Trail Runners

Neo-Trail Runners Extreme Team-January 2009 (Read 475 times)

Great pics, Greg! I especially like the one where your big, hairy dog got right smack dab in the middle of the picture! Big grin Did 5 sort of tuff miles this a.m. on the road. It's been hard to eat much the last few days, so I knew I didn't have enough in me to do a trail run. Also, my running buddy, Karen, broke the toe next to her big toe on her right foot yesterday. She kicked a rock. Bonehead! Her sister (a doctor) told her how to tape it and stay off it, which is hard for her to do, she's so stubborn. She, her sis, and our bud, Russ, are running in a 50k in February at Hagg Lake in Oregon. My run went okay, but I'm thinking that a lot of my intestinal issues I've been having running are related to whatever is going on with me. Boy, I hope this gets figured out soon. I have the hydascan (where they try to induce a gall bladder attack) on Wednesday. That will tell me if it's the GB or not. Kelly - Hope your cold doesn't end up getting bad. Take care of yourself - lots of soup, tea and honey, and warm PJs.

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Ultrachick

Thanks Nurse Leslie- I managed a 9 miler this morning in some newly fallen snow. Way more snow than what is in the fabulous pictures Greg posted. The trails look very nice and the history that goes along too is pretty neat. When we go to CT to visit Jack's Mom, we run on the trails at an Audubon Center which has a road through it that soldiers used during the Revolutionary War. I'm always looking for the ghost of a soldier when I run through there. I know sounds nutty.
      If you never go fast, you'll never go fast.
        I have the day off today so I decided to go to a state park that I've been wanting to check out for some time now. I took a few photos so click the link to check it out. I've been experimenting with my camera. Smile /Users/greglowe/Pictures/iPhoto Library/2009/01/19/DSC00195.JPG Because of this guy, I decided I need to be wearing some orange when I go running in here. /Users/greglowe/Pictures/iPhoto Library/2009/01/19/DSC00195.JPG Damn! I can't get the pictures to post. Copy and paste the above into the address bar if you're interested. The first picture is awesome.

"Run slowly, run daily, drink in moderation, and don't eat like a pig" Dr. Ernst Van Aaken. Sorry ultrasteve.

Hey Greg - The link doesn't work when you cut and paste. Confused Did you try posting it by using the link box above? The one that looks like the world with a piece of link chain?

Leslie
          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

Hey Chris - I pirated some of your photos that you posted in here - Big grin. Would you mind if I posted one to the opening page on the ultra site at some point? I'd like to use pics from various posters, and give them credit. You take some beautiful pictures.
            No problem, go for it! Been busy at work and trying to get my house ready for a refinancing appraisal next week, so I'll be scarce for awhile... hope everyone has a good week and a great weekend! - Chris
            Kitrin

Me, the Barbie version

I managed a 4 mile run late yesterday. I was surprised at how difficult it was to do. I do not know if it is because I don't warm up until I run 2 miles lately, the cooler temperatures and my exposed legs, less sleep than usual, my cross-training, or what. Probably a combination of factors. Well, I stuck it out when I wanted to quit at 3 miles and finished the last mile with increasing speed each 1/4 mile. A MENTAL VICTORY! My husband decided he wants to take serious action about his weight gain since he is back home and working normal hours again. He ran the first lap with me and his P90X is arriving soon. I am thrilled to have a partner again. However, I am more excited about the nutritional support that comes with the program. Anything that moderates his pizza consumption is golden in my book! Both of us will be ramping up our activity levels and nutrition will be so important. I will keep you all posted. I plan to swim today, but I am waiting on FedEx. Ah, I will do homework until the package arrives. Kitrin

Ultrachick

Hi Guys, How goes it? I'm fine. Been busy of sorts with stuff. The usual-getting over my slight cold, running a bit, kid stuff, looking for work and figuring out my true purpose-nothing major Big grin Toot! Toot! Check this out...http://www.ultrarunning.com/ultra/reference/finishers/100mile-top-women-finishe.shtml scroll down to #95 LOL What a hoot! Catch up more later! Good job Kitrin not quitting-running can be more mental than physical some days. I just got the "Lore of Running" book today. Can't wait to start reading it. Kelly
                  Kelly Imagine, out of the thousands of women running ultras, you are #95. That's a great accomplishment. Big grin Dan
                  Only the lead dog has a different view. My Blog http://breakhearttrailrunning.blogspot.com/
                    We've already dished out the alloted slaps on the back. She's just braggin at this point.

"Run slowly, run daily, drink in moderation, and don't eat like a pig" Dr. Ernst Van Aaken. Sorry ultrasteve.

Kitrin

Me, the Barbie version

Well, I think Kelly is something special. Cool I did my long run today and it was brutal. Ironically, I ran almost the same distance as my 15K in November, but the temps then were 45-55, while today I ran in near 80 degree weather. By the end of the run, I was hurting in so many ways. 9.28 miles in 2:07:14 I am curious about how much doubling temperatures affects the average runner. I ran the same distance seven minutes slower. Is that normal? Greg, I love the pics of your kids. Leslie, I hope you are faring well. I do not envy you the test that you are doing on your gall bladder. Good day all, Kitrin
                        Kitrin - Don't underestimate the power of temperature on your body and how it performs. Huge difference between 40 degrees and 80 degrees. And don't forget that in warmer temperatures you may need to take in more fluids. The test went okay. Very boring and long, but it whacked me out for the entire day. Too nauseated afterward. Came home and for the first time took some nausea medication I was given. It helped some. Kelly - Congrats! And Greg's just jealous. Wink Well - if I can get the time off, it looks like we're going to go to Australia for a couple of weeks in March. Big grin We found a flight deal on Quantus that can't be beat. Also, about 2 years ago, we met a couple while we were in San Francisco, so we're going to hook up with them for a couple of days, as well. And they've offered to let us stay with them for a few days. Should be fun! If ever you're looking for good deals on flights, hotels, cruises, etc., sign up to get the weekly Top 20 Deals from www.travelzoo.com. You get one email from them a week with their specials, plus you can go on their site and look at other deals they've dug up. It's through them that we got our stupidly fantastic trip to Prague last year.

Leslie
                        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

Ultrachick

Yup, I may be bragging a bit but I'm also realizing a true passion and following a dream to have the life I want and not what everyone else thinks it should be. Cool See you on the trails.....
                          Carl A

http://www.ultrarunning.com/ultra/reference/finishers/100mile-top-women-finishe.shtml
                            Hey, that's a great list to be on! I think, though, that they left out Jessi Kennedy's 21:32 at Delaware.

Speed my steps along your path, according to your will.

Good Lord y'all. Can't you recognize good natured ribbing when you see it? Of course I'm envious and proud. Just poking fun that's all. Kelly, you kick ass and you continue to go for it. Karl, are you from Deleware? That's the second reference you've made to running in Deleware in a thread I've been in, the other being The Swamp.

Carl A

No worries from me--I think it's easy to misread a joke when it's on a computer screen and not told in person. I live in the sticks of northeast PA. Delaware is the only hundred I've done, so I'm a fan. It's tiny and low-key, though, so I can understand how it could easily get overlooked. I also recently found out about Oil Creek, another new one in PA this year, which would be more of a standard fee-type race. I've put off today's easy lunchbreak run long enough, so I'm going out now.

Speed my steps along your path, according to your will.