Swim Bike Run

I love my new bike (Read 215 times)

IMKY13 finish!!

I love my new bike!!  Yesterday, I rode the triathlon bike course that I did last year (and doing again in 4 weeks) and I beat my time my 9 seconds.  That may not seem like much...however, I did not have the hammer down yesterday, and was just taking it nice & easy and I stayed back with my wife.  So I can’t wait to see how I do when I am racing.  It’s amazing how much “easier” hills are with clipless pedals compared to “flat” pedals.

Fitness/weight goals for 2014

1) STAY INJURY FREE!!!

2) Get to 189 lbs by the end of July 2014...and stay there (as of 4-25-14 was at 203 lbs)

3) Complete Ironman Chattanooga in under 14 hours

4) Break 4 hours in a stand alone marathon (Goal race=Rocket City 12/13/14)

5) 4,500 total overall miles for the year:

Swim: 100 miles

Bike: 3,000 miles

Run: 1,400 miles

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

NICE!  Doesn't that feel great!  Lately my "easy" rides have been at the same speed or faster than my duathlon bike leg back in early May.

Clipless pedals are da bomb.  I'm actually in the process of making the switch to dedicated road pedals on my road bike.  I've been using 2-bolt SPDs, but that small surface has been giving me hot spots and allowing the shoe to flex too much around the small base.  So the SPDs will be reserved for my CX bike and I'm getting the road version of my mtn. shoes with Shimano 105 pedals for my steed. Smile

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

hairshirt knitter

Quick post as I just joined this group, and yesterday I picked up new bike; a brand new Cervelo P2 as part of the Share the Ride deal. I can't believe how little I paid for a full carbon, ultegra, tri-specific bike - love it already :-)