Trail Runners

Neo-Trail Runners Extreme Team-February 2009 (Read 374 times)

Easy 3 hours for me. Tapering for a 55k race next weekend... just wanted to get out today and enjoy the last nice day for awhile. Snow is moving back in tonight.
    Kitrin

Me, the Barbie version

I think it is too bad for the poor Californians who are not welcome in the other states. WA and OR did not want them. CO does not want them. Does anyone want them? I mean, really, people from CA are not so bad. Of course, I grew up in SoCal and my family is in NorCal, so I have a bias in this. I got out today, finally, for a slow and short run. I stopped at regular intervals to do my "bench"presses where I do push-ups on the seat of a park bench and then on the back. Wow, that makes running harder. By the time I finished pushing, it was much more difficult to resume the run. Thus, the SLOW and SHORT run. My eating and training were nothing to be admired over the past month and my fitness shows it. In order to keep frustration at bay, I had to remind myself that the distance I ran today (2.5 miles) was an achievement less than a year ago. In many ways I feel like I am starting over. Still, I have high hopes that I can build up to where I was and more over the coming months. At least I have some kind of base this time, whereas I had none last year. Slow and steady applies to training as much as anything, I guess. I hope you are all enjoying your weekend. I am going to the King Tut exhibit in Dallas tomorrow. I am quite excited. Kitrin
        8.3 on the streets tonight. 10:50/mile pace. Beat me up a bit but I had to get a longer run in. Enjoy the king tut exhibit Kitrin.

"Run slowly, run daily, drink in moderation, and don't eat like a pig" Dr. Ernst Van Aaken. Sorry ultrasteve.

Hi, Folks - My last run for two weeks as this past Saturday. Completed the 8 3/4 mile Clam Beach Run in 1:26:32. Landed right smack dab in the middle of the pack, as usual. But it was a gloriously beautiful day, not a cloud in the sky, stunning views of the ocean, and the water at the creek crossing was only mid-thigh high on me and it felt really good. Today's an all-liquid diet day in preparation for surgery tomorrow, plus I get to begin the "cleansing" process. Nothin' but fun stuff on the horizon for me!! Big grin Take care ~

Leslie
          Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Hang in there girlfriend. We're all pullin for ya. Cool You'll be up and running again soon enough.

"Run slowly, run daily, drink in moderation, and don't eat like a pig" Dr. Ernst Van Aaken. Sorry ultrasteve.

Up and runnin' - I'm just want a piece of food right now! I'm so hungry, I could eat the rotting rear end of a water buffalo. Well, maybe not rotting, but you get the picture. So I'm torturing myself by watching Food TV. Sick, I know. Wink

Leslie
              -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

Good luck, I hope the surgery goes well and they find and fix the problem!
                Kitrin

Me, the Barbie version

So I'm torturing myself by watching Food TV. Sick, I know. Wink
                  Leslie, to be honest, I WAS beginning to think you are a little touched Wink, but I did not consider that you might be an outright masochist. Big grin Hang in there, the future will be brighter than ever! The King Tut Exhibit was cool, though I am glad I did not pay the full price of $32 (we had a $15 group rate). About half the items came from Ancient Egypt and not specifically from Tut's Tomb, but it was all very interesting and a little creepy. You know, mummies and all that. A great irony of the day was that I broke my sandals and had to wear BRAND NEW shoes through the exhibit. I now have a DOOZY of a blister on my right heel. THAT will be fun to run with. I can run miles and miles without a blister, but two hours at the museum does me in. LOL. All in all, I had a great weekend. Good runs everyone and good luck with the upcoming race, Chris!
                    Up and runnin' - I'm just want a piece of food right now! I'm so hungry, I could eat the rotting rear end of a water buffalo. Well, maybe not rotting, but you get the picture. So I'm torturing myself by watching Food TV. Sick, I know. Wink
                    Whatever kind of food show you're watching, I want nothing to do with it if those are the references you're coming up with. Dead

Well, well......Leslie??? Are you okay???

I'm BAAAAaaaack! And I'm alive. Surgery went great, but they kept me overnight. Then, due to miscommunication between the hospital staff and my doctor, I didn't get released until 9:30 last night. My doc wasn't too happy to find out I was still there. Turns out there was quite a bit of scarring on my GB, so this has been going on awhile. Only problem is bloating. They fill you up with a gas so they can see in there, and then you have to . . . well, you have to expel it. Easier said than done. Blush Am suppose to move around a lot. He even encouraged me to do light housework! In front of The Hub no less! Evil grin The nerve of some people. Wink I can start riding my stationary bike next week, but no lifting any weight over 15 pounds for at least two weeks. The way I feel right now, NO type of exercise feels good.

Leslie
                        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

Hey Leslie! Glad you're back and that the surgery went great, that's awesome news! Sorry they had to keep you little longer than expected, but at least your husband got to enjoy a little more of that wonderful hospital food. Wink I'm headed out to the race in Moab soon, so I'll pop back in on Monday. Hope everyone has a great weekend! - Chris

Ultrachick

Hi Guys! I quickly caught up. Glad to see your surgery went well Leslie-I was thinking of you.... Kitrin-keep moving girlfriend Buddo-is that picture you? Big grin Chris-have fun in Moab-as much as I love skiing and the snow, I wouldn't mind a little dirt right now. The weather warmed up, rained and now it's freezing again. I'm supposed to be at ski school today but the highway was a skating rink, I doubt the skiing is any good and I have better things to be doing then to be sitting around waiting for a private lesson to be booked. So I called and said the roads were awful-I'm not coming in. Still haven't done my anatomy lab I planned on doing 2 days ago. Anyhow-I'm fine, was sick earlier in the week but I'm better and getting up again. No word yet on the new trainer job. Take care, Kelly
                            If you never go fast, you'll never go fast.
                              As of tomorrow, I will be 8 days with no running. Bummer. But I see my doc on Tuesday and hope he gives me the okay to ride my stationary bike. Yesterday it stormed like crazy here, lots of rain and hail, and by the sounds of things right now, it's gonna hit us again tonight. It's okay, though, we really need the rain. Every day I feel better, but today I got into a laughing fit watching a movie and thought I was gonna die. But we went to see the Munich Symphony at Humboldt State University tonight, and I had hardly any problem climbing the flights of stairs to the theater. That made me feel good, especially considering I'm having a hard time eating because of the bloating and, well, to be perfectly honest, constipation. Got some OTC meds tonight for "gentle overnight relief." Roll eyes Keeping fingers crossed it's true! Hope you all had a great V-Day. Later.

Leslie
                              -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

Kitrin

Me, the Barbie version

Sorry I have been so scarce. My husband and I took a trip to a state park to camp overnight and fish the next day, but ended up awake listening to profanities spewing from the mouths of three drunk guys in the next campsite the entire night. When we reported them to the ranger at FOUR IN THE MORNING, he only talked to them for 30 minutes and left. They immediately turned their efforts towards us, so we simply left and drove home. We are not spring chickens anymore and a night without sleep requires more recovery time than it did 20 years ago. We were SO messed up! I ran four miles the day before we left and I pushed myself pretty hard. I was happy with the effort and my performance on the whole. I ran the first half slower than the second and the return is mostly uphill. I'm still moving. I did a TON of lunges with my husband tonight, so I think I will wait until Tuesday to run. This little voice in my head is telling me I will be SORE tomorrow. Leslie, it is great to hear that you are recovering well. I am sure that 8 days off from running must be starting to make you twitchy, so hang in there. Good job on climbing stairs! They are hard work. You will be back in your running shoes soon. Kelly, any luck finding your purpose? I am guessing that Vermont Teddy Bear is finished after Valentine's Day, so how about that job at the gym? My fingers are crossed for you over here. Chris, how was the race? I can't wait for a RR and pictures! Greg, I am not forgetting you, but I don't have any specific questions. I will simply say, "Hey!" Kitrin