Trail Runners

La Sportiva Crosslite (Read 176 times)

I haven't found a decent store around that sells trailrunning shoes so I bought a pair of these on line.  The shoe length is good but they feel tight around that top of my feet. They have kind of an integrated gaitor so that may be the reason.  Is it OK for trail shoes to fit snug?  I haven't run in them yet and can still return them if necessary.

under a rock

They feel snug to start. I wore mine around the house for a few hours and found they loosened up quite a bit.

who knows...

I've run in the Crosslites and enjoyed them. While the tolerable limits to a shoe's "feel" is entirely subjective, a snug shoe for trails is acceptable. In fact, you probably want to try and avoid shoes in which your feet might slip around while trail running. Given the varied terrain, that is a recipe for blisters, sprained ankles, or the ever-fun rolling down the side of a mountain.

If your fingers are dexterous enough, you might be able to loosen the laces some beneath the scree guard. 

"There is no I in εγω." --Unknown author, source of possible, but in no way certain, Greek origin

The King of Beasts

I really like the Corsslite, the snug fit will keep the blister and busted toes from being a problem.

me and a group that I run with decided that they fit best after the first river crossing / rain storm, but they you probably could not return them.

"As a dreamer of dreams and a travelin' man I have chalked up many a mile. Read dozens of books about heroes and crooks, And I've learned much from both of their styles." ~ Jimmy Buffett

"I don't see much sense in that," said Rabbit. "No," said Pooh humbly, "there isn't. But there was going to be when I began it. It's just that something happened to it along the way."”