Trail Runners

Welcome to the RW Refugees- Let's Introduce Ourselves (Read 676 times)

Trail Dog

Sorry for bringing this up earlier today! I was on RWOL for years, not just the Trail Forum, so when I moved over here I was a little confused about the two trail forums. I just wasn't clear if each had a different scope or focus within our sport. I've been contributing to existing threads in both places, but when I have a new question or topic, wanted to make sure I put it in the right place. If it is ultra related, I know where to put it. Smile

toyger

Hello! I'm new to trails and RA, so I'm flexible with whatever works best for the masses.

Jen

Hi!  Not new to RA but in the spirit of group hugs, hands across America, We are the World, Band Aid, Farm Aid, super bowl half time shows, it's a small world after all, and other big acts of warm fuzzy togetherness, I thought I'd try joining a new group.   If SRL is here, it's a good group.  If John M. is here, it's a good group.  In fact, it's all good.  If I knew how to do a huggy emoticon, I'd plant a big fat one RIGHT HERE.  

So, me: another Northern Californian, residing a little south of San Francisco in Half Moon Bay.  

I like CTR.  Heard good things about ITR.  Mistrustful of PCTR.  Did my first trail races ever this year (HM, 20 miler, and first 50K) and started volunteering at races.  I've always run on pavement and roads (survived the CIM monsoon on Sunday, thanks very much!) but with all the great trails and trail races in the Bay Area, I want to get out on the dirt more.   Next trail race is Montara Mountain HM in February.  

Thanks, welcome, and all that.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

NorNev

Good morning

I am another RWOL transplant who live's in Nevada's Capital City which is less then 30 minutes from Lake Tahoe (heaven), I've run a sub 3 hr. Marathon and a sub 4:30 minute mile.

However I cannot do either anymore and have moved on up to trails as I did my first 50K in May and will do a few more this year. Moving on up was done for 2 reasons, RJR motivated me and I'm kind of getting sick of the Marathon crowd, I hate to be corraled, it bugs me to see people texting, tweeting and talking on cell phones while running, am not to hot on costumes...but whatever.  

So far I don't see much of this on trails...so I'm happy

I'm Cheryl from Seattle, WA.  I have to travel to get to any really good trails and this time of year I'm afraid of falling off the side and being lost forever amongst the trees below.  I love trails the most, they feel like home.  Thanks for welcoming us.

I may be slow but I never quit.

Good morning

I am another RWOL transplant who live's in Nevada's Capital City which is less then 30 minutes from Lake Tahoe (heaven), I've run a sub 3 hr. Marathon and a sub 4:30 minute mile.

However I cannot do either anymore and have moved on up to trails as I did my first 50K in May and will do a few more this year. Moving on up was done for 2 reasons, RJR motivated me and I'm kind of getting sick of the Marathon crowd, I hate to be corraled, it bugs me to see people texting, tweeting and talking on cell phones while running, am not to hot on costumes...but whatever.  

So far I don't see much of this on trails...so I'm happy

Damn hippy.

moonlightrunner

Hi, I am another rwol transplant.  I mostly lurk.  I live in SW Michigan and have run for many years.  I converted to trails when I was forty, and I am about to turn 55 (wow... never really calculated number of years! Wink.  I enjoy reading about everyone's escapades here.  I am on a hiatus from running right now. After my upcoming surgery (not running related) I hope to be back on the trail....hopefully on a moonlit trail this winter. Happy trails to all!

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k