Trail Runners

Neo-Trail Runners Extreme Team - July 2008 (Read 256 times)

No trail running yesterday. Did a 6-mile progression run Friday, then walked for 1.5 hours at Relay for Life Friday night. For some reason, my knee is very unhappy about it all. Decided to take yesterday off, with regard to running, but did do some cross-training in the form of yard work! Mowing, trimming, planting for about 3 hours. Probably wasn't the best thing for my knee either, but I am comfortably sore across the mid back. Used some muscles I hadn't in awhile. Probably the sweeping motion with the trimmer. Today road my bike on my trainer for the first time. Whew! Very good workout. But when I went to get off after an hour, my legs felt funny - like they still wanted to be pedaling. Smile Hope you all are having a great weekend.

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Ultrachick

I'm back! Jack and I had a great weekend at the VT100. He had an awesome race thanks to me! Big grin He finished 3rd again overall with a time of 16:41:00- about 11 minutes slower than last year mostly due to the heat. It was hot and humid-temps in the 80's. Andy Wilkins-Jones won in 16:07 and Kevin Sullivan was 2nd. Very exciting race with the 3 of them and Glen Redpath (who finished 5th) making up the lead pack. Jack is feeling good- a few minor blisters is all. I had fun too-got to see some familiar faces i only see at these races and make some new friends. Tell you more later! Kelly
      If you never go fast, you'll never go fast.
        Congratulations, Jack!!!!! Big grin Big grin

Leslie
        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

I'm back! Jack and I had a great weekend at the VT100. He had an awesome race thanks to me! Big grin He finished 3rd again overall with a time of 16:41:00- about 11 minutes slower than last year mostly due to the heat. It was hot and humid-temps in the 80's. Andy Wilkins-Jones won in 16:07 and Kevin Sullivan was 2nd. Very exciting race with the 3 of them and Glen Redpath (who finished 5th) making up the lead pack. Jack is feeling good- a few minor blisters is all. I had fun too-got to see some familiar faces i only see at these races and make some new friends. Tell you more later! Kelly
          Whoa, nice time! Does your hubby run low hr stuff too? I ran 10 miles Saturday, which were tough as I've only run once per week for the last month and have lost some fitness. My hips are still troubling me too, which is disappointing. This week starts a new training cycle starting with lower miles and slower progression with consistent crosstraining thrown in. Only three runs per week, every other day, with crosstraining calesthenics thrown in between. I have a suprise I'm peaking for that I'm not going to share. I've just got to get this hip thing figured out first... Fattie, have you recuperated yet? Feeling better emotionally? Ready to go again?

"Run slowly, run daily, drink in moderation, and don't eat like a pig" Dr. Ernst Van Aaken. Sorry ultrasteve.

Fattie, have you recuperated yet? Feeling better emotionally? Ready to go again?
            Oh yeah. Have definitely recovered mentally and physically. Am ready to go, and feel antsy that we have to wait 'til October for our next big event. Doing a 4-person relay in September that should be fun. On the Big Scale, though, we're crewing for Karen's sister, Kate, at the Headlands Hundred, in a couple of weeks, her first 100. Plus, the guy ran with me my last 2.5 miles at Forest Park will be pacing Kate for part of the run (am I repeating myself??). It'll be fun to see him again. Physically, I'm still nursing an irritated right knee (got lax with the PT exercises), so I'm not running this week and am continuing with cross-training on the stationary bike. I absolutely have to get a new seat. Yee-ouch! Shocked

Leslie
            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

Ultrachick

Whoa, nice time! Does your hubby run low hr stuff too? No he doesn't. He believes in the run until you puke method for speed workouts. He's afraid of a HR Monitor. He's the type that if he had one on the challenge would be to see how high he can get it to go. It's become a common training disagreement between us. When I complain about not being faster he thinks I spend too much time going slow and that I don't always push myself hard enoughg during my speed workouts because I'm always watching the monitor (which isn't true). I finished a 5K trail race last night at 183 bpm-it was an uphill finish and it was very humid out which contributed to the highness but I was also pushing to finish! On the flip side, I ran an early morning recovery run out and back on a paved rec path this morning and was able to do this: Mile Time Ave Max 1 9:26 135 Flat 2 9:15 145 150 Gradual uphill 3 8:59 148 151 Flat 4 9:10 147 150 Flat 5 8:42 146 151 Gradual downhill 6 8:56 147 152 Flat 3 years ago it was 142 bpm and 11:30 min/mile-I'm very happy! Hope your training goes well for your secret event. Good to hear from you! Kelly Where did I screw up so I'm not ansering in the quote box?
              If you never go fast, you'll never go fast.
                You wrote inside the maybe?? Nice HR training, Kelly. I wish I'd started doing it a long time ago. I think I'd be much more advanced in my running. Did my first run in over a week today, on the road, unfortunately. Knee doesn't feel too bad, although I can "tell" it's there. Kind of on the edge. Spent 1.5 hours in the gym this a.m., as well, learning the ropes of the various machines. Karen said as long as I go with her, I can get in free any time. I may be taking her up on this more. Although, hopefully my coach is coming to my house next weekend so he can look at all the equipment I have and set me up with a better training program. I need to work on my endurance. And speaking of endurance, my butt is enduring the crappy bike seat better! Yee haw! Big grin

Leslie
                -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance