Trail Runners

The Best and the Worst of 2008 (Read 260 times)

In 2008, what was your worst experience running, but more importantly, what was your best? Worst - First DNF at SOB 50k , Ashland, OR Best - Finished first ultra (and proudly came in DFL!), Forest Park 50k, Portland, OR Also, my increased speed and endurance.

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

My best was easy. That was finishing my first 100 miler, the Leadville 100, last August. http://www.chrisgerber.com/outdoors/trip-reports/lt100-20080816.cgi The worst.. hmm... none of them were awful, even the awful ones were fun in their own sick twisted ways. I guess I'd have to say the LBL 50 miler in Kentucky was my worst. It was a fun race, but this big clydesdale should not have gone out at a 50 mile in 8-8.5 hours pace. The first 25 miles zipped by so effortlessly... the 2nd 25 miles... err... not so much. Tongue My little epic on the Colorado Trail probably gets an honorable mention too, though it was kind of fun, in a stressful we're going to spend the night out in the snow at 10,000 feet with no lights sort of way: http://www.chrisgerber.com/outdoors/trip-reports/ct-epic-20080510.cgi

Wasatch Speedgoat

Worst: Running a personal worst in a road marathon Best: Finishing Hardrock...again.

Life is short, play hard!

worst: running personal worst at Boston and the San Diego RnR best: my first 50k in Sept and San Antonio in November. The worst part of last year was the constant calf injuries that spilled over into this year. I hope that once I kick it, I'll be able to avoid it again in the future. Best laid plans and all...

Jennifer mm#1231

Carl A

Worst: A 9-hour, 31-mile commute / training run home from work, which, because of some cheap shorts, a thunderstorm, and no BodyGlide or even Vaseline at the minimarts, was largely a battle of mind vs. chafing Best: Waking up three hours later to bike back into work the next morning, and making it there easily After doing both of these, I knew I could finish my 100.

Speed my steps along your path, according to your will.

Best: Waking up three hours later to bike back into work the next morning, and making it there easily After doing both of these, I knew I could finish my 100.
              Well, I guess so! Life - Are you going back to Desert High this year? I want to do the 50k this time 'round.

Leslie
              Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
              -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance