Swim Bike Run

IM training ....le sigh (Read 246 times)

GP160

Anyone else training for an IM now? I am 5 months away from IM Kentucky. I just finished base training and I am so pissed. First, I feel like I was hit by a truck after every workout. Second, I haven't lost a damn pound (10lbs overweight). Third, I am seriously doubting the fact I can indeed swim 2.4 miles, bike 112 and run 26.2.... anyone else with the blues?
    Ironman Louisville 8-30-09
    ironTriKev

IronMan ;)

Hi Gwen, I'll be at IMLou as well, I'm actually just getting over the blah and am starting to get excited about the race training and the upcoming season in general. I think it had to do with the cold weather for me.

Tri-Kev Here are my favorite links:
      My "kick @ss" running club ;)

Swim 2.4 miles.
      Ride 112 miles.
      Run 26.2 miles.
      Then brag for the rest of your life.
      -Commander John Collins, Ironman Triathlon creator

The voice of mile 18

4 weeks in for Chesapeakeman training (only 26 to go!!) just getting geared up. you may not have lost any weight but how about body fat % or jean sizes?

Tri Rule #1 of Triathlon Training/Racing - If Momma ain't happy nobody is happy 

Now that you're done with base training and start to add a bit of speed to some of your workouts ... that's when the weight starts to melt off. At least that how it works for me. As for the blues ... maybe it's a version of spring fever!! I know I'm itching to get out on my bike and today ... it's !&*^$*( snowing out here in MN! Hang in there and good luck with the training.
          Slo

Your 5 months out............some people haven't even started training yet. Don't even begin to worry about the weight......worry about eating correctly to fuel your training. The weight will take care of itself.....if it doesn't, you'll be well trained for the weight your going in at. Wink The doubts are going to come and go.......your going to have solid long training days boosting your confidence only to be followed by a day where you can barely run 2 miles without taking a walk break. those doubts are likely to be there race day too.....during the swim.....during the bike......and most definitely during the run so learn to use them! Enjoy your training and keep us posted.
            GP160

Thanks for the support Smile I'll keep you posted
              Ironman Louisville 8-30-09
              phoebes_dad

I'm just under 9 weeks away from Coeur d' Alene. I'm having the same thoughts, I can probably do all three events on 3 separate days, but putting them together is another thing. It really is a mental battle and I keep telling myself that if other people have finished on this training program so can I. I just want to finish, so to do that I must get to the start without an injury, so don't try too hard. Have easy days and rest days. But what do I know, I'm just a beginner.
                ironTriKev

IronMan ;)

So how is everyone doing with their training? I'm still 15 weeks out form IMLou and building volume in all three disciplines. I'm up to 1.8 miles for the swim, 75 for the bike and just 12 for the run but I feel like I'm on track.

Swim 2.4 miles.
                  Ride 112 miles.
                  Run 26.2 miles.

Gotta TRI

Nice job. keep it up. How are your bricks going?
                    2010 Dec. California International Marathon 2011 Jan. Disney Marathon

The voice of mile 18

So how is everyone doing with their training? I'm still 15 weeks out form IMLou and building volume in all three disciplines. I'm up to 1.8 miles for the swim, 75 for the bike and just 12 for the run but I feel like I'm on track.
                      20.5 weeks to go for Chesapeakeman was doing fine till this week - family obligations, sick kid and report due very soon at work means 4 day vacation from training GRRRRRR following the baby plan so i'm only at 1.2 Mile swim, 2 hr ride 75 min run. but feel great

Tri Rule #1 of Triathlon Training/Racing - If Momma ain't happy nobody is happy 

ironTriKev

IronMan ;)

Andy, Bricks are good, just did one today, 40 mile bike, 4 mile run, felt awesome! Joe, Don't worry about the short little vacation, you have plenty of time before Chessyman, that was the one I did last year, it was my first. Any chance you are doing Columbia in two weeks?

Swim 2.4 miles.
                        Ride 112 miles.
                        Run 26.2 miles.