Trail Runners

Welcome to the RW Refugees- Let's Introduce Ourselves (Read 676 times)

xor

I don't even know.  I created the other group right at the beginning of the RWOL exodus before I even knew what user groups really were here.  Then we had a big thread over in the other group trying to figure out whether we should keep the group or all just take our muddy shoes and camp out here.  Some RAers told to stay, others told us to bring our toys over here to play.  So here we sit with two groups, which I admit seems kind of silly to me.  Although there are a million other user groups, so maybe two trail groups isn't a big deal?  I guess I was just so used to our little home at RWOL...we didn't get much traffic outside of our regulars. 

:-)

My vote is one group.  But I really don't care that much.   Interestingly, the voting might slant differently here than there, but voting is overrated anyway.  Unless you just want the same group of 10 people talking to each other (which is fine), combining the two not-busy groups might be cool.

And, as with RWOL, we have an ultra group here.  Ours is more active, though not super duper active, with some great runners.  I get the difference between "trail" and "ultra", but for overlapping topics like western states, definitely poke in there.

SRL -- do you know if it's possible to move all the threads from Trailer Trash to here?  I'm assuming Eric would need to do that, but let us know. 

Trail Dog

Interesting. I never posted or really even lurked on the RWOL trail forum, and am a new member to RA. But as a complete outsider, it seems kind of silly to have two separate groups when both have a sizable number of members (TT 100+, TF 200+) who post on a daily basis. It seems the new group would defer to the existing group and assimilate. But, this is just my view of an outsider . Smile FWIW, I'm also checking in and posting on the Ultra group. And a few others. Smile

Uh oh... now what?

Since there are only ten of us (Trailer Trash) and we aren't busy, assimilation should be a trivial sort of task, eh?

dpc3

Since there are only ten of us (Trailer Trash) and we aren't busy, assimilation should be a trivial sort of task, eh?

John they surely are talking about another group because I just counted 22 folks in the daily thread alone. Now granted I am not-busy so I had time to spend counting each individual in that thread.

Wandering Wally

At some point merging is probably a good idea.  I'm indifferent though.  If there are two groups, I will participate in both.  If there's one that's good too.

Run!  Just Run!

Trail Runner Nation Podcast

tri10806

Hey guys! Happy Tuesday from Florida.

I didn't post a lot on RWOL, but finally stumbled in and found the groups here. Thanks for setting them up.

Hey Trail Dog! Are you coming down for Mtn Mist or Cheaha?

HappyFeat

If you're counting votes - mine is for combining the two groups and merging TT into this one. (Sorry - not a fan of the "TT" name.)  It does seem though like a lot of the newcomers are really ultrarunners talking about ultra races and there's a different group for that.  I'm just an ordinary newbie trail runner interested in hearing about the basic trail running experiences people have.

Don't make excuses for why you can't get it done. 

Focus on all the reasons why you must make it happen.

Trail Dog

Hey guys! Happy Tuesday from Florida.

I didn't post a lot on RWOL, but finally stumbled in and found the groups here. Thanks for setting them up.

Hey Trail Dog! Are you coming down for Mtn Mist or Cheaha?

Hey, I know you, for real not just on the internet. Smile Not coming for Mist, but I may come down for Cheaha if the work schedule lines up. My job is still in Atlanta, and I fly down from Chicago every 6-8 weeks.

xor

Apologies for writing the number 10.  It wasn't really the point, but it pissed you off, and for that I am really REALLY sorry.

Really really.

Now can you please relax your defensive posture?  Please?

The thing you jumped on was just as much about the idea that THIS group was not busy up until a week ago either.  In comes RWOL through the front door, screaming and hollering, immediately says "fuck this", and sets up a thing next door.   To do the exact same thing.

Friendliness goes both ways.

I can post in both.  Or neither, I guess.  If my posts are going to be interpreted as a punch in the face... or if I'm going to get punched in the face for posting, then that's always fun.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

The thing you jumped on was just as much about the idea that THIS group was not busy up until a week ago either.  In comes RWOL through the front door, screaming and hollering, immediately says "fuck this", and sets up a thing next door.   To do the exact same thing.

That was really, really, REALLY not my intent when I set up the group.

Running is dumb.

xor

I get that.  Apologies for my tone.  My point is that this is kind of how it might have been interpreted by some.  So while I'm getting punched by John for being apparently unwelcoming (which he interpreted apparently as a punch), some of the welcome wagon is puzzled.

The reality is that we have two happy (except for a couple of us) groups talking and slowly cross pollinating.  And organically, goodness will result.  But there's an elephant in the room and we... everyone... is just going to have to accept hearing about said elephant from time to time.  And I guarantee you that new folks are going to be puzzled as heck.

Weegee

Apologies for writing the number 10.  It wasn't really the point, but it pissed you off, and for that I am really REALLY sorry.

Really really.

Now can you please relax your defensive posture?  Please?

Friendliness goes both ways.

I can post in both.  Or neither, I guess.  If my posts are going to be interpreted as a punch in the face... or if I'm going to get punched in the face for posting, then that's always fun.

Anyone who punches Señor Lopez in the face has to punch me as well.

But I don't think that was the intent.  Actually I think the "Trailer Trash" group was set up so that the RWOLers in transition wouldn't harsh the buzz that was going on in the Trail Forum by bringing in their baggage, inside jokes and bad orthographic habits.

Bringing the two groups together would be great, but I do so very much love the term "Trailer Trash."  Heck, I'm eating crackers right now.

That was really, really, REALLY not my intent when I set up the group.

Exactly. None of us from RWOL wanted to barge into this group with our chatty blather.  We were hoping to not step on toes, but unfortunately it appears that's happened any way.

I'm sure it's all going to eventually work itself out.  I for one will post in both forums

xor

Exactly. None of us from RWOL wanted to barge into this group with our chatty blather.  We were hoping to not step on toes, but unfortunately it appears that's happened any way.

I'm sure it's all going to eventually work itself out.  I for one will post in both forums

No toes were stepped upon.  A natural question was asked, and because I had diarrhea of the mouth in verbalizing "reasons why having two groups makes sense", at least one of you felt stepped on (apologies) and then started reacting in kind.  Like partially quoting me out of context in the other group.

Backing up, when I said what I said, I totally couched it as "this is not a big deal".  And it, like, isn't.  It's just an oddity.