Trail Runners

2012 Fools 50k & 25k Trail Run - April 1 (Read 315 times)

Hello trail runners,

Announcing that registration for the 2012 Fools 50k & 25k Trail Run is now open.  (NE Ohio)

The Fools Trail Run is held on part of the Burning River 100 course (miles 63-73.) Same course. 99.5% pavement-free. Part of the Western Reserve Trail Running series for 2012.

Event date: Sunday, April 1, 2012.

If anyone has any questions please let me know.

roots
    http://fools50k.org

http://wrtr.org

(Thread modified to update for 2012 event.)

RunsOnDirt

I ran the 25K and had a blast - at least for the first 12 miles until the tank went dry.  The course was great and the Ledges were spectacular.  But the frozen footprints meant even the smooth stretches were not.  Coming from the flatlands, I also wasn't ready for all the ups and downs and my quads are pretty sore today.  The race management and staging were great.  Overall a great event and I hope to be back next year.

PRs in my 5th decade: 5K - 19:56 10K - 43:45 10 M - 1:14:12 Half Mary - 1:39:27 Full Mary - 3:34:12 (BQ)

I ran the 25K and had a blast - at least for the first 12 miles until the tank went dry.  The course was great and the Ledges were spectacular.  But the frozen footprints meant even the smooth stretches were not.  Coming from the flatlands, I also wasn't ready for all the ups and downs and my quads are pretty sore today.  The race management and staging were great.  Overall a great event and I hope to be back next year.

Glad to hear you enjoyed it.

Be sure to check out the high quality photo set by Paul Ferrer. Link here.

roots

(Lloyd)

RunsOnDirt

Lloyd - Again it was a great event.  Thanks to you and all the volunteers.  My only complaint is that the Winking Lizard didn't open until 11:00 - too late for me to stick around.  Maybe next year you can get them to open a bit earlier.

PRs in my 5th decade: 5K - 19:56 10K - 43:45 10 M - 1:14:12 Half Mary - 1:39:27 Full Mary - 3:34:12 (BQ)

The answer for your problem is to run the 50k next year. That should put you in the lizard right on time!

RunsOnDirt

Why didn't I think of that?

Bumping last year's thread because registration for the 2012 event opens at 12:00 p.m. ET on January 3.

This is the first year we're using online registration only, so I'm not sure how quickly it will fill. It shouldn't. If anyone is concerned about not being able to sign-up right at Noon, let me know and I will ensure your spot.

Happy trails!