Trail Runners

Dirty trail runners week ending 4/13. (Read 18 times)

Well, surprised to see little activity here. THen again, I haven't been here since last November and then was a brief entry after not being here for a long time prior to that. I hit the trails last week for the first time after three months of no running and putting on 20 pounds. I just threw my diet and training out the window for that period of time. I am wicked out of shape. Slow, heavy breathing. Calves very sore. Now I have to pay the price for the next few months to lose the weight and get my fitness and endurance back. Oh well. There's more important things in life anyway.

"Run slowly, run daily, drink in moderation, and don't eat like a pig" Dr. Ernst Van Aaken. Sorry ultrasteve.

Imminent Catastrophe

Not a trail run but a hike, evaluating trail conditions for the Benton Mackaye Trail Association's annual walk-through. It was hot, but I got to see a section of the BMT that I hadn't explored before.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Not a trail run but a hike, evaluating trail conditions for the Benton Mackaye Trail Association's annual walk-through. It was hot, but I got to see a section of the BMT that I hadn't explored before.

That section in Cherry log is where we where got snowed in over Christmas in 2010.  If you followed the trail another mile you would have been close to the rental house we stayed in.  I hit that section of the trail 3-4 times and really liked it.  It was awesome running it with the new fallen snow.