Swim Bike Run

Quad City Sprint Triathlon RR (Read 162 times)

Slo

QC Triathlon

Sprint Distance

600 yd Swim, 15 mi Bike, 3.1 mi Run

Finish Time 1:27:43

148/550 OA

22/43 M4044 AG

Swim 16:06  placement 391/550

T2 2:53

Bike 43:49 placement 76/550

T3 ????

*Run ????  Est 23:00  placement 76/550

*Timing Matt did not pick me up leaving T2 so my run time is based on my own stop

watch.

Short and Simple.

My Swim SUCKED !  I went out way to hard. Breathless in 75 yds and struggled for the remaining 525 yds. I spent as much time looking at the sky lying on my back as I did looking down into the murky water trying to find my rhythm. I should have completed this in 12:00 mins or less putting me firmly in the top 100 OA.

I rocked the bike…..considering the lack of saddle time I’ve gotten in this year I was very pleased with my bike split. I was never passed and put many many people behind me.

Solid run. Just like the bike, I started to put people behind me starting just yards out of the transition. I wanted to repeat what I did on the bike and not let anyone pass. This is exactly where fartleks come in handy……a little pick up/pass/and settle back into your rhythm. Pass them solidly enough that you intimidate them from even thinking about trying to match you. Once you got 25 to 50 yds on them settle back into your zone.

Good race…..I needed the swim to make it a great race…..

ironTriKev

IronMan ;)

Great job, sorry about the sucky swim, but it seems to happen from time to time in the swim.  why, I dunno, just happens ...

Tri-Kev Here are my favorite links:
      My "kick @ss" running club ;)

Swim 2.4 miles.
      Ride 112 miles.
      Run 26.2 miles.
      Then brag for the rest of your life.
      -Commander John Collins, Ironman Triathlon creator

Thanks for the report, sorry the swim sucked but you did really well on the bike and run. When is your next race? Are you sore or tired?
        Slo

Sore or Tired......No

That's what I really like about the Sprint distances.......You can race them week after week and there is really no need to break up your training period.

My next Tri is in August.  Prior to that I have a 5k and a 4 mile road race......maybe a 10k too and possibly a 40k Time Trial format on the bike.