Trail Runners

Trail Runners Extreme Team - August 2009 (Read 377 times)

...---...

This topic deserves it;s own post: Ultrachick - Best of luck in your  100 miler  !!!!

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Good luck ultrachick...tapering sucks!

Well, after signing up for AR50 last night . . . . I had a total and complete meltdown at Mile 13.5 today.  My first.  I just sat down on the side of the trail and started crying halfway through the first of what was suppose to be 3 climbs up #12.  I guess this past week's activities took more out of me than I realized, and my legs were just absolute toast.  The thought of having to finish that first climb, let alone 3 of them, was more than I could take.  I got up and started the climb again and finally said that's it.  I had gone about .10 of a mile down when I met Karen and Charlie coming up and I almost lost it again.  I turned around and started climbing with her, but it was no good.  She helped me get through another 2.5 miles for a total of 16.

I think it would be smart to not run my 10 tomorrow and take an extra rest day.  And I guess it's better to fall apart now than right before Big Sur.

Leslie
        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Imminent Catastrophe

There's no crying in ultrarunning!

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

There's no crying in ultrarunning!

Bite me!   And for the record, I have total and complete control over this thread and can censor you like crazy, so you better be nice to me.

Leslie
            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

Imminent Catastrophe

Bite me!   And for the record, I have total and complete control over this thread and can censor you like crazy, so you better be nice to me.

I'm being nice. Tough love, ya know.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Ultrachick

Yo Dudes!  Crying is allowed....it's how us girls practice our mental toughness-some days we give in to it and some days we are able to shut our minds off and push through it.  I'm sure this won't be the first or last time that Leslie cries over training for her first 50.  So when she is man enough to admit that she broke down and cried then all we can do is be here for her, tell her it's OK and she'll be all the more stronger to handle it the next time.

I cry on runs-it's usually because I didn't turn my head off and got myself all worked up about whatever is bothering me in my life but then I block it out by focusing on my breathing or some other body part and get over it (of course it resurfaces sometime later on).

Thanks for luck on my 100-I'm feeling pretty confident which I don't like because I'm afraid I'll blow it somehow.  It will be fine-there are some familiar names registered from last year which will make it special and there are a couple other friends from VT who are going too which is cool.

Have a good rest of the weekend-Kelly

If you never go fast, you'll never go fast.
                Kitrin

Me, the Barbie version

Okay - I did it.  . . . . . . I signed up for AR50

Woo Hoo, Leslie!  Away you go!  You will conquer this like you have the others. 

Kelly, that video is tough to watch.  It made ME want to throw up.  I am glad I was not there to smell it, lol.

Yo Dudes!  Crying is allowed....it's how us girls practice our mental toughness-

Yeah!  What Kelly said!   And Perfesser - I knew you were going with the tuff luv trick, but I just had to give you an ole " Bite me" back or it just wouldn't have felt right.

Leslie
                    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

...---...

Now ladies, don't let Perfesser kid you. I've "known" him for a while and he's just messing around (but you probably know that). I also happen to know he doesn't get emotional; however, he did comment once that his eye balls may sweat on occasion.

I'm not sure what I'll feel like out there on the trail next weekend, and crossing the 50K finish line - but my eye balls may sweat a little too. Cryining? No. Eye ball sweating? Yes. Most probable. 

Overall temps this weekend (and upcoming week) are lower - THANK YOU COLD FRONT - and despite possibility of a little rain, should be awesome running weather. 

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Eyeball Sweat - I like that!!

Runner - This is going to be your first 50k, right?  You're gonna kick a$$, and yeah, I bet there'll be a little bit of eyeball sweating involved.  Well-deserved eyeball sweating.  (And yes, we knew Prof was kidding.  Lots of good-natured ribbing goes on around here. )

Slept in 'til about 8:30 this morning, which rarely ever happens, and it felt really good.  I'm still really tired, but it was a relief to know I didnt' have to get up and run.  The Hub, who was suppose to be gone 'til Monday but came home last night, as me what I had planned for today.  As I was sitting on my duff in our oversized chair at the time, I said, "Yer lookin' at it," and except for watering, I don't plan on doing anything.  Except maybe napping, which sounds really good right now.

Hope you all are enjoying your Sunday.

Leslie
                        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

Good luck at your 50k , Trey.  That's this coming weekend, right?  Which one is it?

I don't see how you do it Leslie.  An entire day in a chair.  I'm way too type A for that... I'd wind up killing someone. 

...---...

Good luck at your 50k , Trey.  That's this coming weekend, right?  Which one is it?

Thanks Chris. And Thanks Leslie. Yes this weekend. It's the Lunch's Woods 50K. Small local-ish race.

http://ultrasontrails.com/

-

It's one of 4 in a series. The entry fee was $0.00. That's right, free. The RD only asked for donations to help stock the aid stations, pay for the finishers awards, and pay for the post race BBQ. Here's part of the note the RD sent us this weekend. Not bad for zero dollar entry fee.

-

-

The picnic shelter aid station will be well-stocked with food and drinks: Water, Powerade, Ultra Fuel, Coke, Pepsi, Mountain Dew, Potato Chips, Fritos, Cheese Crackers, Pretzels, Cold boiled Potatoes & salt, PB&J sandwiches, Cookies, Bananas, Watermelon and more stuff, plus Ice, Succeed 'S Caps, Tums, Ibuproprin, vaseline, bandaids, hopefully, everything you could want or need. There will also be a self-serve aid station about midway on the loop with water, Powerade, some Clif mini-bars, granola bars, etc. You are required to carry at least one water bottle. In keeping with my goal to make my events more environmentally-friendly, you are expected to drink from your own water bottle at the aid stations. There will be a limited number of paper cups available and this greatly reduces the amount of waste and the amount of paper products used. Also, all plastic, aluminum, glass will be taken to our recycling center nearby.

There will be food at the finish - pulled pork sandwiches, hot dogs, homemade soup - prepared by Chef Paul.

Primitive camping is allowed in the park at Holly Springs and it is really primitive, no facilities. There are two water spigots and a restroom by the picnic shelter, but I don't advise camping there. If you are planning to camp, e-mail me for more information and instructions.

If for some reason you will not be able to participate in the run, please e-mail and let me know. This helps me with the planning, the amount of food to purchase, the number of finisher's awards for me to make. Showers will be available at the Newberry YMCA, about 1 mile from the park, if you finish before 5 PM, as that is when the YMCA closes.

There are no cut-off times. I want to see all of you runners finish, no matter how long it takes you. The extended weather forcast is calling for a high of 85, low of 66 and scattered thunderstorms, but we all know that can change between now and then. Just be sure to drink, drink, drink. Also, take a minute at the aid station to look at the wide array of food offered. I feel certain you will find something that appeals to you.

So, everyone, come prepared to have a fun day running in the woods.

See you all Sept. 6th.

Terri Hayes - RD

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Florida

It's one of 4 in a series. The entry fee was $0.00. That's right, free. The RD only asked for donations to help stock the aid stations, pay for the finishers awards, and pay for the post race BBQ. Here's part of the note the RD sent us this weekend. Not bad for zero dollar entry fee.

Wow.  This looks awesome.  Good luck Saturday!

I don't see how you do it Leslie.  An entire day in a chair.  I'm way too type A for that... I'd wind up killing someone. 

Chris, it's not often I do that, but exhausted can't even begin to describe my state of physical being after the last two weeks.  Literally, getting up and moving the stupid sprinkler around the yard made me breath heavy.  I really needed to do absolutely nothing.  I'm not a Type A, but I am someone who sits for a few minutes, then gets up and sweeps, sits for a few minutes, gets up and does laundry, etc.  Drives The Hub crazy.

Trey - That race sounds great.  Again, you're gonna do absolutely awesome.

Was suppose to have today off, but after a pleading phone message from my boss yesterday, I went in for 4.5 hours and finished getting the office straightened up.  Upon lifting the first box, I promptly called and scheduled a much needed and deserved massage.  Good lord, it felt good, but wasn't nearly long enough nor was the pressure hard enough, but then it never is.

Tomorrow I start my new part-time job.  Think I'll be getting off on the right foot if I bring in a box of goodies??  Cripes, I haven't started a new job in over 11 years.  To say the least, I'm a little apprehensive.

Have a good week.  And remember - new thread starts tomorrow!

Leslie
                                -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance