Trail Runners

WELCOME! (Read 1060 times)

mokaman

Hi Everyone,

I just found out about this forum recently... think I'll post here some.  I'm running a trail marathon in a couple weeks, my first so I've been doing lots of trail running lately. I'm in the Atlanta area.

Welcome, mokaman!  We have a monthly thread - Dirty Trail Runners Monthly.  Join us anytime.

Leslie
      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Hi Everyone,

I just found out about this forum recently... think I'll post here some.  I'm running a trail marathon in a couple weeks, my first so I've been doing lots of trail running lately. I'm in the Atlanta area.

Hey mokaman!  What trail marathon are you doing?  Twisted Ankle?

under a rock

Welcome to the group! Are you doing the Xterra Marathon in Winder? I'm doing the half.
          mokaman

runslikeagirl  - Yup, I'm running the Xterra marathon in Winder next week.

jendelush - I just signed up yesterday for the half at Twisted Ankle in May. 

I have been thinking about trying trail running for some time now.  Yesterday I actually joined a Colorado Relay team (10 members, 175 miles through the Colorado mtns in August).  About 1/3 of this relay is on trails through and over the high mountains of central/north Colorado.......some of the absolute most beautiful country in the US!!!

So, I am going to find some local trails to give it a shot.  The Colorado front range has tons and tons of running trails and everyone I know who has gotten into trail running tell me that I may not choose to go back to the roads.

Wish me luck!

Keep the running and fitness up and keep the weight from coming back.

Run more miles than last year.

I have been thinking about trying trail running for some time now.  Yesterday I actually joined a Colorado Relay team (10 members, 175 miles through the Colorado mtns in August).  About 1/3 of this relay is on trails through and over the high mountains of central/north Colorado.......some of the absolute most beautiful country in the US!!!

So, I am going to find some local trails to give it a shot.  The Colorado front range has tons and tons of running trails and everyone I know who has gotten into trail running tell me that I may not choose to go back to the roads.

Wish me luck!

Welcome to the dark side!  You probably won't go back to roads... our trail running opportunities are amazing!

Are you doing the relay from Ft Collins to Steamboat? 

No, cgerber, this is the relay........ http://www.coloradorelay.com/ 

BTW, cgerber, I looked at all your posted trail photos and they are truly amazing and inspiring.  I see you are in Boulder.  I live in Arvada.  Any suggestions on good begginer trail runs along the HWY 93 corridor......White Ranch.....Eldorado Canyon.......Golden Gate State Park......etc.?

Keep the running and fitness up and keep the weight from coming back.

Run more miles than last year.

Welcome, Choppersean!  Road running - Ugh!  I only do it 'cause I have to during the week.  For some reason, The Hub won't let me go runs trails in the predawn hours.   You won't be sorry you joined the Dark Side.

Leslie
                    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

under a rock

Hi, Choppersean! Welcome to the group. Trail running is addictive, it only takes a few runs before you are hooked and start to need trails like an addict. I'm still a bit of a trail newbie with only 8 months of trail running under my belt. Now I won't run a race over 5k on roads anymore, just too boring. Actually I haven't done a road race since I started doing trails.

No, cgerber, this is the relay........ http://www.coloradorelay.com/ 

BTW, cgerber, I looked at all your posted trail photos and they are truly amazing and inspiring.  I see you are in Boulder.  I live in Arvada.  Any suggestions on good begginer trail runs along the HWY 93 corridor......White Ranch.....Eldorado Canyon.......Golden Gate State Park......etc.?

Looks like a cool race!

Yeah, tons and tons of good trails along that corridor.  Down south these are great (or I've heard they are...some I haven't run):

- Centennial Cone - one of my favorite loops, though part of it is closed until late June for Elk calving)

- Beaver Brook Trail

- White Ranch

- Apex

Closer to Boulder:

- Marshall Mesa area (SE of Hwy 93 and Marshall Rd/Eldorado Rd)

- Doudy Draw (SW of the same intersection)

- All of the Boulder Open Space and Mountain Parks trails are great

- Eldo isn't bad, but they just don't have many trails (Rattlesnake Gulch and the connector to Walker Ranch)

There are also two Yahoo! Groups mailing lists for group runs in the area:

Boulder Trail Runners

Denver Trail Runners

I lead the BTR Night Run... most of the BTR runs aren't super fast and are quite fun. (The exception being the Tuesday Tempo Run, which is really fast).

- Chris

Bluewing

Hi!

I started running late last year and really found myself enjoying it. I didn't really appreciate how many trails there are to run here in Switzerland until I ventured off the pavement a bit, and now I do all my runs on trails. I'm training for the 21k version of the Swiss Alpine Marathon in July, as well as another half around the Rhine Waterfall a month or so later.

Welcome, Bluewing!  Switzerland??  You better be postin' some pics for us.   Come back soon.  We have a monthly thread called "Dirty Trail Runners Monthly" where we keep in touch.

"See" you soon ~

Leslie
                            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

I am running my first trail race on May 1st, The Muddy (Half) Marathon.  The website says "This is NOT a trail race for beginning trail runners," but the race director (an RA person), has baited me into running it. 

I may end up hooked on trail racing; who knows?

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

Heh, heh, heh.  Good luck, Nader!  Who's the RA-er who talked you into it?

Leslie
                                -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance