Trail Runners

Trail Runners Extreme Team - October 2009 (Read 456 times)

Kitrin

Me, the Barbie version

Mushy Gushy Lover Group maybe? Cellulite Pounders? Huggy Feely Lovey Dovey? Squishy Wishy Huggie Kissy?

Singletrack Minded? I kinda like that one. 

Greg, those first ones are inspired, hysterical, genius.  However, my vote goes to the last one.

Ultrachick

I like the Trail Huggers name idea! Lately the phrase Run Dirty keeps popping up in my head throughout the day. I may have to make myself a shirt with that on it.

How about Dirty Trail Runners ?

If you never go fast, you'll never go fast.

Happy

Guys - WOW - this thread gets better every day. I would be scared of falling off the cliff if I ran on the trail in the Grand Canyon. Looks like a roller coaster to me - turns me off. I mean the drama is there for sure, the breathtaking beauty and grandness of the wild - I just wonder if I would be able to run with a safety lanyard around my body and attached to the cliff wall somehow so I wouldn't fall off. Otherwise, I wouldn't be able to run at all. Might have to walk sideways with my back touching the cliff wall and both hands feeling the rock behind me so I could be as far away from the edge as possible. A wind could knock me off the trail and send me flying. Sorry, I would love to have the guts but that's not me.

_

The name of the thread as it is now is cool with me, wait, have I mentioned this before? I like it - even if I don't care for extreme trail runs like the GC trail race. I also don't have any desire to run on the African Plain where I could encounter Lions and other predators while running. Surfing, skateboarding, bull riding, climbing Mount Everest, Blackwater.....etc. Not me. I am so very none-extreme that it hurts. The closest I've ever come to being extreme was when I ran my 50K trail run a month ago. I am actually an indoor kind of person that happens to love nature (when the weather is good). I love to feel completely safe. Going outside for a run sometimes feels extreme to me - one of my neighbors' dogs could come running at me, right! Or I could get hit by a car. The thing I love the most about trail runs is how quiet it is and the beauty of flowers, plants, birds, and butterflies. I love the contact with the ground under my feet and the natural unmasked smells - don't care much for running with people who are using Snugglie fabric softener or scented laundry detergents. It makes it impossible to smell the nature.

_

Ran 12 miles outside on concrete road around in loops in my subdivision - husband had surgery yesterday and is recovering at home; I'm supposed to be there to comfort, help and support him, so I ran back home frequently to check on him. It was sunny and warm - gorgeous. Normally I don't get to run in the middle of the day when it is warm so I felt good about that. However, I am a little pooped about how I run. Didn't feel fresh - still dealing with some rather sensitive achilles/lower calves. Started out slowly and comfortably. Plan was to run 4 miles that way. Then 4 miles a little faster. Then 4 miles even faster at the end. After the first 2 miles of the middle segment the sensitivity started to set in. I had to back off and take it easy quite often in order to reduce the stress on the tender spots. Needless to say, the last 4 miles were not done any faster than the middle 4. In fact, I had to question myself all the way about how smart it was to run 12 miles today. Apart from walking and a little crosstraining I had taken 2 full days off from running since my threshold run earlier this week. I want to put a longer run in on Sunday. 

_

Today's road run was good training for my upcoming Marathon, which is a flat road race. I don't see my fitness being there but I continue to keep a door open for change and improvement. I just do my best putting in the miles (when possible w/o causing injury) and a few specific endurance training runs. The body has it's ways of reacting in ways I don't expect. I need to be a little realistic about where I am - after all, there is considerable life stress to deal with. In the past I have sometimes peaked too early and done better in time trials leading up to an event than in the actual event. This time, I would like to run surprisingly well on the day of the event. I don't care if I can't race well before that. The only trouble with feeling fatigued and less than fresh during training is that it doesn't give any confidence.

5K, 4/28/07 24:16 PR 10K, 5/5/07 49:23 PR 1/2 M, 12/08/07 1:49:34 PR Marathon, 12/09/06 3:57:37 BQ 50K, 10/04/2009 7:27:00 PB 40M, 4/17/2010 11:20:00 PB
          Guys - WOW - this thread gets better every day. I would be scared of falling off the cliff if I ran on the trail in the Grand Canyon. Looks like a roller coaster to me - turns me off. I mean the drama is there for sure, the breathtaking beauty and grandness of the wild - I just wonder if I would be able to run with a safety lanyard around my body and attached to the cliff wall somehow so I wouldn't fall off. Otherwise, I wouldn't be able to run at all. Might have to walk sideways with my back touching the cliff wall and both hands feeling the rock behind me so I could be as far away from the edge as possible. A wind could knock me off the trail and send me flying. Sorry, I would love to have the guts but that's not me.

_

The trail is actually really really wide... about 8 feet.  They made it for mule trains, so it's not that exposed to be on it.  You'd have to try really hard to fall off :-)

under a rock

I finally ate dirt today during my run! It happened so fast. I didn't even realize I was falling until I was halfway through a 360 roll on the ground. I must say it is much more fun and less traumatic than falling off a horse!

. . . .can someone be trail horny?  . . . . Man, it must be hormonal at some level, because the lust I feel from looking at that photo is NOT NORMAL.

I made a Dr. appointment today.

I had to laugh out loud at that combination of sentences. 

Kelly - {{{hang in there}}}

Chris - I've only been able to watch a few seconds of the video and will finish it later, but WOW!  Fun, fun, fun!!

I'm definitely all about a destination run within the next year or so.  When The Hub and I go places together, it's almost impossible to even get him to walk down a trail (we'll save that rant for another time).  But my buddy, Karen, and her sis - we've talked for awhile about doing a destination run.  It's mostly a matter of planning it far enough in advance that we have time to save up the dinero.

Leslie
              Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
              -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Happy

OK, if the trail is as wide as 8 feet I might be game 

_

Kitrin, good job making the Dr. appointment. 

_

Kelly, sounds like some very big and difficult decisions to make. Have been married to the same guy for 18 years now. He is the one and only husband. I am happy with the choice and the commitment. But there have been some rough patches. There are problems in all relationships. Commitment requires making compromises every day. Realize the other person is doing that too. Being happy in a relationship does not equal not having any problems. Problems are part of the picture. Also reminding oneself that the partner is not there to make you happy. If you are unhappy there is not much the other person can do unless you are willing to try to figure out how to become happy with your life. I wish you the very best with this decision. 

5K, 4/28/07 24:16 PR 10K, 5/5/07 49:23 PR 1/2 M, 12/08/07 1:49:34 PR Marathon, 12/09/06 3:57:37 BQ 50K, 10/04/2009 7:27:00 PB 40M, 4/17/2010 11:20:00 PB

My trail run today - ugh!  It was ugly almost from the onset and just went downhill from there.  In trying to get my act together for AR50, my buddy suggested making out baggies of food in which I've calculated the calories and carbs, while also taking into account the fluids.  So I had a baggy with about 240/40 = 1/2 pbj, 2 fig newtons and one with about 290/42 = a Mojo Clif bar and 2 fig newtons.  First of all, I thought I'd only be out there about 3 hours.  In the 2nd hour of running, I atethe two fig bars and all but about a bite of the pbj.  3rd and 4th hours I ate the 2 fig bars and about 3/4 of the Mojo.  Plus, by Mile 13, I'd drained my 2nd 26-oz bottle of fluids.  I totally miscalculated the time and nutrition.   Totally.  I walked a lot of the last few miles, and definitely all the inclines.  Was suppose to do 16, but managed to get through 14.40 before I gave up.  Some days you got it, and some days you don't.

Name:  Dirty Trail Runners Monthly (?) - or does that sound X-rated with possible PMS??

Leslie
                  Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                  -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Kelly, psuedo internet support to you my friend. Talk to lots of people you trust who know you well about what you are thinking.

I'm busted on the names right now. Played out.

Happy Halloween everybody!

"Run slowly, run daily, drink in moderation, and don't eat like a pig" Dr. Ernst Van Aaken. Sorry ultrasteve.