Trail Runners

Trail Run Photos... (Read 1359 times)

Thought I'd start a thread to share the memories we capture.....I'll start. About an inch of snow fell last night at our house - not a common thing. I was looking forward to a trail run on a snowy path, but a lot of it just didn't stick or was melting by 8:00 am this morning....This photo taken along the Foresthill Divide Loop Trail near Auburn, CA, 12/28/07. Please share your favorites.....
    Next up: A 50k in ? Done: California-Oregon-Arizona-Nevada (x2)-Wisconsin-Wyoming-Utah-Michigan-Colorado
      One of many pictures we took at an 18 mile round trip into the Trinity Alps this past August. If you're interested in more pictures, you can see them here: http://s182.photobucket.com/albums/x194/fatozzig/canyon%20creek%20aug%202007/?start=0 Or you can read the whole sordid tale at: http://fatozzig.blogspot.com/ . Look at the August Archive. It was an unbelievably beautiful place to run, and I am more than ready to go back. . . . . although this time of year it might be tricky with 13 feet of snow!

Leslie
      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Kenotic Runner

Took this last summer on the Barr Trail on the way up Pikes Peak.
        Kenotic Runner

Took this one last summer too. This is the trail up Harney Peak in South Dakota. Mountain in the distance is the backside of Mt. Rushmore.
          Kenotic Runner

Took this early in the morning from a trail on Mt. Quandary in Colorado. Grays and Torreys are in the distance.
              From the Salt Point Trail Run last year.

Leslie
              -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

Fern Canyon in Humboldt County, CA. A gorgeous, fun trail to run . . .

Leslie
                -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

Kenotic Runner

This morning I ran Waldo Canyon outside of Colorado Springs. http://www.inclineclub.com/maps/waldo.htm This trail is where trail running legend Matt Carpenter married his wife.
                  KathyW

A waterfall I came across while running in the San Bernardino National Forest on Tuesday:
                    Neil Gunn

Gandalf the Grey

I love this place ... Neil Smile

Running ... just keep running!

Neil - you gotta tell us where it's at, ya know, share the wealth Wink. Gorgeous. Swiss Alps, New Zealand, Canadian Rockies?
                        Next up: A 50k in ? Done: California-Oregon-Arizona-Nevada (x2)-Wisconsin-Wyoming-Utah-Michigan-Colorado
                        Neil Gunn

Gandalf the Grey

Whoops ... sorry. It is above the Oeschinensee which is above Kandersteg in Switzerland. This is a wonderful trail - there is a cable car that takes you up about 1500' ft and then the rest is down to your legs. As you can see, it was a wonderful day (made even better by the mountain restaurant I found 2 miles later!). Neil UK Big grin

Running ... just keep running!

Kenotic Runner

The other day I ran Temescal Canyon in Topanga State Park near LA.

OilCreek100.org

Mine aren't nearly as majestic, but where I normally run (about an hour southeast of where I live) is the site of the world's first oil boom in the 1860's - Oil Creek State Park in Titusville PA, USA. I couldn't get the photos to embed in my reply, so never mind... but there are still oil barrels / collection vats every now and then along the trail as well as oil pipes criss-crossing through the woods from 140 years ago. Really beautiful and neat place to run in this area.
                                Four Pass Loop, near Aspen, CO: