Trail Runners

Dirty trail runners weekly w/e 2/3 (Read 28 times)

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

hoping for a little better week this go round Smile  I'm flying to SC tomorrow to meet up w/ my brother, we'll do some sight seeing in Charleston (never have been there), some light running and then head to Uwharrie, NC Friday afternoon for the pre-race supper

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

under a rock

Hope you have a good flight to SC. Enjoy your time in Charleston, it's such a neat little city. And, of course, good luck at Uwharrie!

I'm starting this week out on a low note. My left achilles was tender at the end of my 10 mile run yesterday and I've decided to go see my sports chiro tomorrow for him to take a look and hopefully work some magic or at least tell me how serious the damage is. I'm not feeling very hopefully since there is some bruising in the area. I can walk fine but the area is definitely tender to touch and when I squatted down to pick up toys something felt off in my achilles, not painful, just wrong. fingers crossed that the worst thing he'll tell me is that I have to skip my 10 mile race in two weeks.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

thank you kindly Smile

I can sympathize, it seems calves and achilles are the areas I have the most problem w/- lots of icing (20 minutes on/20 minutes off), I tend to go light on NSAIDs, but will use them when they are particularly sore- I've also found that rolling my calves prior/after running has helped both my achilles and calves

here's hoping it's very minor

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Wandering Wally

Getting geared up for my running week to start tonight.

Ashley - Hope it's a minor thing with the achilles.

Run!  Just Run!

Trail Runner Nation Podcast

under a rock

I saw my chiro this morning. He felt it was a pretty mild injury. He wants me to take the rest of the week off and scrap my plans to run a 10 mile trail race on the 9th. I can do my normal 30 minute daily walk since it doesn't hurt to walk or stand. He wants me to ice twice a day, wear a compression sleeve, and use my stick on it a few times a day as well. He did some graston and ART then taped it up. He told me to try a test run on Monday, a flat easy 2-3 miles.

Once it's better he wants me to find a pilates video I can do at home for some cross training. I've been slack on cross training since I cut out yoga classes and my YMCA membership to save money.  Blush I need to get back on track with that.

wanderingoutlaw

mtwarden - hope you're enjoying your time in SC and hope you weather tonight's storms well; hope you run well in Uwharrie

Ashley - glad the injury is minor.  I hope you weather this afternoon & night's storms well, also

I've managed two trail runs this week, both around five miles.  I'll be running on the roads on Saturday running 18 miles on the Columbia (SC) marathon course, so I'm glad I found time to get some trails in beforehand.

John

under a rock

We came through the storm just fine. The worst damage was when my son woke me at 4:30 this morning to ask if the storm was over. Still seems a bit windy this morning but it's not raining anymore.

wanderingoutlaw

The storm here was pretty mild.  A lot of rain for a few minutes but little wind and no lightning.  It is windy here this morning also.

John

Wandering Wally

Hoping this running week improves soon...

Run!  Just Run!

Trail Runner Nation Podcast

mtwarden, hope Uwharrie went well for you.

Ashley, I'm with you on the lack of cross training.  I should learn from your achilles episode and actually do something about it instead of waiting for an injury of my own to motivate me.

My sympathies to everyone else battling injury or illness.  After dealing with a chest cold for a week and a half, I was able to get out and run today with only minor coughing attacks.  Beautiful trail run with ocean views on a nice sunny day.... doesn't get any better!

Go 49ers!

4/14/24 Napa Valley 50k, Calistoga, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR