Trail Runners

question about recovery (Read 294 times)

I commented on your site, but great job, Perfesser.  Way to gut it out.  Take care of that ankle.  I did mine in completely about 10 years ago and was amazed at how long it took to recover (years, for what I did). 

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Imminent Catastrophe

Thanks Leslie, it's a bit better today and I did a little elliptical so I know I can at least get some good cardio in while it heals.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

I've used an elliptical once.  Now that was a physically awkward 30 min!

Leslie
        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Happy

PerfesserR,

I enjoyed reading your race report - and what beautiful photos!!!! 

At first I thought I had clicked on the wrong link - your report was so professional looking; then I realized it was a personal report which I very much appreciate. You did go through a less than perfect race - it can be hard to swallow when you've prepared so hard for it. 

You've run an amazing number of marathons---------------- is it 30?! WOW!

I recognize the feeling you described of forgetting that there was a problem (the twisted ankle a few weeks back) and then all of a sudden remembering it again when the pain comes. 

I know there are some better marathons in the pipeline for you. It's interesting that you like the elliptical for cross training. I like it too but it stresses my legs when I want recovery so I try not to use it much on recovery days - it's just me being crazy, I'm sure.

Good luck on healing fast.

5K, 4/28/07 24:16 PR 10K, 5/5/07 49:23 PR 1/2 M, 12/08/07 1:49:34 PR Marathon, 12/09/06 3:57:37 BQ 50K, 10/04/2009 7:27:00 PB 40M, 4/17/2010 11:20:00 PB