Trail Runners

WELCOME! (Read 1060 times)

You'll ruin your knees!

(waving hi to my muddy new friends) I'm in the group but with zero trail miles because I have to stay off them for a while. Cry My plantar fasciitis just flared up (sob! on a trail run). It's back to the flats for a month or two for me. Angry I run in the South hills of Eugene, OR. uh, when I'm not injured. sigh.
    [wiping off fresh mud and waving back @ Renee] It is great to see fresh meat here! Love the mud, although it got ridiculous today (rained yesterday) when I had 10 lb of caked-on mud/grass/rocks on each foot! I guess I could log a strength training workout after that! Good to see you new guys/gals! Lynn B

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

Hi All! I love trail running, although I don't get to do it but once a week. Spent 3 hours in the redwoods this morning - rain, mud, climbing over downed trees - we had a blast! Thanks for the welcome. Cool

Leslie
      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Nothing

Hi Everyone! Thanks for welcome too. I only run on the roads when I can't get on the dirt like right now because they're all covered with snow! But running on the sides of the roads in the snow is like running in dirt. I ran 12m today on plowed dirt roads and I'm feeling it a bit-or maybe it's from the squats and lunges I did earlier this morning. Bummer about the plantar fasciitis. I had that a few years ago. Luckily the physical therapist I saw helped in getting rid of it. I was training for a marathon at the time and thought for sure I wouldn't be heeled in time to do it but I was and finished. I still feel that if I'm not careful it will come back. I wear custom orthotics in my sneakers (Brookes Adrenaline, Brookes ASR and Montrail Hardrocks) and live in Dansko clogs. So far so good it's not come back. Hope you get better soon! Kelly
        KathyW

What's the the 2000 mile all american wormhole? Can you tell I'm new? Shocked

Sierra Foothills Runner

Regarding the PF -- I have it too, in both feet Sad , however my non-expert remedies keep me out there running, whether trail or pavement...before I get out of bed every morning ('cause that when it seems the worst) I stretch my feet. I grab my toes & pull them up toward my shin for a count of 10, 10 times on each feet. I do this throughout the day (when I think about it). I also have a rubber ball that I roll my feet on (I keep it under my desk at work -- nobody knows Wink. And I do Achilles stretches & calf raise & drops as often as I can....it's not gone, & I don't know if it will ever heal, since I won't stop running, but it's bearable. So, that's my 2 cents for what it's worth. BTW, I love trail running & have found Envirosports runs & Pacific Trails (for us on the West Coast) for trail races --- so far have done only one (Angel Island, if anyone knows the SF Bay Area) and am looking forward to my next run in March in Napa --- they say there are boulders and creek crossings! Yippee!!!
              What's the the 2000 mile all american wormhole? Can you tell I'm new? Shocked
              Is this a person you're trying to find, or an ultrarunners group? If it's the latter, check out the 2000 mile group...lots of long distance runners there....
              Next up: A 50k in ? Done: California-Oregon-Arizona-Nevada (x2)-Wisconsin-Wyoming-Utah-Michigan-Colorado
              KathyW

Wow, six new members! Welcome everyone. I'm guessing most of you found your way here through the 2000 mile all american wormhole. If you have a question, post it and we'll discuss... Lynn B
                I was wondering what the 2000 mile all american wormhole is - it was referred to in the above post I have quoted. Kathy
                  I was wondering what the 2000 mile all american wormhole is - it was referred to in the above post I have quoted. Kathy
                  The wormhole Lynn mentioned is the 2000 mile club. The title of the group changes pretty much weekly as different topics are found amusing.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

WOW, 60+ members in 6 months! That's great! Shocked Please post and share your experiences out there on the trails....... MTA: And tell us a little about your experiences......
                    Next up: A 50k in ? Done: California-Oregon-Arizona-Nevada (x2)-Wisconsin-Wyoming-Utah-Michigan-Colorado
                      trails2run, you're at 100 members now, woohoo!
                        Yeah!!!! Big grin
                          101! Big grin Just got the word about this. Unless I'm on a trip, I do trails almost exclusively. For the NTTR's out there, I've run the North Shore of Grapevine--and I love it! I can't do it often but I love it when I can. Take care. Tim C.

"I'd rather die while I'm living than live while I'm dead..." J. Buffett There are two rules in life: 1.) Don't sweat the small stuff 2.) It's ALL small stuff

Tim - glad you found us. There's alot of trial-running experieince here, and we love to share stories of our runs, so post often! Thanks for joining the group.
                              So we have a "few" folks now. Great! Looking forward to getting to know everyone. Have a great weekend!

Leslie
                              Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                              -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Kitrin

Me, the Barbie version

Hello there! I came over to see my old friends from another forum site. Fatozzig, good to see you over here too! I am having motivation problems this morning - not sure why. Anyway, I am going to stop typing and get out the door. Kitrin