Trail Runners

Neo-Trail Runners Extreme Team - August 2008 (Read 375 times)

Welcome to August, folks! Been kinda slow around here these days. Guess people are doin' lots of trail running! I'm getting back out there tomorrow. Haven't run a trail since SOB. Took time for recovery of the knee. It's feeling better, but I need to keep working on it. The popping is subsiding again, so that's a plus! In case you have seen it, check out Kelly's RR at http://www.runningahead.com/groups/ultra/Forum/b74c3db880ed4de69a9630385fa55fa8. She is a trail running animal! Big grin

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Ultrachick

Thanks Leslie for posting the link to my RR. I'm making it official that I indeed was the first female master to finish. I've been in touch with the race director and hopefully I'll exchange medals. I realize this is a silly issue but I've never finished first at much of anything. Even on last year's VT50 results I won my age group but the results show me second because the woman in first really did the 50K and they never fixed it. I went for a nice trail run with some friends last night. Since I was with them, I didn't walk as much as I usually do but they were also keeping a pace I could maintain up most of the hills. I'll work on posting some pictures of my race this weekend-aaahhhhh....a weekend at home to try and get up on things. Have a good one! Kelly
      If you never go fast, you'll never go fast.
        I've been in touch with the race director and hopefully I'll exchange medals. I realize this is a silly issue but I've never finished first at much of anything. Kelly
        That's not a silly issue. I'd do the same thing. You work hard for your achievements, and you deserve the proper recognition. Now, we want a picture of that First Place medal when you get it! PS - Enjoy your weekend at home. Smile MTA - I can't remember - did you post your race report link over at 40s??

Leslie
        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

An hour on the trails this a.m. for the first time since SOB. Felt good! Taking it easy these couple of weeks has really rejuvenated me. Next weekend we head to the Bay Area to pace Kate the Headlands Hundred. Woo hoo!

Leslie
          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

Ultrachick

Great pics, Kelly! You should print up the one of you in the river. Classic!

Leslie
              -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

I know I don't post very much but I do check the forum often to see what people are up to. I did a 12 mile trail run over the weekend. My longest run this year. Several injuries kept me from running the last 7 months in 2007. This year has been a long and painful return to running. I'm so far from top form but SO happy to be running again no matter how slow the pace. I ran a loop in Breakheart Reservation in Saugus, did a short section of pavement over to Lynn Woods Reservation for a loop there, and then returned to Breakheart. I was feeling a little sluggish so I avoided all the big hills but still managed to climb about 1,300 feet in elevation. All the details of my run can be found here: http://trail.motionbased.com/trail/activity/6418034 Although I'm still not feeling 100% I decided to commit to a fall marathon, Stone Cat in Ipswich, MA. I need to challenge myself and set goals. I makes me a better runner and a better person. Dan My Blog: http://breakhearttrailrunning.blogspot.com/
                Only the lead dog has a different view. My Blog http://breakhearttrailrunning.blogspot.com/

Ultrachick

Welcome, Oldguy-we've talked before. I'm glad you're able to start running again. Stone Cat is a good race to aim for. I did the 50 last year and the marathon 2 years ago (I missed a turn on the first lap, got off course who knows how far, found my way back, cried for 20 min and at the urging of Gil, the RD, did another loop and the small marathon lap around the field to get credit for the marathon, the finishing prize and no DNF) The GAC crew that runs the race are super cool and it's a well organized event with the keg hidden in the woods along the course Wink. So post often and let us know how your training is going-I just recently joined at Kickrunners because it's so quiet here. Kelly
                    Hi Kelly I've heard many people say Stone Cat is a great race with awesome volunteers and suppport. I’m really looking forward to it. Will you be running the 50 again this year? Dan
                    Only the lead dog has a different view. My Blog http://breakhearttrailrunning.blogspot.com/

Ultrachick

It depends....I'm training towards my first 100. The Iroquois Trail 100 on Sept 20-21 in Virgil, NY (the Greek Peak area) So if I finish we'll see how the recovery goes. If I don't finish and don't hurt myself in the process there is a good chance I'll be there doing either the 50 or marathon. I have to get to Sept 20 first..... If my SO Jack runs it then I may be there anyway hanging out waiting for him. Kelly
                        Hey, OldGuy - We're glad to have you here no matter the status of your running. We're good at providing encouraging support. No trail running for me this weekend. My buddy, Karen, and I will be crewing for her sister Kate's first 100-miler at the Headlands Hundred. I'm very excited to take part in this race from the crewing point of view. If figure things will start to get pretty interesting around nightfall. I'll check back in here, probably Monday, and let you know how it went. It starts at 9:00 a.m. Saturday and ends Sunday at 3:00 p.m. Kate has a really great guy named Russ who's going to pace for her. He should be able to keep her spirits up through the long dark night.

Leslie
                        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

Kitrin

Me, the Barbie version

Leslie, Have fun on the crew! I think I would enjoy working on the crew at one of the ultra races. Please be sure to post your insights and experiences and wish Kate well for me. I will not be trail running for the next couple days (unless I can squeeze it in) because I will be trying to register our new exchange student at the local high school and then taking her overnight on a kayaking trip. There is too much fun to be had! I am bringing my shoes in case I can find a place to run where we are camping, but I will not have much time. Kitrin
                            I'll definitely be posting a crewing report. I think this is going to be a very interesting and educational experience. If you guys want to read a great trail run report, check this out: http://srlopez-maniac111.blogspot.com/2008/08/72608-white-river-50-miler.html He originally posted it in the ultra runner forum.

Leslie
                            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

Kelly Good luck with your first 100. Maybe we'll meet at Stone Cat. Is YOUR Jack THE Jack that kicked A&& in the 50 last year? Dan
                                If you guys want to read a great trail run report, check this out: http://srlopez-maniac111.blogspot.com/2008/08/72608-white-river-50-miler.html He originally posted it in the ultra runner forum.
                                Hi all, Figured I'd pop in and say hi Smile Your right, that report was awesome... really well written and very entertaining to read. Ok, back to tapering, sleeping high, and general nervousness for me... - Chris