Trail Runners

Running Gear Accessories (Read 236 times)

Okay, I'm tired of looking on the Internet.  Does anybody know if there's such a thing as an extra/removable pocket that can be attached to a running vest or waist pack?  I got something from Moosejaw, but it's not what I expected.  I am looking for something that can be attached via velcro or with a strap.

Nathan products use to have an extra pocket, but I can't find it to purchase.  I saw it on their web site again the other day, and now it's gone again. Roll eyes 

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Imminent Catastrophe

Amphipod makes some of those that clip onto a belt or strap. 

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Buzzie

Bacon Party!

Funny you should bring this up... I've been planning a modification to my favorite hydration belt - a pouch that will hold packets of drink mix.

(I can cram them into the existing pockets - but, it's a time-consuming and frustrating task, and the packets have been know to rip for all of the origami required.)

Was imagining using some velcro to afix a nice, roomy-ish zipper pouch.

But, now you've got me thinking clip-on... I wonder if one of those dog treat pouches would work... (Hmm... probably too much bounce).

Liz

pace sera, sera

I have the one from Amphipod.  I bought it when I thought I needed to carry a cell phone and ID with me on my short trail runs.  They advertise no bounce, but it bounced when I clipped it to the outside back of my shorts.  When I clipped it on the inside front, it didn't bounce as much, but I ended up getting a bruise on my leg from the slight banging.  Maybe if I had on tighter shorts it would have been fine.  Maybe the cell phone was just too heavy.  It might work better on a vest.  Good luck.

"We are not talking about gorse-bushes," said Owl crossly. "I am," said Pooh.

Thanks for all the info.  It looks like the Amphipod pouches slip on like the one I got from Moosejaw.  And looking at that web site today, the dang thing went on sale for $10 instead of the $16 I paid!!  Figures . . .

Buzzie - I hadn't even thought of looking at something like a dog treat pouch.  Hmmm . . . something to think about.  And I have the same issue as you - I need the room for the powders packets of the drink mix I use, plus my inhaler, which takes up too much room in the two pockets of the Nathan vest.

Leslie
            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

What if you put the pouch on the side, instead of front or back? Any improvement? (Cause my water bottles bounce less when they're near the sides of me, it seems.)

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

HoosierDaddy

GreyBeard

• Black Canyon 100k
                • RRR
                • Zane Grey 100k
                • High Lonesome 100
                • Wyoming Range 100 (?)
                • The Bear 100
                • Javelina Jundred (?)

You guys are the best!  I obviously had no idea what the "target" words were to use when searching for this.  I like this clip-on idea.  Do you have one of these, HD?

Leslie
                  -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I just saw one of those (clip-on inside pockets) in LRS for the first time this past weekend, and was tempted, but didn't bite that time.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

HoosierDaddy

GreyBeard

You guys are the best!  I obviously had no idea what the "target" words were to use when searching for this.  I like this clip-on idea.  Do you have one of these, HD?

Yes.  It can hold  decent amount of stuff, really.  5-7 gels.  Doesn't move much that I recall - would be good to add to an existing belt.

• Black Canyon 100k
                      • RRR
                      • Zane Grey 100k
                      • High Lonesome 100
                      • Wyoming Range 100 (?)
                      • The Bear 100
                      • Javelina Jundred (?)