Trail Runners

Unbreakable (Read 212 times)

Just watch "Unbreakable," JB Benna's documentary re the 2010 WS race.  Excellent!!

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Imminent Catastrophe

I want to see that!

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

It was really good.  That's the year my friend, Kate, got into  WS and her sister and I crewed for her.  Our buddy, Russ (3 nonjoggers) did an audio piece on Kate and Hal Koerner (2-time winner trying for a third versus the perspective a first time runner just wanting to finish).  He's in a number of the shots because of his following Hal.

Watching the movie brought back a lot of good memories.  We were sitting out at Michigan Bluff waiting for Kate to come through, and Karen's housesitter was following the race on line and texting us with updates of the showdown.  It was an amazing, exciting thing to be a part of.

Leslie
        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Imminent Catastrophe

Now that Krupicka is running Tarawera (we're the only two Yanks in the 100k) I need to see this. 

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016