Trail Runners

Diane Van Deren (Read 464 times)

Kenotic Runner

This morning a friend and I were running a trail in Douglas County, Colorado.

We ran into Diane Van Deren and did a few miles with her.

Wonderful story.

Very nice person.

Top 'O the World!

Hi! 

Just adding that ESPN was up there @ HRH w/video equipment doing a story on her this wknd

Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group
        Yeah, I ran Hardrock and was not too far ahead of Diane... so saw a lot of ESPN crew, including helicopters.  Can't wait to see the piece they do. 

Top 'O the World!

Congratulations Chris! You were only pointed out to me @ the awards.or I would've relayed a "Hi" from Leslie Smile
          Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group
          Kenotic Runner

I ran into Diane incidentally again this weekend.

She told me about her 1,000 miler.

Smokes.

Very nice person.

There was an article about Diane in Trail Runner magazine about a year or so ago.  It's amazing what she has been able to accomplish.

Gosh, haven't heard from all three of you in ages and here you all are in one single post!  Howdy!!  Smile

Chris - How'd you do at Hardock?

Leslie
              Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
              -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

ALTRjeff

Did anyone ever see the ESPN thing?

Weegee

As a fellow epileptic, I'm somewhat jealous of Diane.  Although I'm not sure that I'd trade my sense of direction for complete surgical resolution of my seizures (in lieu of the drugs I now take), it would be cool to ditch the ability to recall time spent suffering on the trail.

Someday I hope to meet her.  Hopefully not at a race, because she'd easily hand me my hat.  :-)

ALTRjeff

The reason that asked, I was there(Hardrock) as well & saw the film crew , but have never seen or heard of anyone seeing it! So just curious.

xor

As a fellow epileptic, I'm somewhat jealous of Diane.  Although I'm not sure that I'd trade my sense of direction for complete surgical resolution of my seizures (in lieu of the drugs I now take), it would be cool to ditch the ability to recall time spent suffering on the trail.

Someday I hope to meet her.  Hopefully not at a race, because she'd easily hand me my hat.  :-)

Tony C paced her at some race (I want to say cascade, but I could be making that up).  He had some interesting stories.

Never saw the ESPN story.  Maybe it didn't end up airing(?).

Leslie
                        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance