Trail Runners

Dirty Trail Runners Monthly - July 2010 (Read 475 times)

Holy Smokes it's quiet around here-everyone must be in the woods somewhere....

Got a few minutes here at work to quickly check-in and let you know I'm happy with my results at the VT100 Endurance Run. I finished in 20:50:17, my random time goal based on thinking that the VT100 course was about 2 hrs faster than the Iroquois Trails 100 was 21:30. There was a 55% completion rate I believe due to the heat-temps got into the 80's and it was humid, typical for VT in July. 265 runners started however only 153 finished in the 30 hr time limit. I placed 29th overall, 7th female and technically 2nd female master but they don't recognize that. First female master was Kami Semick  (Northface runner) who was also first female overall-maybe they gave her both prizes. Some races double dip and some don't.

I'm feeling good-no major issues. Couple blisters but nothing that slowed me down too much. I'm working on a race report. Jack did a good job crewing and pacing me. We're off to Ohio in two weeks for him to run in the Burning River 100.

Hope everyone is well!

Kelly

Hardcore girlfriend. Well done. 

"Run slowly, run daily, drink in moderation, and don't eat like a pig" Dr. Ernst Van Aaken. Sorry ultrasteve.

Motivation has flagged a bit after the 40 miler. Missed two long runs in the last month. Trying to get more consistent. Lost some passion, smoked some 'bacco in ye old devil's chimney, enjoyed ye old whiskey and sup, and am now ye old fat. Feeling sluggish in the legs and winded. Trying to focus on forgetting all that and building my fitness, remaining consistent. It's tough with 4 kids and a 100 year old house with something always needing fixed, plus family gatherings with the extended family, trips for the summer, etc...Boo hoo, yada yada.

Focus. 1K repeats on the track are nice. Focusing my training on pace based running. Getting nice results from that. Gonna build my long runs back up again into the 20's. May look to hit another few 50K's and 50 milers and shoot for a 100 at the end of the year to finish the year out strong. Gotta maintain focus however. 

Later. Oh, by the way, have a look at Uranus. It's a beautiful work of creation. 

"Run slowly, run daily, drink in moderation, and don't eat like a pig" Dr. Ernst Van Aaken. Sorry ultrasteve.

Here's Uranus.

What, nobody wants to comment on Uranus?

Uranus is huge, may want to get that looked at! 
              Looks painful.  Is it "Uranus" aka "Ahemi"?

Leslie
              Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
              -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Imminent Catastrophe

Is there life on Uranus?

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Is there life on Uranus?

They're called "schmeglins."

Leslie
                  -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

There's a huge population of some unknown life form on Uranus though it appears to be benign. Uranus is huge, actually having a very strong gravitational pull on other bodies around it.

As far as getting looked at, Uranus has been extensively studied and photographed from a distance but never looked at close up. Who knows what interesting things exist on Uranus. The world may never know unless a trained crew of professionals go and check it out.

bwhahahahaha... so awesome.

This forum needed an injection of levity.  :-)

Buddo!!   Classic!  Absolutely classic!

Leslie
                        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance