Trail Runners

WELCOME! (Read 1060 times)

Thanks very much, Leslie.  It was Flourcity. 

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

The Running Green Girl

Hey!  New Trail Runners member here!  ::waves::

My name is Mary and I'm from Long Beach, CA.  I've only been trail running for a couple of years now.  I just did my very first trail race a couple of weeks ago, here's my race report if you're interested:

Rockin' The Coto Trail Half Marathon Race Report

I'm a strong uphill runner but after injuring my right ankle and getting posterior tibial tendonitis, I've become a really poor downhill runner because I'm terrified of putting too much impact on my foot.

I just bought my first pair of gaiters from Dirty Girl Gaiters and I'm going to take them for a run tomorrow on a new trail.
      You have the power within you to do whatever it is you want to do. Rachelle Disbennett-Lee, PhD

www.therunninggreengirl.com
        Welcome, Green Girl!  Come back and let us know how things are going.

BTW - LOVE Dirty Girl Gaiters.

Leslie
        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Purdey

Self anointed title

I did not know this place existed. I do now. Phew. I will probably not wear dirty girl gaiters though.

(1) I did not know this place existed. I do now. Phew. (2) I will probably not wear dirty girl gaiters though.

1. Welcome!

2. Chicken.

Leslie
            Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Imminent Catastrophe

Hey, Dirty Girl gaiters are cool and the camo ones are really manly.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Purdey

Self anointed title

I cannot bring myself to wear anything in "camo". Wink

Ultra Cowboy

I'm RockyII  .  I hail from the lands of RWOL, and do my trail running throughout the West.  I like to think I have a sense of humour.

While that may be up for debate, I DO have a pair of MANLY Dirty Girl Gaiters .  The DFL pattern.

WYBMADIITY

Save

Uh oh... now what?

Hi everyone or some or most or each... newish here.  I run mostly trails on an island in the PNW.

I don't have any gaiters so you will need to depend on Rocky II for fashion guidance.

rgot

ALTRjeff

Damn Toto! This don't look like Kansas to me!  Wink

It was getting quiet on the other side, left instructions to turn off the lites when the last one leaves.

ALTRjeff

And Rocky II, I have that pair of shoe panties.

My God!!  I love me some trails.  Been strictly road running for 5 years and finally decided to move past the marathon distance and look for my first Ultra.  I was lucky enough to get into the Way Too Cool 50k in the Cool/Auburn, CA area.  Started hitting the trails in that area with some friends in December to train for the race.  I fell in love with the trails from that first run.  Had a great race at Way Too Cool and I'm already looking forward to more runs on the trails.  I have to run before work (4:30 am) during the week so I hit the bike trail near my house and it's hard to do the road running thing after experiencing the trails.