Trail Runners

Any 2008 Western States hopefuls in the group? (Read 226 times)

I know Lynn is in the lottery, but was wondering if anyone else here on the RA board is?
    Next up: A 50k in ? Done: California-Oregon-Arizona-Nevada (x2)-Wisconsin-Wyoming-Utah-Michigan-Colorado

You'll ruin your knees!

Yup, I'm in...lottery's this weekend...it'll determine my entire race schedule for 2008. This is my second attempt in the lottery, looks like about 1:20 chance in getting picked. If not this year, next year is automatic unless they change the rules... Lynn B [fingers crossed emoticon]

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

I'm not in the lottery, but 3 of my friends are. They are having a lottery party this weekend.

Run to Win
        25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

Yup, I'm in...lottery's this weekend...it'll determine my entire race schedule for 2008. This is my second attempt in the lottery, looks like about 1:20 chance in getting picked. If not this year, next year is automatic unless they change the rules... Lynn B [fingers crossed emoticon]
          Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

Imminent Catastrophe

I'm pulling for you too, for selfish reasons: I expect a great RR! 1 in 20? Yikes, I didn't realize it's such low odds. Good luck! (Can I say, "break a leg"?)

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Wasatch Speedgoat

I'm a Hardrock man.....so no W$ for me. 6 Hardrock attempts, one finish....it's a tough mutha'! Good luck, Lynn! Steve

Life is short, play hard!

You'll ruin your knees!

I'm a Hardrock man.....so no W$ for me. 6 Hardrock attempts, one finish....it's a tough mutha'! Good luck, Lynn! Steve
                If my number doesn't get pulled for Western, definitely will be applying for Hardrock. Too many good stories coming back from other Texans going up there. Hafta try it. Lynn B

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

I hope your name is pulled, Lynn! I thought of going to the drawing, but we're going to head up to Tahoe to cut down the poor tree that will soon be in our living room decorated with glass and lights Wink.
                  Next up: A 50k in ? Done: California-Oregon-Arizona-Nevada (x2)-Wisconsin-Wyoming-Utah-Michigan-Colorado

Wasatch Speedgoat

Once you go to Hardrock, you become possessed...not caring about other 100's. I paced Sue J. there to a win in 2000 and have been going back every year. Made some good Texan friends, too...Joe P., Paul T. and many others. My wife is from Fort Worth. I never really enjoyed Wasatch and i have 2 finishes there. 3 finishes at Massanutten and I always enjoy that one. My 2nd favorite might be Bighorn, finished that one in 04. A couple at Vermont and might run that one again this year as it is my 10th anniversary of running there in my first 100. I'll be watching the website to see what buds of mine got into W$!

Life is short, play hard!

If my number doesn't get pulled for Western, definitely will be applying for Hardrock. Too many good stories coming back from other Texans going up there. Hafta try it. Lynn B
                      Good luck getting into Hardrock! I'm sorry you didn't make it into Western States. My buddy Jamie made it in the first round of lotty entrants, but neither of the other guys got in. They are going to run Masanucket instead.

Run to Win

You'll ruin your knees!

Yup, I'm a 2 time loser in the WS lottery, so under current rules, that means I am automatically in for 2009. Rumor is, however, that there are too many 2 time losers and the rules will be changed before then. We'll just have to see. Ok, on to plan B... Lynn B

Yup, I'm a 2 time loser in the WS lottery, so under current rules, that means I am automatically in for 2009. Rumor is, however, that there are too many 2 time losers and the rules will be changed before then. We'll just have to see. Ok, on to plan B...
                          We were talking about that. All 3 of my friends thought that they needed to change the rules for automatic entry, but they also thought that rules such as the 2 time loser should be grandfathered so that people that missed out this year could keep going. Personally, I think that they should remove the 50 mile qualifier and stick with just the 100 mile qualifier for it. I don't know how much that would cut the pack, but for a popular race like this you should put in your dues before you can run.

Run to Win

So we'll see you in 2009, lynn......

Imminent Catastrophe

Yup, I'm a 2 time loser in the WS lottery, so under current rules, that means I am automatically in for 2009. Rumor is, however, that there are too many 2 time losers and the rules will be changed before then. We'll just have to see. Lynn B
                              Well, there's always Hardrock Wink

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016