a face-plant on a regular basis. I was just in to see the podiatrist today and he was trying to tell me how I ended up with those black toenails. I know, I know. 

Anyway, I live in North Georgia, near the Appalachian and Benton Mackaye trails. I know all about the Mystery Mountain Marathon since that's right in my backyard. I've also run Bandera and a few other trail ultras around the country and the world.

While Ultrarunning and Trail Running are somewhat interchangeable, I hope that the Trail Runner forum will find its niche as a daily/chat place with the recent infusion of RWOL members. 

I just got my December schedule and I'm in Portland, Oregon on the 29th. All day. I'm so excited, I get to run the Wildwood Trail, my favorite run in the whole world! 

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Uh oh... now what?

REALLY WANT...and the family has a house nearby...but I am stuck with 2 employees having babies induced on Dec 31...so I have to double time at the office....

2014. Yep.

Can you say "Cactus Rose"?  Same basic idea in October:  http://www.tejastrails.com/CactusRose.html

rgot

John M.

Uh oh... now what?

...I just got my December schedule and I'm in Portland, Oregon on the 29th. All day. I'm so excited, I get to run the Wildwood Trail, my favorite run in the whole world! 

Can't see Wildwood Trail without remembering Mudderfell 6-hour -- late January of each year (long ago).  Was one of only four or five ultras in Oregon then.

rgot

John M.

skeene07

Dirty Girl

HI!! Im back for the intro! Another RWOL transplant. I am more of a lurker then poster but whatever.

Another trailer from PA. We have alot of good trails here.

Married and just turned 40 today. Lucky enough to have a husband who loves the trails as much as I do.

Wanted to run my first 50M this year but injury nixed that.

Also started a new training plan this week in hopes of a 50M in the spring.

http://staceyrunsandeats.blogspot.com/

4/13 Bull Run Run 50 miler- DONE!

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

HI!! Im back for the intro! Another RWOL transplant. I am more of a lurker then poster but whatever.

Another trailer from PA. We have alot of good trails here.

Married and just turned 40 today. Lucky enough to have a husband who loves the trails as much as I do.

Wanted to run my first 50M this year but injury nixed that.

Also started a new training plan this week in hopes of a 50M in the spring.

First of all HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!

Secondly, you wanted to run your first 50 miler but forgot to mention you did run 45 miles in September.  (for the record)

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

wanderingoutlaw

Hello, everyone

I'm John.  Live in central SC.  I've been running for almost 7 years, last 3.5 years have been barefoot.  I started running some local trails about 3 years ago.  I don't get out on them as often as I like--running in general is less frequent since I went barefoot.  I've only raced 5k up to 12k on trails.  I'm currently training for a (road) marathon but using trails for most of my long runs.

John

skeene07

Dirty Girl

First of all HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!

Secondly, you wanted to run your first 50 miler but forgot to mention you did run 45 miles in September.  (for the record)

Haha. Thanks Jamie! Yes. I did run the 45 miler BUT that is not the 50 miler that I wanted for my birthday <stomping feet>!!!

http://staceyrunsandeats.blogspot.com/

4/13 Bull Run Run 50 miler- DONE!

Imminent Catastrophe

wanderingoutlaw, I just have one piece of advice: Don't let that cat in your avatar drive the car. It will not end well. 

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Ostrich runner

Nice to see actual posting in here again. 

I'm beef, I like meat and trails.

My first love was backpacking, but I found myself running around trails once I was done hiking. I was surprised to find out at some point along the way that there were other people who ran on trails and that they even have races. 

I live in Indianapolis. I'm originally from here, but spent most of my adult life living other places...mostly North Carolina. I've worked summers in the Costa Rica, the New Mexico mountains and the Black Hills, and lived in Scotland for a couple years. I did a fair amount of running in all of those places, but not much racing. So far I've done maybe 8 or 10 trail half marathons, 2 50ks, an 8 hour race, and have my 4th trail marathon on Saturday. 

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Indy/forum

RabbitChaser

Hi folks! I'm a fellow RWOL refugee, but never posted too frequently over there.

I'm Eric, aka RabbitChaser, aka Crazy Snake Guy. I live in Parkville, Mo and am a member of the Trail Nerds, a KC based trail running group. I recently turned 40 and have been running since February 2008, but didn't get introduced to trails until 2010. I was slated to run my first 50K in February of next year, but will be sidelined for at least 8 weeks due to my upcoming shoulder surgery to repair 2 rotator cuff tendons. Needless to say, the time off is going to suck, but I'll use it to get over any little nagging injuries and come back stronger. My last trail run for a while will be the Alternate Chili Run on the trails around Wyandotte County Lake in KC, KS.

I look forward to getting to know everyone.

Eric

MorganaRuns

Slower than you

Hi folks! I'm a fellow RWOL refugee, but never posted too frequently over there.

I'm Eric, aka RabbitChaser, aka Crazy Snake Guy. I live in Parkville, Mo and am a member of the Trail Nerds, a KC based trail running group. I recently turned 40 and have been running since February 2008, but didn't get introduced to trails until 2010. I was slated to run my first 50K in February of next year, but will be sidelined for at least 8 weeks due to my upcoming shoulder surgery to repair 2 rotator cuff tendons. Needless to say, the time off is going to suck, but I'll use it to get over any little nagging injuries and come back stronger. My last trail run for a while will be the Alternate Chili Run on the trails around Wyandotte County Lake in KC, KS.

I look forward to getting to know everyone.

Eric

I used to live in Lawrence, KS and was a Trail Nerd! My last Trail Nerd race was the Psycho Psummer 10-mile race at Wyandotte County Lake in July. That was brutal. My first trail marathon was going to be the Free State Trail race at Clinton Lake in Lawrence, but I got an injury and was sidelined. So, I volunteered instead.

It's nice to see a fellow Trail Nerd here!

"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man" - The Dude

Upcoming races: AthHalf: 10/20

Hobby Jogger

Hi all!  I'm Matt and I live in Saratoga Springs, NY (almost exactly halfway between NYC and Montreal).  I ran cross country in high school, but I am new to grown-up trail running.  I tried a couple of races this year and got hooked.  I am registered for the Land Between the Lakes 60K next March, which will be my first attempt at an ultra.  I've never even done a marathon, so I am a bit nervous at the idea.  Mandy thinks she can make me finish.  We'll see  Joking

5/4/19 - Twilight Zone 24 Hour