Trail Runners

Who wears INOV-8? (Read 720 times)

Just curious which INOV-8 shoe some of you may wear and why?  I use the Roclite 305 for the single track.  Has incredible grip for switchbacks and slippery muddy conditions.  I also use the F-lite 300 for long fire road runs.   I just ordered a pair of Roclite 295's.  Curious on how they might feel compared to the 305. 
    A bad day on the trail is better than a good day at work.

Get Lost :)

I don't but am interested in them. There's just nowhere that I know of nearby me to actually try a pair. I hear they have a really light racer that might be suitable for what I want.
        If REI carries them, you can probably order them online.  I believe REI lets you actually run in the shoe, and if you don't like it, you can return it.

Leslie
        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Imminent Catastrophe

Terroc 330-lightweight, flexible off-road shoe, good for trails but not a lot of protection from rocks/roots.

Roclite 320-I just got these. Tough, protective shoe for long ultras, rocks, roots. Very aggressive tread. Still light compared to the competition.

F-lite 230PK-super-light minimal shoe for roads, I like this for road runs, it's more protective than Fivefingers but very light, flexible and fits like a slipper. 

I like all of them, for different purposes. They are hard to find but Zappos carries them and has great customer service. I got the Terrocs at a local place but couldn't find the others locally.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

The best online store I can find is Mountain Plus Outdoor Gear.  They have a great deal going with INOV-8 right now.  Free shipping and a free pair of INOV-8 socks with a shoe purchase.  Best deal I could find.  The INOV-8 site is full of useful information about where your local INOV-8 dealer is.  

Happy

I don't have any Inov-8s but I know Zombierunner.com sells them too.
              5K, 4/28/07 24:16 PR 10K, 5/5/07 49:23 PR 1/2 M, 12/08/07 1:49:34 PR Marathon, 12/09/06 3:57:37 BQ 50K, 10/04/2009 7:27:00 PB 40M, 4/17/2010 11:20:00 PB

Imminent Catastrophe

I don't have any Inov-8s but I know Zombierunner.com sells them too.

Yes, I like Zombierunner.com but their inventory of Inov-8 is typically very small and odd sizes. Worth checking though!

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Get Lost :)

They need to work on their product names. I guess their company name should have tipped me off.
                    They need to work on their product names. I guess their company name should have tipped me off.

Too many numbers to deal with? 

Gringo runner

I occasionally wear the rock-lite 305s and agree they have great lugs.  They are a little narrow and feel much better now that I've taken the insoles out.  My favorite trails shoes, though, are VFF Treks and NB 790's because of the lighter and more natural feel.

Enjoy life... this is not a rehearsal.

I have a couple of pairs and like them quite a bit.  Not sure of the models though...I can't keep the model+weight naming convention in memory. 

HoosierDaddy

GreyBeard

I've really liked mine but am going to try some new balances for two reasons:

1)  Too many models - I love my 305 but can't find them anymore - I was told they are d/c that model.  Otherwise I am confused as to what to try.

2)  Hard to find INOV-8 once I do think I know which style. 

I do think the company has some great ideas (the hydration packs are great re: water around waist) and the shoes are very light and sturdy.

• Black Canyon 100k
                          • RRR
                          • Zane Grey 100k
                          • High Lonesome 100
                          • Wyoming Range 100 (?)
                          • The Bear 100
                          • Javelina Jundred (?)

Just curious which INOV-8 shoe some of you may wear and why?  I use the Roclite 305 for the single track.  Has incredible grip for switchbacks and slippery muddy conditions.

I wear the same and for the same reasons.

Run to Win
                            25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

Started trail running in ernest about 2 months ago.  This week I retired one of the three pair in my road rotation and thought it was time to get a trail-specific shoe since I have been running 1 or 2 trails per week......mayb 4 to 7 miles per run.  Based on what I have read here, you guys convinced me to give the Inov-8 a try.  Today I tried on 5 different trail shoes and settled on the Inov-8 Roclite 295.  Here is what I tried...

1.  Asics GT 2150 Trail.  My favorite daily trainers are Asics Nimbus, so I had to give these a try.  As predicted, they have predictable (great) fit, but they fit like a glove and I thought too tight in the toes and toe box to withstand too much down-hill pounding.  To my surprise, I ranked these 3rd of the 5 I tried.

2.  Brooks Cascadia 5.  Felt REALLY great.  Felt like my Adrenalines with plenty of room in the toe-box.  I ranked these 2nd out of the 5.

3.  Montrail.  I know a bunch of people who are Montrail fanatics and love their shoes.  Didn't like them.  The arch was too far back which had the support pushing on the front of my heel.......like it had a serious heel cup.  I was afraid that this shoe would really cause me problems......not even in consideration.

4.  Inov-8 Roclite 295.  These are as light as any shoe I have ever worn in my running.  Fit perfect with the right type of support and room where it will matter.  I have high hopes for these shoes.

5.  Hoka OneOne.  Not only were these too pricey ($170), they are the most bizarre shoe I have ever tried on.  Talk about the antithesis of minimalist.......it felt like there were 3 inches of cussioning and they have a very strange rocker-like profile......almost like those stupid Sketcher Shape-up THINGS.  The sole was extremely squishy......could probably step on a golf ball and not feel it.  Just too strange in my opinion......and couldn't get over the price and the gimick factor.

Wish me luck in my new Inov-8!!!!!

Keep the running and fitness up and keep the weight from coming back.

Run more miles than last year.

choppersean

No need for luck.  The Roclite 295 will treat your feet just fine.  They will go anywhere you dare.  Mud, ice, snow, fire roads, single track...just not the pavement.

So, how have they been so far?