Trail Runners

Neo Trai Runners Extreme Team - OCTOBER 2008 (Read 399 times)

Kitrin

Me, the Barbie version

I have nothing to report. I am simply checking in. I drove to Austin yesterday to see my husband and back today. We met up with an old friend for the evening who we have not seen for 5 years and that took all our free time. Now I am woefully behind on my homework. I plan to run tomorrow. Greg, it sounds like you were lucky to not come down with hypothermia. I agree with Leslie that you should go and buy appropriate clothing. Still, I have to say, "You are one tough guy and I admire that." Thanks for the advice about the hamstrings. I did forget to stretch after my short run on Sunday. I just spaced it. Lesson learned. Kitrin
      Did you run today Kitrin? Evil grin

"Run slowly, run daily, drink in moderation, and don't eat like a pig" Dr. Ernst Van Aaken. Sorry ultrasteve.

Question of the Day - Did Kitrin run or do any other kind of work out?? Big grin I don't get back on the trails until Saturday, but am checking in anyway. Because of the climbing involved at the Desert High 30k, I have A LOT of hill work in my future, including this morning. Thankfully, tomorrow I can either put in a 3-mile run or 30 min on the stationary bike, or rest. I think I'll take advantage of the later. Plus, after providing my coach with info regarding last Saturday's workout, he's upped my aerobic HR range from 145-155 to 150-160. Shocked I think The Hub told Coach he's in need of the life insurance on me and has offered him a portion of it if he'll kill me. Wink Hey - Other than that, things a fairly hunky dory!

Leslie
        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Sounds good. How do you feel running at that heart rate?

"Run slowly, run daily, drink in moderation, and don't eat like a pig" Dr. Ernst Van Aaken. Sorry ultrasteve.

Kitrin

Me, the Barbie version

Sorry Greg. I did not intend to slack, it simply worked out that way. I am back from 1:15 on the tougher trail that I run. My legs are pretty tired, but they appear to be recovering okay right now. I started slow, worked the hills pretty hard, and finished rather slowly. I did find some energy to speed up for the last 1/4 mile or so a the finish. About halfway through the run, I met a woman walking the trail (for the second time) who ran before she messed up her back about a year ago. We started chatting, so I took about five minutes to walk with her and visit. It is good to make new friends. I scared the biggest herd of turtles that I have ever seen into a pond and startled the same blue heron several times. They may be beautiful birds, but they sound dreadful when they croak, lol. I really am trying to stay on track. Kitrin
              Sounds good. How do you feel running at that heart rate?
              We'll see. It has been hard, on my regular runs, keeping the HR around 155 and not higher. And it takes me "awhile" to reach the 145 mark. At least with the high point of 160, my monitor won't be beeping at me so much. That's a positive!

Leslie
              -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

Good to hear Kitrin. No slacking. Keep running. If you can only do a mile, go do it. I slept in today and missed my 3 miler, so I'll hit it on my lunch break. You just make it happen. You gotta commit in your mind to making it happen. We'll be here encouraging you. In what way is it hard Leslie? To get it that high? To stay under it? What is your max hr? Maffetone, low hr guru, would place your top number at 180-age for a starting point. Your numbers sound high. How is your breathing at that rate? High in the chest?

Once I get up around 155, it goes over and ends up wanting to sit around 160. My breathing isn't terribly hard there, but it definitely is taking some getting used to, especially for the legs. Is the breathing high in the chest? Hmmm - I don't think so. The colder air is screwing with my asthma though. Rat B*$&%$. Big grin I took today off 'cause I'm just plain tired right now and need the break. Unfortunately, my inner clock, and Wilson the Cat, thought I was still suppose to be up by 4:30/5:00. Undecided That sucked. Okay - I guess I should get ready for work. Boy, the wind is really howling out there! Happy Halloween!!

Leslie
                  -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

Ultrachick

Hi Everyone-Looks like you are doing fine. Just a quick check-in before I go for my run. It's reached the high of 50 and it's blue sky, sunshine and a breeze blowing out of the south so I'll go east/west for most of it. Been busy with anatomy-tests due by Monday. Also busy gaining a couple new clients-don't be too excited because I've dropped the one that blew me off a couple weeks ago-still haven't heard from her. Happy Halloween! Kelly
                    If you never go fast, you'll never go fast.
                      I've dropped the one that blew me off a couple weeks ago-still haven't heard from her. Kelly
                      Good for you!

Leslie
                      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance