Trail Runners

Trail Runners Extreme Team - August 2009 (Read 377 times)

Okay - I did it.  . . . . . . I signed up for AR50.  Ack!!  I felt like I was gonna get heart palpitations as my hand hovered over the final button, but with a big shwoosh of outward breath, I did it.  And it cost me $125, so I have to run it!  Emailed my coach and told him we needed to talk soon so I could start getting my head wrapped around this.  I know, it's still 7 months away, but then again, it's only 7 months away!  This is craziness, I tell ya.  Craziness.

Awesome! There will be LOTS of reasons you have to run it now-pride, $, potential shame and inability to live with yourself if you don't. It's really amazing to see the complexity of motivations that go in in someone in this situation. Maybe it's just the therapist in me. You are in for a treat. I love that feeling of anticipation/anxiety that precedes an event. It will drive your training and wake you in the night. You already know this of course. Way to go. I'm excited for you! 

1 run of 4.5 two days ago after a 2 week layoff. No pain yet. Will repeat tonight to see what happens. Running in the dreaded high heel trail shoes to ease the stretch on the ankle. 

"Run slowly, run daily, drink in moderation, and don't eat like a pig" Dr. Ernst Van Aaken. Sorry ultrasteve.

Imminent Catastrophe

Well, after signing up for AR50 last night...

Wow, I just looked at the elevation profile for AR50. It's OK to cry.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Wow, I just looked at the elevation profile for AR50. It's OK to cry.

No kidding!!  Ascent: 3,474 ft

A race that flat would really hurt, with all the repetitive pounding!