Trail Runners

Trail Run Photos... (Read 1359 times)

About mile 65 of the Hardrock 100, last weekend. Handies Peak (14,053'), which we just climbed, in the background. I was pacing a friend from mile 42 though mile 72. What a beautiful place to run! Cheers, - Chris
      Ok, and since I'm bored at work... here's one from a couple weeks ago. This is Hope Pass, mile 42 and 53 of the Leadville 100 course. We were out pre-running the course before the race (in Aug).
        From my SOB run this past weekend, near the 7,100' mark. The pictures everyone has posted on this thread are just unbelievably beautiful. How blessed we are to get to see such sights! And all because we are lucky enough to do something we love!

Leslie
        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

I agree with Leslie - how lucky we are to see these sights! Chris - I love your photo above from Hardrock - it is now my laptop wallpaper! You take awesome, clear and nicely composed photos. Have I already asked you what camera you use - seems like it must be a digital SLR to get the clarity you achieve. But that would be huge to carry while trail running.
          Next up: A 50k in ? Done: California-Oregon-Arizona-Nevada (x2)-Wisconsin-Wyoming-Utah-Michigan-Colorado
            Trails - How are you able to take a picture from here that you don't post and put it on your laptop? There are a couple I'd like to snag (if the photographers don't mind!), as well. Leslie MTA: Ah! I figured it out all by my lonesome! Big grin

Leslie
            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

No sweat, take all the photos you want, I'm flattered! Smile Trails, I actually use a tiny ultra compact camera when I run. It's a Canon SD800IS. It doesn't take the same level of photos that my dSLR does, but it weighs SO much less and still takes pretty good photos. - Chris
                I take a small digital with me, as well. Taking pics helps me remember . . . and I can more fully explain to family friends one of the reasons I do what I do.

Leslie
                -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

Did a nice long (27.8 mile) loop in the Indian Peaks Wilderness, which is a great wilderness area about 45 minutes from my house. The loop we did is the Buchanan Pass-Pawnee Pass loop and it's a very popular 3-day backpacking trip. The wildflowers were at peak. Descending off Buchanan Pass (mile 9): Blue Columbine (CO state flower) and waterfall along Cascade Creek: Me, at another waterfall: More wildflowers near Lake Isabelle (mile 25): The rest of the set: http://www.chrisgerber.com/photos/thumbnails.php?album=207 Hope everyone had a great weekend on the trails! - Chris
                    No sweat, take all the photos you want, I'm flattered! Smile Trails, I actually use a tiny ultra compact camera when I run. It's a Canon SD800IS. It doesn't take the same level of photos that my dSLR does, but it weighs SO much less and still takes pretty good photos. - Chris
                    I sold my dSLR so I could get an ultracompact - I have a Fujifilm Finepix f50fd. I like that I can carry it in my hand for short runs, and it fits in my vest pocket of my UD waterpack. I'm still not sure if I'm happy with the quality, though, which is why I was asking what you used in those photos. I guess I was used to the capabiltiy of my digital SLR, it's hard to adjust. But it's way better than a disposable one, and it let's me take photos to capture the runs. Thanks for sharing!
                    Next up: A 50k in ? Done: California-Oregon-Arizona-Nevada (x2)-Wisconsin-Wyoming-Utah-Michigan-Colorado
                      Lake Aloha in Desolation Wilderness, along the Pcaific Crest Trail (PCT), Elev ~8200, 7/19/08 Photobucket Sierra Wildflowers, 7/19/08 Sierra meadow wildflowers Heather Lake from upper end of Lake Aloha on the PCT, 7/19/08 Heather Lake along the Pacific Crest Trail
                        Wow, I LOVE those photos! That lake with all the rocky islands is just awesome! Need to get out that way one of these days... - Chris
                          Stunning pictures, you guys. Absolutely stunning!! 'Nother photo from SOB:

Leslie
                          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

Stepped it down a notch and went hiking this past weekend with all the big camera gear. Hope everyone had a great weekend on the trails! - Chris
                              BEAU-TI-FUL!!!!!
                                WOW - - WOW - - WOW!! The water looks like spun sugar. Absolutely gorgeous. Keep spreading the beauty!

Leslie
                                -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance