Trail Runners

Neo-Trail Runners Extreme Team-January 2009 (Read 475 times)

Ultrachick

I figured it was in good fun but I need the smiley faces to be sure Smile So Jack and I are giving a chat about 'Training for your First Ultra' (Or training better for your next Ultra) at a local sports store tonight. This will be the first time we've ever done anything like this so we're both a little anxious-hopefully we'll have a good turnout. Keep your fingers crossed for us Big grin I'll let you know how it goes..... Kelly
    If you never go fast, you'll never go fast.
      We've already dished out the alloted slaps on the back. She's just braggin at this point.
      Been around you long enough, I knew you were braggin'!! Kelly - Good luck with the talk tonight. And we're definitely going to Australia March 21-April 6. Woo hoo! Am currently looking to see if there's an HM while we're there. Found a running club that meets every Sunday to run 10ks thru 30ks for a fee of $4 and drinks and snacks afterward. Definitely a possibility.

Leslie
      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

I think you are officially a runner Leslie. Looking for a half mary on your vacation definitely qualifies you. Funny, when you mentioned going to Australia, my first thought or image in my mind was of running in the red sand of the Outback. Wonder what that says about me? Guess I'm a runner to. Kelly-just focus on what you think they need to know, and it'll flow from there. I'm doing a men's retreat next weekend for a church, 5 sessions of speaking. I did it last year, and found it very exciting as long as I focused on them and not me. Good luck. Those attendees are pretty fortunate. You guys have a lot of knowledge to offer them. Will you guys record your talk? Carl, that OilCreek ultra looks nice. Too far for me though from Philly. Got my eyes set on Highland Sky and maybe the Ring on the Massanutten trail in September if I can get my mileage up. I'd like to do Laruel Highlands but don't think I can get my mileage up enough in time to avoid an injury.

"Run slowly, run daily, drink in moderation, and don't eat like a pig" Dr. Ernst Van Aaken. Sorry ultrasteve.

Good early morning run. I gotta get back into the really early morning groove. Started at 6. Took some cool pictures. Unfortunately, I can't seem to figure out how to post pics, so no go. 10.65 miles.

"Run slowly, run daily, drink in moderation, and don't eat like a pig" Dr. Ernst Van Aaken. Sorry ultrasteve.

Greg - You posted pics before. Download to photobucket. Copy the IMG link. Come back here and click the gray box above with the mountain. Paste your IMG link in between the imgs provided. Erase the IMGs that come with the link and with [ ] around it. Leave the lower case imgs in the <>. Crappy 5.5 mile run. I haven't been able to eat very well the last couple of days since my test, and I think that was a factor. Also the fact that I just haven't felt like working out. However, I did pull my head out of my butt and did 5 miles last night after work. I hate running after work, but I did it. Hope your weekend goes great -

Leslie
            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

Ultrachick

Happy freezing cold Saturday night! -3 and falling. Our talk went well last night. No, we didn't record it-thought of that after. About 20 people came which was great and we already knew quite a few of them and it was a nice mix of people who had already done at least one ultra and those who are looking to do their first. Jack and I did not rehearse a thing and we seemed to bounce off each other nicely. Leslie-you are so lucky to be going to Australia! I'm envious. You'll have a great trip! Greg-Looks like you have some good goal races picked out. Stay warm! Kelly MTA Here's the link to a slideshow we put together to have playing while we spoke. Some of the pictures may be a little out-of-order http://picasaweb.google.com/JackPillaVT/KellyJackSUltraAdventures#slideshow/5295052930760610210
              If you never go fast, you'll never go fast.
                Okay, let's try it once more.

Nope. How about this.

Nope to that too. How about this: /Users/greglowe/Pictures/iPhoto Library/2009/01/19/DSC00195.JPG I quit. I can't figure this out. I'm doing what everybody's telling me. The one time I did it before I cut and pasted the img link straight into the text. Now, it won't work.

Check it out. Best picture I've taken yet with my new camera. [IMG]http://i542.photobucket.com/albums/gg440/Gregoflowe/DSC00195.jpg[/IMG] DAMN IT!!! IT WORKED ON KICKRUNNER!!!

Kitrin

Me, the Barbie version

Greg, I saw that photo somewhere, maybe on KR. It is great! You take great pics. Kelly, Congrats on the talk. I am sure that more than expected showed up because you and Jack were speaking. You are kind like a dynamic duo. Many people would be more intimidated by speaking in front of people than running 100 miles. Kudos! Leslie, YOU ARE A RUNNER! I must be getting there myself because the fist thing I do when I know I am going someplace new is look for trails to run. I NEVER would have believed it would happen to me. Greg, thank you for continually making me smile. I like your sense of humor and knew you were kidding too. I look forward to hearing more of your plots with Carl. Me - it is a cold, misty day and we will have freezing rain starting this evening and continuing for the next couple days. I am heading out the door to run before it gets slippery. I am not as hardcore as the Northeasterners! Stay Warm, Kitrin
                          Greg - Replace the [ ] and big IMGs with <> and little imgs. Always put a forward slash (/) in front of the last img. It'll look like this {img}sdlfjsfljfjfljflsjflsjflm{/img} but with these: <>, and you'll end up with this (PS- Nice pic!):

Leslie
                          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

Allright, let's give it a whirl.

Nope. I did EXACTLY what you said. Let me try again, but using the HTML code. Photobucket/img>

That did it. Why are the pictures so huge? Any way to reduce them? This guy was one of about 8 I say while running in a new state park last Monday. If I go there again, I'll need to wear some orange for sure. You can't see the 12 gauge he's holding. Thanks for all the help Leslie.