Trail Runners

Local Trail info please - PerfesserR (Read 379 times)

Kalsarikännit

Huh? Where? That's news to me. I thought it was a state law--no beer on Sundays. Church and State separation be damned! 

The bars and restaurants.  I know you can't get booze to go anywhere in the state, but in Fanin County you can't even get a bloody mary on Sundays, or have a beer and watch a football game at a bar.  If I was a restaurant owner and was losing all my customers that want a glass of wine with dinner because they are driving an extra 10 minutes to the next county, I'd be a very unhappy camper.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

Ostrich runner

I used to wait tables in a ski lodge in a dry county.  Sucked.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Indy/forum

Imminent Catastrophe

The bars and restaurants.  I know you can't get booze to go anywhere in the state, but in Fanin County you can't even get a bloody mary on Sundays, or have a beer and watch a football game at a bar.  If I was a restaurant owner and was losing all my customers that want a glass of wine with dinner because they are driving an extra 10 minutes to the next county, I'd be a very unhappy camper.

Heh, I never thought I'd think of Gilmer County as "enlightened". Good to know we're a few decades ahead of Fannin. 

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016