Trail Runners

Neo-Trail Runners Extreme Team-January 2009 (Read 475 times)

Kitrin

Me, the Barbie version

Well, it happened to me again. I wrote a post and thought I submitted it yesterday, but it is not to be found. Luckily it was relatively short. Chris, I am glad you had a great time at the 5K, in more ways than one. I do not run in many races for the exact reason that you stated. I sometimes wonder how others afford all the races that they do. With the big races, I understand that many people combine the race with a family vacation, but I read that some race two times per month or more. I can't imagine. I do not need that many t-shirts. I want to thank everyone (again) for all the advice and encouragement I received over the past months. Yesterday was a great day for me. As I ran, I actually found myself thinking, "I feel like a runner!" I was totally amazed at how smooth and strong my stride felt and I did not have that "I bet I look stupid" feeling. I do not know how long or how fast the run was because I forgot to bring my Garmin on this trip to Houston, but I ran about 45 minutes on my watch. I would have kept going, except it was my DH birthday and I had to get back to the hotel to meet him home from work. I was not overly tired and my breathing was in check. Altogether, it was probably the most pleasant run I can remember. The path was an old golf cart road through a golf course gone wild (It looks like it closed years ago) so it was flat and fast. It felt fast. Anyway, the scenery was great, the weather was great, and I felt great. Thank you all for keeping me accountable and nurturing this in me. Kitrin
      As you found out, Kitrin, sometimes it pays to go run without any thought to pace, mileage, HR, etc. - just going out and running for the sake of running. I'm glad it went well for you!

Leslie
      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Kitrin

Me, the Barbie version

Hey, what happened here? Where is everyone? I went to the lake trail and ran 8.4 miles in 1:56:10. I lost track of my stops and starts. I think it is time to implement a PLAN for my long runs that will keep me on a schedule of running/walking/hydrating. Altogether, I am pleased that I ran the distance and my legs/lungs certainly had a workout, even if it was a little random at times. FEMA is bringing my husband home next week! No more long trips to spend too little time with my guy! Still no news on the other job, but at least he will be home regardless. Kitrin
          FEMA is bringing my husband home next week! No more long trips to spend too little time with my guy! Still no news on the other job, but at least he will be home regardless. Kitrin
          Nice! It IS quiet around here, huh?

Leslie
          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

Ultrachick

DID SOMEONE COMPLAIN IT'S QUIET?! Evil grin Hey there! It's me! Just checking in real quick- I need to get some work done on my web site. Slipped and fell on the ice Tuesday while out on my run. Nothing broken just bruised a knee real good so I'm behaving and not running to let the swelling get down-perfect timing since it's below zero. Able to ride a bike real easy. Catch up with you later.... Kelly
            If you never go fast, you'll never go fast.
              Ssssshhhhh!!! Some of us are trying to sleep. Angry

"Run slowly, run daily, drink in moderation, and don't eat like a pig" Dr. Ernst Van Aaken. Sorry ultrasteve.

Kitrin

Me, the Barbie version

Greg, I sometimes get the feeling that you do not sleep, so I hold your statement suspect! Kelly, I am glad you are okay, but sorry about your knee. If there is ice somewhere I will always be sure to slip on it. I have a mean clumsy streak that I inherited from my mom's side of the family. We are totally "accident prone." Be careful out there and STAY WARM! I decided to check out the local indoor pool today and swam laps for 30 minutes. My arms are a little sore now. It was my way of avoiding a run in cold, windy weather (cold and windy for TX at least). I am calling it cross-training. I am so clever. I think I am still on track to enter the Cross Timbers half marathon next month, IF I continue to be disciplined about running at least every other day. Of course, my goal would simply be to finish, which takes much of the pressure off. What is going on with my buddies? Kitrin
                  What is going on with my buddies? Kitrin
                  Wishing the day was over to I can go home and get into some more comfortable clothes. Although I have Bonkos (a.k.a. Bunko) tonight, so I'm also keeping my fingers I win the $60!! Went to the doc yesterday and have been referred for yet another test. That that I suspect should have been done in the first place and the other two NOT done. They give you something and try to get you into a gall bladder attack. Nice! Evil grin Do they give you anything to make it go away? No. But, the new doc says, we've never had anybody end up in the ER over it. Great. I feel so much mo betta now. My insurance (such as it is) has to approve the test, so I'm still probably at least a week (maybe more) away from figuring out exactly what's going on. Can you feel the frustration? I'm feeling like crap today, so that doesn't help. Called the doc and asked, if I end up in the ER this weekend from an attack, should I ask for the scan to be done? Answer: They probably won't do it. But if you're going to end up in the ER, this would be the weekend 'cause New Doc is on call. If I go in when one of the other docs is on-call, they may just go ahead and cut me open. Nice . . . very nice. (more frustration.)

Leslie
                  -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

Kitrin

Me, the Barbie version

Leslie, I am so sorry to hear that this is dragging out. I know that it is frustrating. I once spent 18 months looking for someone who could help my thyroid without killing or removing it. I struggled to make the best of life, but it was so very frustrating. Hang in there and know that I am pulling/praying for you. Kitrin PS I am taking my last trip to Houston today (back tomorrow night), so I probably will not post for a couple days.
                    Kitrin

Me, the Barbie version

I intended to run after I finished my drive to Houston yesterday, but I ended up in a two hour massage session instead. I'LL TAKE IT!!! Ran today. It was not a great time--I kept saying "slow is okay, stop is not" to keep myself going. In the end, I ran 3.58 miles averaging a 12:06 pace. That is a good pace for me, especially on a low motivation day. Keeping this short, Kitrin
                        It's good to get out on those low motivation days Kitrin! They seem to make you feel all that much better when you're done. I did 25 today, up on some really sweet trails near Ft Collins. I really desperately need to make some new electrolyte capsules... Endurolytes are completely worthless to a guy who loses 1000mg of sodium an hour. Tongue I'll post a couple photos later... off to find some calories. - Chris
                          IEndurolytes are completely worthless to a guy who loses 1000mg of sodium an hour. Tongue I'll post a couple photos later... off to find some calories. - Chris
                          That's a lot of sodium to lose! Looking forward to the pics. Didn't run today. Long story, same health issue. Am going to try and get out tomorrow for a few. Later!

Leslie
                          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

Ultrachick

I didn't run today either but I did ski all day-teaching. Was a good day-excellent group of kids. My knee is looking better but it was a little sore by the end of today and I'm starting to come down with a cold. So bed time will be early tonight and I'll do a long (10-12?) miles in the morning. See ya!
                            If you never go fast, you'll never go fast.
                              Hey Chris - I pirated some of your photos that you posted in here - Big grin. Would you mind if I posted one to the opening page on the ultra site at some point? I'd like to use pics from various posters, and give them credit. You take some beautiful pictures.

Leslie
                              -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

Yo from Philly. I got in a longish run today, first in a month or more. Only 10.75, but longer than I've done in a while. I took some pics too of some points of interest in the Wissahickon Gorge. I do all my long runs in there. They have miles of trials, 50+. Very beautiful and historic. The main road you see is an old stage coach road from the late 1700's. The inn is from the mid 1800's I think. Enjoy. I've been wanting to share pictures with you all to show you where I run. Leslie, feel free to take any if you'd like too. Glad to hear everyone's well. Leslie, I hope you feel better soon. Click on the link and it'll take you to a photoalbum of the pictures I took today. Photobuckethttp://s542.photobucket.com/albums/gg440/Gregoflowe

"Run slowly, run daily, drink in moderation, and don't eat like a pig" Dr. Ernst Van Aaken. Sorry ultrasteve.