Trail Runners

Dirty Trail Runners Monthly - January 2011 (Read 390 times)

Hope it wasn't Raisin Bran.  I made the mistake of eating that Saturday night shortly before going to bed.  Not a good idea when running long the next day in an area where facilities are few and far between. Blush

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

But didn't eat enough last night, apparently, after running 9 more. Woke up feeling faint and mildly nauseous. Made it to fridge to drink something sweet and start eating, and then wrap up in blanket, and started feeling better.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

22 logging road miles today.  The rain held off until about 40 min after we finished, and then it just started pouring.  We could see the dark clouds over the water, so were hoofin' it to get the miles done.  The run went really well.  I tried some new things today - ate 2 GUs, tried PBJ again, and went with plain water instead of using my ultra.  The GUs weren't terrible, but I prefer the taste of the espresso over the chocolate.  I also got too much of the chocolate in my mouth at once and almost gagged on it.  No stomach trouble, though, so that's a positive.  I did get behind on my nutrition, but not severely.

Once we get through this round of training for our respective runs on Feb 19, I need to get back out in the Community Forest at least every other week where there's more climbing or Leona Divide is gonna kill me.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend -

Leslie
        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance