Trail Runners

Neo-Trail Runners Extreme Team - August 2008 (Read 375 times)

Ultrachick

Are you referring to the one who won and set a course record? Yeah, that's him. Big grin Aliza, who won for the women and set a course record as well is also a friend of mine too. We run together whenever we can. She pushes me-I slow her down. There aren't many girls around here who put in crazy miles on trails. Hey Chris-what are you tapering for? It's highly overrated and not totally necessary-just run right through the race then you won't be so nervous-it's just another run. Trust me-I'm a coach! Big grin Kelly
    If you never go fast, you'll never go fast.
      Hey Chris-what are you tapering for? It's highly overrated and not totally necessary-just run right through the race then you won't be so nervous-it's just another run. Trust me-I'm a coach! Big grin Kelly
      The Leadville 100 on Aug 16. My first 100. *gulp* Shocked - Chris

Ultrachick

Well, good luck to you and I'll keep my fingers crossed for a successful finish and recovery! Big grin Be sure to let us all know how it goes...I'll be at Wasatch supporting my significant other in September. Kelly
          Hi - Just checking in real quick. I'm beat and I didn't even run this weekend! Kate did a phenomenal job, finishing her first 100 miler on a very grueling course in 28:40:04. I'll post a "crew" report later, but suffice to say, I had a great time, and it as a very educational and enlightening experience Later!

Leslie
          Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Ultrachick

WooHoo! Tell Kate Great Job! And for me!....83 miles this week! We did a nice 30 miles on single track today-very little road time. It's still wet and muddy and it rained too! Big grin How was everyone else's weekend? Kelly
            Kitrin

Me, the Barbie version

Hello all, I did not run this weekend. My last week (and coming two weeks) was (will be) VERY busy with beginning of school preparations. I will be in Houston all this week then down to Brownsville, back up to DFW area next week, you get the idea. Because I am leaving the house empty for a week, I had to clean it (my OCD showing up there) and mow the lawn. That filled up much of my weekend along with mapping directions to my locations and preparing for a long week of presentations. Sigh, I wanted to run. I am excited that I found another trail to run in my home area. I went to walk it on Saturday night and it is very messy and has some steep inclines, even if they are a little short. This will give me better opportunities to practice running downhill than my regular trail will. I was very tempted to take off on a run, but I had my new exchange student daughter with me and she had difficulty keeping up with my walking pace. She called it "hiking." I did not intend to wear her out. I simply struggle to slow down when I am on a trail, whether it is running or walking or hiking or whatever. We had fun kayaking on Friday. It was my new daughter's first time in a kayak and the river was tame, so she said it was only "a little dangerous." She certainly does not have my tendencies towards recklessness, LOL! I am packing my running shoes to Houston, but I think I will be on the treadmill if I run. I will try to check in during the week, Kitrin
                Good weekend here. Mostly mellow 16 miler yesterday, though a friend broke her ankle 4 miles from the trailhead, so it was a rather involved 5-6 hours to get her out. She's doing pretty well though, resting at home. She was lined up to pace 30 miles at Leadville this weekend (not me, but another runner), so it's a bummer she won't be able to do that. - Chris

Ultrachick

Have fun and good luck this weeknd Chris!.....Leadville is getting closer....... Big grin Kelly
                    I did an 11 mile trail race as a training run on Saturday. It was great to run in a different location and see some new terrain. I'm feeling better every week and will be slowly ramping up the miles to prepare for the Stone Cat marathon if all goes well. If you want to hear more about the race you can read all about it here: http://breakhearttrailrunning.blogspot.com/search/label/oxford%20dam%20race
                    Only the lead dog has a different view. My Blog http://breakhearttrailrunning.blogspot.com/

Ultrachick

Awesome Oldguy! You ran a smart race! Sounds like you had fun and nice to pick off people towards the end. The waist deep river crossing reminded me of the race in Jay I did where I spent a lot of time in the water too-I agree, it helps to revive the legs! If only I was so disciplined to do a cold bath after all my long runs! Congratulations and good luck at your next outing! Kelly
                        Great report, Oldguy! You dropped that dude who was following you like a bad habit. Nicely done! Big grin So are you running at Leadville? I know you said something about a pacer friend breaking her ankle.

Leslie
                        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

Great report, Oldguy! You dropped that dude who was following you like a bad habit. Nicely done! Big grin So are you running at Leadville? I know you said something about a pacer friend breaking her ankle.
                          Yes, I'm running Leadville. Or at least starting Big grin My friend who broke her ankle (distal fibula fracture) was going to pace somebody else. She's now in a boot, so she'll be crewing instead. Forecast is calling for t-storms, lightning, rain, and 4-8" of snow. Should be epic...
                            Forecast is calling for t-storms, lightning, rain, and 4-8" of snow.
                            Classic!

Leslie
                            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

Hmmm. Not even one, "Greg...where are you?" Cry I'm hurt. I popped back in to say hi. Sounds like Kelly's kickin ass, Leslie back on the mend and hittin the trails again, and we gained some new peeps. All's well. My running has been real sporadic as my motivation has been wavering. I'm just not obsessed like I used to be. I'm placing other things ahead of running, which has been necessary. I've worked out a schedule where I think I can make it all work, though I doubt I'll ever be able to go over 50 miles per week. I hear that's enough for a 100, so, we'll see. Anyway, I'm starting over and trying to build gradually. I'm finally going to the doctor tomorrow on my hip issue. I fell rollerblading about 10 days ago right on my right hip, which wasn't the one hurting, and now it's killing me. Woke me up in the middle of the night hurting and I couldnt get back to sleep. No long runs on the weekends for the last month. My fitness has dropped off. Couple of 5 milers during the week, but I hope to change that in the near future. I'll keep in touch. Glad to see everyone is doing so well. Keep on keepin on. Cool

"Run slowly, run daily, drink in moderation, and don't eat like a pig" Dr. Ernst Van Aaken. Sorry ultrasteve.

Greg, figured your were working on that "secret mission" you alluded to and just knew you'd come back to us! Rollerblading?? No way, no how. Not if I want to keep all my bones intact. Let us know what the doc says. Hopefully just a really deep bruise, maybe bone bruise. Don't lay on that side for awhile. Wink Hey Greg! Glad you're back!! Big grin

Leslie
                                -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance