Trail Runners

Whose got snowy trails by now?? (Read 258 times)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

We don't here in Southern Indiana, in fact we reached almost 70 degrees today Sad but my 5 and a half mile run on the trails this morning felt good at 47 degrees. I can't wait to run on the trails in snow, I haven't yet and I am excited. Right now I am pretty much doing my weekend long runs on the trails, It's a good way to be out there longer, though I do plan on doing a couple runs on the trails at night here soon, but it's going ot have to be a clear sky with the moon shining (B-E-A- UTIFUL).

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

we (Eastern Montana) had them about two weeks ago- ~ 8", but it's long gone now- also enjoying unseasonably warm weather, we got to 61 today!  Smile

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

We probably won't get snow on our trails for at least another month, and even then it doesn't tend to stick around long (at least at the lower elevations).  That said, the upper trails that are part of the White River 50 (July) and Cascade Crest 100 (August) will typically have snow until mid July.  (White River actually had snow on race day, the last weekend in July).  Can make training on the course problematic.

We're still in a snow drought in town. A couple slightly higher or north-facing trails have a little heavy frost or snow. Even the mountains are pretty dry right now. A new xc ski area was supposed to have its ribbon cutting ceremony a couple weeks ago, but it's postponed until there's snow.

We usually have snow by early October. After last year's snow, I'm not minding a slow start to this year's snowpack, but am getting tired of the glacial dust blown up by the winds. Fire hazard is really high. One spark can start a fire in grass near subdivisions (like thursday).

HS xc ski season is off to a slow start.

"So many people get stuck in the routine of life that their dreams waste away. This is about living the dream." - Cave Dog

Bone dry out here (Colorado).  Becoming quite worrisome. 

I'm originally from southern Indiana... Evansville.  What part are you from, FreeSoul87?

Snow? Yes. Trails, not so much. Where I am in Finland, we've had a couple of good snows (including a few inches last night), but I don't have much in the way of trails. Just paved bike/pedestrian paths and well-groomed dirt. I love running in the snow, though.

Wandering Wally

Not yet.  I live in northern Michigan and our trails have no snow on them.  We had about 2 inches up until yesterday, but then it rained and washed it all off.  I'm sure by Christmas we'll have our fair share.

Run!  Just Run!

Trail Runner Nation Podcast

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Bone dry out here (Colorado).  Becoming quite worrisome. 

I'm originally from southern Indiana... Evansville.  What part are you from, FreeSoul87?

Mainly Evansville, but our home is in Chandler. My work and many of my runs are in Evansville, though my trail runs are either at Angel Mounds Boat ramp trails, Wesselman's Nature Center Trails or John James Audubon Park.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Mainly Evansville, but our home is in Chandler. My work and many of my runs are in Evansville, though my trail runs are either at Angel Mounds Boat ramp trails, Wesselman's Nature Center Trails or John James Audubon Park.

Small world!  I built some of the trails at Angel Mounds! 

Can you run at Wesselman's now?  Back when I lived there, you could only "walk"... they would chase down runners in a golf cart.  Smile

There's a good loop around Scale's Lake in Boonville too... since you're in Chandler. 

sugnim

No snow here in Western Montana.  Nothing but rain.  Looks like it will be a brown Christmas this year.

Snowdenrun

Just got the first snow that stuck in SE Alaska. About 6-7 inches in town, but 2-3 inches on the trails under the tree cover.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

we just got another light dump ~ 5", it won't be going anywhere for at least a little while as the temps are only supposed to top in the teens today

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Occasional Runner

We've had snow on the upper trails in the Wasatch since mid October. But we've been getting snow here for 2 days now and everything is covered. I'm not a fan.

Wandering Wally

Between Friday and Sunday we got about 5" over the weekend.  Trails are all snow covered now but not deep enough to keep me off of them yet.

Run!  Just Run!

Trail Runner Nation Podcast

We finally got a little bit of snow at lower elevations a day or two ago. Had a nice run on very shallow (1/2in?) snow today. It was nice to not be running in all that glacial grit dust. We're supposed to get dumped on tonight and tomorrow.

"So many people get stuck in the routine of life that their dreams waste away. This is about living the dream." - Cave Dog