Trail Runners

First Time Out (Read 169 times)

Beware, batbear...

Well, I took the dog out for a little over an hour on Saturday morning in the snow.  It was a fantastic run!  We went at a pretty good clip, took a couple of wrong turns and were surprised to see how many tracks were already out there in the fresh snow even though we were out pretty early.

It was a lot of fun and I think that I'm going to start doing most of my long runs on that trail.  It was interesting to be right in the thick of Asheville, but it felt like I was out in the middle of the woods.  In a former life, I spent some time as a wilderness counselor and it was cool to be back out there in the woods.

Thanks for all the advice!

Happy Trails.

2014 Goal -- Run 5X per week, pain-free (relatively) by end of summer.

Well, I took the dog out for a little over an hour on Saturday morning in the snow.  It was a fantastic run!  We went at a pretty good clip, took a couple of wrong turns and were surprised to see how many tracks were already out there in the fresh snow even though we were out pretty early.

It was a lot of fun and I think that I'm going to start doing most of my long runs on that trail.  It was interesting to be right in the thick of Asheville, but it felt like I was out in the middle of the woods.  In a former life, I spent some time as a wilderness counselor and it was cool to be back out there in the woods.

Thanks for all the advice!

Happy Trails.

glad you enjoyed it.  welcome to the happy trails!

Next up: A 50k in ? Done: California-Oregon-Arizona-Nevada (x2)-Wisconsin-Wyoming-Utah-Michigan-Colorado
        Nice!

Leslie
        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance