Trail Runners

Western States (Read 189 times)

I see that Wrigleygirl will be running at Western States.  I and my buddy will be crewing for her sister, KateMD.  Any other RA-ers gonna be there??

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Kalsarikännit

How the heck did you know that?  RA'ers are a smart, sneaky bunch .

Did my first heat training for it today.  If you ever want to feel stupid, go jog in place in a sauna with a bunch of big, sweaty guys all around you.

It would be nice to have a bunch of RA'ers out there.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

I was updating people's events and saw you under June.  Do you guys end up knowing your bib # ahead of time?  If so, you'll have to get it to me so I can watch for you.  My buddy, Karen, and I are trying to come up with some "theme" outfits for each aid station, so maybe we'll be real noticeable.

Leslie
        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

Kalsarikännit

Theme outfits would be great!  Very funny.  I think Jill Perry's crew did that for her at Umstead this weekend.

We were able to request a number, but have not found out if we received it.  I picked #261, because Katherine Switzer is such a hero of mine.  I hope I get it.  They made sure to let us know that we should not pick 1-10, because it was reserved for last years top finishers.  Just for those that have the cojones to ask to be number 1 at WS100.

I forgot we posted our race schedules .

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

Just for those that have the cojones to ask to be number 1 at WS100.

Ha!

Another friend of mine, Russ McGarry aka Rustyboy, is putting together a piece on WS for submission to "This American Life."  He's doing it on Hal Koerner - trying for another win, and KateMD as a first time WS runner just wanting to finish.  He's already been interviewing them, but at WS, he'll be following Hal to the end, then will double back and follow Kate to the end.  We're very excited for him.  Should be fantastic.

Leslie
            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance