Trail Runners

Welcome to the RW Refugees- Let's Introduce Ourselves (Read 676 times)

RabbitChaser

I used to live in Lawrence, KS and was a Trail Nerd! My last Trail Nerd race was the Psycho Psummer 10-mile race at Wyandotte County Lake in July. That was brutal. My first trail marathon was going to be the Free State Trail race at Clinton Lake in Lawrence, but I got an injury and was sidelined. So, I volunteered instead.

It's nice to see a fellow Trail Nerd here!

I think we might have actually met, but not at a trail race. It would have been the KC Zoo Run for the Frogs in 2008. I ran the 10 mile race at WyCo this past July, but the heat killed my time.

MorganaRuns

Slower than you

I think we might have actually met, but not at a trail race. It would have been the KC Zoo Run for the Frogs in 2008. I ran the 10 mile race at WyCo this past July, but the heat killed my time.

Yes! I remember meeting you! What was your RW username back then? That was my first race after bruising my patella in a non-running related fall on a sidewalk.

Yeah, PsychoPsummer kicked my ass. I was dripping by mile 5 and there were a few heat exhaustion related DNFs. Toward the end I came upon a runner who was lying down in the shade at the side of the path. I helped him out, but luckily he some other runners came upon him earlier and notified aid workers. It was definitely brutal.

"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man" - The Dude

Upcoming races: AthHalf: 10/20

locomote

Hey all.  I’m Mark.  Also in NorCal but live in the valley.  Started running 5 years ago after losing some weight and wanting to keep it off. 

First trail running experience was as a pacer for some folks from a local running club doing AR50.  Decided right away that I would love to give it go some day.  I ran a few 50Ks but traveling for work has kept me off the trails for a while.  

Now that’s over and I have plans for 50Ks in the next few months. Big grin

xor

I'm a Trail Nerd too even though I live in Seattle.

AutBatgirl

Howdy, all! I'm Kris and I recently moved to northern Colorado. I'm really excited to be able to run a lot more trails. Right now, I'm adjusting to having an actual winter, but hopefully I'll get the hang of it soon.

No act of kindness, however small, is ever wasted.

MorganaRuns

Slower than you

Are you just a trail nerd, because you're like all the rest of us or are you a Trail Nerd, because you have run in one or more of Bad Ben's Trail Nerd races in the greater Kansas City area?

Don't let him fool you, he's just a nerd. Wink

Leslie
                Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

BenTN

Hi, I'm Ben. Started running 5 years ago when I lived in East TN and had a city park a mile from the house with over 20 miles of excellent single track. Moved to West TN and it's an hour and a half drive each way to the nearest trail (LBL).

I'm making an effort to run more trails so I'm doing more races. So far this Fall I've run GA Jewel 35M 9/22, Cumberland Trail 50K 10/13 and Flying Monkey Marathon 11/18 (road but they have big hills). I'm registered for Lookout Mountain 50M (12/15), Mountain Mist 50K 1/26, Black Warrior 50K 2/16 and LBL 50M 3/09.

MorganaRuns

Slower than you

Don't let him fool you, he's just a nerd. Wink

Yeah, he tried to fool me by capitalizing Trail Nerd, but I've seen his posts. He could just be a nerd. Smile 

XtremeTaper

Hello.. my name is XtremeTaper. I live and run mostly in Southeast PA outside of Philly in the northern Montgomery/Berks County area. I've been running for close to 2 decades now I suppose. I've always run trails but my early racing life I focused on road marathons. Never went sub3 but came close once. Decided that was way too much work and not so fun so switched to running mostly ultras.

My favorite race is the the Laurel Highlands Ultra (70 miles) in Western PA. I've done a few 100's, but have been on/off the injury wagon for a few years and have been unable to get in shape to take another crack at that distance. LOL, it's the one place where I still have a great chance of new PR's!

I run a lot with my dogs who I refer to as the leashless beasts, LadyB and SirB. They are excellent trail companions. 

LadyB and SirB

In dog beers, I've only had one.

tom1961

Old , Ugly and slow

51 married with 2 kids 19 and 23. Runner on and off since 77. Just went trail this year.. Last few years very low Miles

in 2013 would like to get to 30 -40 mpw. Hurt knee off for a few weeks

Exteme is that a springer spaniel. We just got a springer puppy 2 months ago. We have had several before

first race sept 1977 last race sept 2007

2019  goals   1000  miles  , 190 pounds , deadlift 400 touch my toes

Occasional Runner

WORD! He's a NERD! But he's a pretty "OK" guy and has some legit running cred. Which is like saying Superman can fly a little. Stevie is a beast and can do what most of us only wish we could do. And he's modest, hence my need to brag for him. 

And you're no slouch yourself, lace_up (insert devil horn hand signal emoticon -- one of the few things I miss from RWOL).

Trail Dog

Hi, I'm Ben. Started running 5 years ago when I lived in East TN and had a city park a mile from the house with over 20 miles of excellent single track. Moved to West TN and it's an hour and a half drive each way to the nearest trail (LBL).

I'm making an effort to run more trails so I'm doing more races. So far this Fall I've run GA Jewel 35M 9/22, Cumberland Trail 50K 10/13 and Flying Monkey Marathon 11/18 (road but they have big hills). I'm registered for Lookout Mountain 50M (12/15), Mountain Mist 50K 1/26, Black Warrior 50K 2/16 and LBL 50M 3/09.

Yay, it's Ben! You will love Mist, I ran it last year. Sorry I missed you at the Jewel but my Atlanta travel schedule got shifted around a bit (I was there the following weekend...).

Trail Dog

It's so great to see so many familiar faces from RW! I'm Amanda. I lived in Atlanta for the last 8 years, but moved to Chicago a few months ago. I am still adjusting to the new running terrain - besides running more road, the trails are flatter and much less technical than I was accustomed to in Atlanta. Roxie (from my username)is my dog - she doesn't run with me as much as she used to, but I take her for a few short runs per week. I've run a handful of ultras and a few marathons.

On my immediate schedule are the Tecumseh Trail Marathon (this weekend), Frozen Gnome 50k (January), and a few fat asses and shorter events (road and trail) thrown in for good measure. I'd like to tackle a 50 miler this year - so far my longest distance has been 40 miles, and 43 miles in two separate timed events. Potential 50 milers are Ice Age, Marquette, Minnesota Voyageur, and Mt. Hood.